3 Week Old Kitten

Oscar&Copper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You'll be surprised how quickly her leg heals. Kittens have amazing healing powers when they're well taken care of. But need to keep that fever down. The novacam should help with that. My Oscar compressed all the little bones in his wrist at Amara's age, he had a cast on for 5 days and was on novacam for 6 days. He is perfect now, you would never know he went through that ordeal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amara is still a bit off, really cuddly. Just a child seeking comfort from her mum.

At least she's walking again and she's playing with her 'sister' even though Dotty is a bit rougher today.

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Went to the emergency vet this morning.

Yesterday she had 39,9 and 39,7 and this morning I fed her her second milk, took her temp before feeding and it hit 40,0. I fed her and she was squinting her eyes and trembling.
The vet agreed to see her(and I took Dot as company) and when I got there her temp was down to 39,3. She was exploring and both girls got a bit of an exam, comparing their size, paws, tails.
For now I have to continue the synulox and keep an eye on her

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amara is doing fine but not eating as she should and her fur is a bit funny. She also barely hit the 780 grams and stayed on 770 for 2 days. She's not suckling her bottle like she did. Instead I feed her with the nipple in the side of her mouth and just drip it in. She will drink it but it feels forced.
Canned food has minimum interest plus she'll only lick a bit before Dotty eats it. I have seen her eat kibble but again, minimal.
I took one bottle out before she got sick, going from six feeds to five but now I'm thinking put it back in, just to keep her weight stable and growing.
She is playing and running around but something is still off

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amara seems to be on the mend. She'll come follow me around when it's bottle time and eats her canned food and kibble. Temp 2 days ago was 38,6 so that's in the normal range again.

Is it normal for human raised kitty's to meow a lot? She meows when I wake her up for a bottle, she'll meow in between, meow for a cuddle.:loveeyes:

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All my cats talk to me hihi. I have a different tone for each of them and some meow, some prr. Small Fry for example will meow but no sound comes out, just air, if you know what I mean.
But Amara meows a lot, more than I'm used to, that's why I asked:lovecat:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Amara seems to be on the mend. She'll come follow me around when it's bottle time and eats her canned food and kibble. Temp 2 days ago was 38,6 so that's in the normal range again.

Is it normal for human raised kitty's to meow a lot? She meows when I wake her up for a bottle, she'll meow in between, meow for a cuddle.:loveeyes:
:party3::party2::party::banana2:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad she is feeling better.

I have one kitten, that whenever I look at her, she talks. She will stop what she's doing, look at me and squeak. She doesn't meow, she squeaks. And she was hand raised also.

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Everything is going great atm. My grandparents' 60th anniversary is coming up so I was busy trying to figure out a present.

Amara hit the 1000 grams yesterday. She's on 4 times milk and she really needs it still, she'll call me when it's about time for a feed. Both get canned food with milk in the morning and evening and in between 2 feeds of dry kibble with milk. They're not ravenous for the dry dry kibble yet. I leave them in their kitten home at night with a bowl of dry food, but they hardly touch it.
I'm thinking I spoiled them with the canned food.

They're also really exploring now and getting on everything, kitchen countertop, cupboard. There was a bit of dominance peeing from Maissie but she was napping with Amara on my lap 2 days ago so we are getting there.

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amara is 12 weeks this week but she's still very dependent on milk 4 times a day. Over a day she get's a 100 grams of wet food specifically for kittens and kibble about 20 grams but she hardly touches that.
The thing I'm worried about is that she has diarrea. Small Fry had giardia so that's in the back of my mind. Dotty has firm poop so it seems to center on Amara.
Thoughts?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She should probably be treated for giardia. It's the likely culprit.

Diarrhea is never normal. What color is it?

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yellowish.

How can it be giardia? We almost never have shoes on in the house and no cat comes outside......

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yellowish.

How can it be giardia? We almost never have shoes on in the house and no cat comes outside......
Yellowish sounds more like coccidia or infection. She should be treated for her diarrhea regardless. The vet will probably prescribe Albon.