Accidental pregnancy

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
britty93 britty93

I just want to cry! Poor, poor gal. Please take her back in tomorrow. Really, daily until the crisis subsides. She will definitely need more treatment. She may need sub-q fluids given. She may benefit from a cortisone shot too. Ask the vet!

And tempt her with tuna and tuna water, and boiled chicken and broth.

Please let me know how she is tomorrow. Benadryl wears off in about 8 hours. See if they can give you meds to administer at home. She's got to feel just awful!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's a whole lot better today. The swelling on the really bad one has gone down significantly. She did not need fluids. I gave her some wet food this morning and she scarfed it down as if she she hadn't eaten in weeks. He gave her less Benadryl than yesterday. He said we can give her over the counter Benadryl. Just break a capsule in half, and only give her half of one of those halves. He didn't give her a shot. But he says he thinks she'll be able to pull through this. He said to monitor her closely. She hasn't had any issues breathing today thankfully. Yesterday, she was panting almost non stop until we got her to the vet. She does appear to be sore, but he said that's to be expected.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
britty93 britty93

Oh, thank goodness! I've worried all day over her. I'm so glad you took her in, and very happy to hear that she's hydrated and eating well.

Thank you for the update! I'm sure you are relieved as well.

Is she letting her kittens nurse again yet?

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so relived that she's better today. She's been sleeping a lot today. She's let them nurse a couple of times, but she has started to wean them. She started that a few days before she got out. I know she's not completely out of the woods yet, but she's better.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm sure it will take her several more days! The Benadryl will make her sleepy too.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I have very limited internet access at the moment. She's much better. She's playing again, and this incident seems to have spurred her motivation to almost fully wean the kittens. She seems to be afraid of going outside now. She hasn't laid in front of her favorite window or the patio door since it happened.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's still a little sore and has a little swelling. But overall, she's doing a whole lot better.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do any of you know of any programs that help with spays and neuters?

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Leesville, Louisiana. With her recent vet bills, we blew through our spay/neuter funds.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bittersweet day. The boys are going to their new homes tonight. I will miss their crazy antics, and miss them pouncing on my feet, and pouncing on me in my sleep.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thankfully they get to stay together, so it'll be a little easier on them. Mattie will be ok, she's not crazy attached to her brothers, like she is to her mom. Their new owner has promised me pictures and to let me know how they are after they're neutered. Apparently its already scheduled for next week.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes please. I have been trying, but with limited internet access its kind of hard.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok thank you! I will be calling several of this places tomorrow.