Accidental pregnancy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got some devastating news today. The boys went in for their neuters yesterday. Nick had a bad reaction to the anesthesia and sadly passed away. Jack jack is doing fine, but misses his brother according to their new owner.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So sorry to hear this. Poor little guy. That is very unfortunate. I'm sure you were shocked to hear this, since they just went to their new home 2 weeks ago.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm just having a hard time accepting that he's gone. He was so full of life.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe I am so sorry to hear this :/ Do you have any of the other siblings? Maybe they could adopt another to be his companion?

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We do, but we're keeping her. She's super attached to my kids and I just can't give her up.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you think the adopter is hoping you will offer to take Jack back? Or was she just letting you know what happened as a courtesy?

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it was just a courtesy thing. Because the day before their surgery, she told me she was glad she got them. When she first saw them, it was obvious she really wanted them. She made sure she knew what food they were on, what litter they were used to, stuff like that. If she asks me to take him back, I will. I don't want anything to happen to him.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We are cat sitting for a friend. A mama and her three newborns. They're just about two weeks old. And they are just infested with fleas. How can I help the kittens? When we pick them up, you can see well over thirty running from your hands.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom needs advantage II. The mom and babies should also be combed with a flea comb. You can dip into a bowl filled with water and dish soap too. Can you also wash all of their bedding?

This is an emergency, as you know.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, I have plenty of Advantage stockpiled for Little Boo, I will put some on her too. I don't have any of their bedding, as they're at my house. So I'm having to treat my cats too. I will dip them with dawn and take the flea comb to them. Thank you so much!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't bathe the kittens if you can help it. Just comb them with the flea comb.

Poor things!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Since the kittens are overrun with fleas, and are now 2 weeks old, you can put one drop of Advantage II on each of their necks. Of course treat mom cat with it too, and wash their bedding in hot water to kill eggs and larva. Good luck!

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have almost completely gotten rid of the fleas. I'm still treating them aggressively, and taking the comb to them daily. I let my friend know the seriousness of the situation, and when she gets back, she is going to be treating her home and yard as well as wash their bedding. That'll be another 2 or 3 weeks, so they will be flea free by then. I will be keeping them until her home is flea free, and thankfully she has agreed to this.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you for letting your friend know the importance of getting rid of the fleas before allowing the cats back in!

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was able to get rid of the fleas. But I took the remaining kitten in. I don't know what happened, but she lost the other two. I believe it was flea related, as when we brought Crookshanks home, just 2 weeks ago now, he was crawling in them. He was also shaved. How can I get him to use the litter box? He doesn't use it.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe! Why did they shave him? Placing him in the litter box before and after meals he will learn quickly that that is where to go to the bathroom :) Kittens always pick up on it quickly. I usually have a little more problems teaching feral adults, but you have to just keep placing them in there!

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wish I knew. He likes to curl up under blankets. I'll definitely start putting him in there. He's so sweet, and loves my other cats.