4 year old male cat - VERY lethargic, won't eat, won't drink, vomiting

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is Cage doing? Is the tube out? Already eating on his own? What's The latest update with our little fighter? :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rattlemebones

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey all wanted to give an update, he's doing great now.  Tube is still in but is coming out on Tuesday.  He's completely eating on his own and has gained back a pound in the last week.  Everything's lookin good now!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :woohoo: :winner: Cage :clap::clap::clap:
Awesome, Awesome news!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
Thank you so much for coming back to update us :hugs:
Please keep in touch :hugs:

maverickmills

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just read your post and it sounds like Chronic Renal Failure. It is usually and "old cat" illness but a number of young cats end up with it. The bllod screen will answer everything. My fingers are crossed for you and your kitty.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read your post and it sounds like Chronic Renal Failure. It is usually and "old cat" illness but a number of young cats end up with it. The bllod screen will answer everything. My fingers are crossed for you and your kitty.
MaverickMills, I am sorry you lost your baby.... :hugs: But Cage doesn't haver CRF - if you read the whole thread, you will see that this was the result of a foreign object he swallowed, and caused havoc in his system...... He is fin now...... :wavey:

Last edited:

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL I hope you'll post his picture after he's doing a lot better :-) Save that doorstop he ate, it is very expensive now LOL.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL I hope you'll post his picture after he's doing a lot better :-) Save that doorstop he ate, it is very expensive now LOL.:lol2: :rolleyes:
:spit: :flail: I think we can laugh about it now, right? The $5,000 Doorstop :thud:

rattlemebones

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tube's out and everything is back to normal!  

Just thought I'd include a picture of him and what a $5000 rubber door stop looks like.

finnlacey

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
WOW! the things they'll eat!!!! SOOOO happy to hear he's all better! 

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a great picture! Be careful though, he's eyeing that doorstop! 

Seriously though, he is alive right now because of you. It is just the most wonderful thing that you were there for your boy and went the extra mile for him. I know how hard it is to spend that much money when you are not prepared for it. I know your boy will have a long wonderful life now. He knows what you did for him, make no mistake. 

YAY!!! YAY!!!

rattlemebones

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's a great picture! Be careful though, he's eyeing that doorstop! 

Seriously though, he is alive right now because of you. It is just the most wonderful thing that you were there for your boy and went the extra mile for him. I know how hard it is to spend that much money when you are not prepared for it. I know your boy will have a long wonderful life now. He knows what you did for him, make no mistake. 

YAY!!! YAY!!!
He's a completely different cat.  He was always my girlfriend's cat, but now he comes running to me.  He's so much friendlier.  I don't know if it's just us paying him more attention or if he is just so happy to be feeling better.

chyelokitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 2 year old cat became lethargic, not eating or drinking, vomited some clear stuff that was projectile when I picked her up. This was last evening when I got home from work. Also, she was in the exact same place where I left her when I went to work in the morning. She won't even try one of her treats which she usually will beg for. She is an indoor/outdoor cat as I have several dogs who go out, can't stop her! So I am wondering if she got into something. Lately she has thrown up some food a couple times which did not worry me because she acted normal, she has done it before. Today she continues to be lethargic, refuses water or food, not grooming, and if her eyes aren't closed she is staring, or her third eyelid is showing. The weird thing is if I pet her she will stretch and purr for awhile, but last night when I picked her up she started the low pitched yowl cats do. I am taking her to the vet this afternoon, soonest I could get in. I wondered if anyone else has ideas of what might be wrong with her. She eats meow mix which has never been an issue before, it's what she has always had.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My 2 year old cat became lethargic, not eating or drinking, vomited some clear stuff that was projectile when I picked her up. This was last evening when I got home from work. Also, she was in the exact same place where I left her when I went to work in the morning. She won't even try one of her treats which she usually will beg for. She is an indoor/outdoor cat as I have several dogs who go out, can't stop her! So I am wondering if she got into something. Lately she has thrown up some food a couple times which did not worry me because she acted normal, she has done it before. Today she continues to be lethargic, refuses water or food, not grooming, and if her eyes aren't closed she is staring, or her third eyelid is showing. The weird thing is if I pet her she will stretch and purr for awhile, but last night when I picked her up she started the low pitched yowl cats do. I am taking her to the vet this afternoon, soonest I could get in. I wondered if anyone else has ideas of what might be wrong with her. She eats meow mix which has never been an issue before, it's what she has always had.
No idea what is wrong, but hopefully she'll be okay. 
  Let us know.

Last edited:

kittkat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please don't listen to the person who told you to give your cat Pepto,,,,,,NEVER   use that on a cat,  it can be fatal

KittyQueen916

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He got up a while ago and came in to head butt me, use the bathroom, and ate a single treat from my hand. Then he went and crashed again. He seems to be doing better, just exhausted

What vet did you take him to? I found your post because I'm searching for clues why my boy isn't eating or drinking & vomiting.

I did call the vet, they said it's to be expected but he should be better tomorrow