6 Gotta Go - Vegetable Edition

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1612639810761.png

First 5 aren't too difficult for me, but the 6th one is harder.

Radish, Eggplant, Artichoke, Kohlrabi, Fennel, Beet

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd like to remove more than 6 please...
Anything with the word "onion" in it, any and all peppers and chili's, and I'd like to punt asparagus into the sun 😁

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomato, yellow pepper, red pepper, red chili, green chili, olives (assuming I can have olive oil).

I wouldn't miss eggplant or cucumber and only eat avocado in sushi. I don't think I've ever had kohlrabi or fennel.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eggplant
Asparagus
Fennel
Cauliflower
Olives
Avocado

I don't think I've ever had kohlrabi or fennel.
Fennel has a licorice flavor to it so rather you like it or not depends on rather you like licorice. That is actually a genetic thing like cilantro.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fennel has a licorice flavor to it so rather you like it or not depends on rather you like licorice. That is actually a genetic thing like cilantro.
I love licorice, so I'd probably like fennel, then. It can definitely stay. I'd just have to learn how to cook with it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh heck no! You're not taking away my veggies. I love them all. Okay, maybe you can take away the fennel since I've never had it, but I do plan to try it someday.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had fennel seeds but I'm not sure I've ever had fennel root like in the picture. I'm sure it has its uses but I'll skip that. Not sure I've had kohlrabi either so I wouldn't miss it! The others are hard. Even if I don't like them in some applications, they serve a purpose; I don't like celery at all but the flavor is fairly necessary for soups and stews. Cucumbers and red radishes make me burp for 2 days so I'll skip those too. And I could ditch lettuce as long as other greens were around. I suppose the few things I like eggplant in could be easily replaced. So:

Fennel
Kohlrabi
Cucumber
Radish
Lettuce
Eggplant

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I love most veggies but not the starchy ones like corn. The other 5 that can go are: red and green chili, kohlrabi, olives and turnip.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both onions, olives (which actually are fruit, not veggie), tomatoes, cauliflower, avocado (another fruit, not veggie).

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eggplant, mushroom, artichoke, green chili, corn and fennel. There are others I could say but these are the main ones I would toss.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
radish
egg plant
red chili
green chili
fennel
pumpkin

I never had kohlrabi but I looked up and it sounds like something I would like.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomato (Allergy)
Cucumber (Sadly allergic. I love them, but they hate me!)
Eggplant
Beet
Zucchini (Sadly allergic)
Sweet potato

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Asparagus, pumpkin, beet, celery, kohlrabi (don't know what this is), sweet potato.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kohlrabi is similar in texture and flavor to turnip or cabbage. It's a root vegetable and can be cooked in different ways. Most supermarkets don't sell kohlrabi so it's not surprising that most people here have never heard of it. Farmers markets and specialty produces markets and ethnic markets tend to have kohlrabi. One can even buy seeds and grow them in a home garden.