2013 Secret Santa received thread!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Ukrainian Christmas starts on January 6th and finishes on January 7th.   My Mom was Ukrainian Catholic and we celebrated both Christmas and Ukrainian Christmas.

http://ukrainianchristmas.ukrainiangenealogygroup-pei.org/
My family always called that Little Christmas; but I'm not sure how that got started for us. 

I'm glad you are enjoying your Tim Tams; finally!

A coloring book!  What a great idea, how fun.  Great pics, Andrya.  
Love it!  I don't take enough advantage of all the coloring books in my house!  Maybe that can be my New Years resolution?

I received a package yesterday. Someone decided to be an "unofficial" Secret Santa to me. When the outside package was opened, there were two packages for the ladies and a card for me. The card had two Barnes and Noble gift cards with it. When I opened the two for the ladies, one had four furry mice and three ping-pong balls and the other was some Stella and Chewy's chicken freeze-dried raw food and some freeze-dried liver treats. When I get back from going to my sister's this weekend, I will try and see if they like them. They love the mice and ping-pong balls. I gave them one of each for the time being.

The note with the card for me said something else is coming, but didn't make it to them before Christmas.

Whoever sent the presents, bless you. May your generosity and thoughtfulness be returned seventy times seven.
That is really great!! 

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh YAY, I'm so glad everything arrived in one piece.
 I was kind of worried about the starfish.  And I'm glad the dog treats were good, I've never bought treats for dogs before!  LOL  Pop-rocks in the chocolate?  Definitely not, though honestly I can't think what that might be.  Which one was that?  You said DH liked peanut butter but I'm not a good baker and thought you all would be better off with something NOT baked by me!  
Everything arrived perfectly! And, I know how fragile starfish can be when shipping, but he got here all in one piece. Actually, I'm thinking about hanging him from my car's review mirror and not wait until next Christmas to use him....he is so cute!

The chocolate bar I was referring to was the "Pop Corn Pop" by Chuao (red and white packaging). The back explains it is a mix of puffed whole grains, toasted corn chips, popping candy, sea-salt and milk chocolate. You "close your eyes, take a bite, and experience popcorn popping in your mouth". Don't get me wrong, we love it! I just kind of freaked me out on the first bite. Never had a popping candy bar before. 

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I received a package yesterday. Someone decided to be an "unofficial" Secret Santa to me. When the outside package was opened, there were two packages for the ladies and a card for me. The card had two Barnes and Noble gift cards with it. When I opened the two for the ladies, one had four furry mice and three ping-pong balls and the other was some Stella and Chewy's chicken freeze-dried raw food and some freeze-dried liver treats. When I get back from going to my sister's this weekend, I will try and see if they like them. They love the mice and ping-pong balls. I gave them one of each for the time being.

The note with the card for me said something else is coming, but didn't make it to them before Christmas.

Whoever sent the presents, bless you. May your generosity and thoughtfulness be returned seventy times seven.
Oh, that is SO sweet!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My family always called that Little Christmas; but I'm not sure how that got started for us. 
Little Christmas is the feast of the 3 Kings, or the Epiphany, when the 3 kings gave their gifts to the baby Jesus. From my understanding, some religions use that date (Jan 6) as the day for giving gifts, and Dec 25 as a religious holiday to remember the birth of Christ. In our house, decorations never came down before Jan 7, which sometimes meant they stayed up until almost Feb. 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Everything arrived perfectly! And, I know how fragile starfish can be when shipping, but he got here all in one piece. Actually, I'm thinking about hanging him from my car's review mirror and not wait until next Christmas to use him....he is so cute!

The chocolate bar I was referring to was the "Pop Corn Pop" by Chuao (red and white packaging). The back explains it is a mix of puffed whole grains, toasted corn chips, popping candy, sea-salt and milk chocolate. You "close your eyes, take a bite, and experience popcorn popping in your mouth". Don't get me wrong, we love it! I just kind of freaked me out on the first bite. Never had a popping candy bar before. 
Oh!  Popping candy, I did not see that part.
  Wow.  I was looking at the 'popcorn' part....How....interesting.  LOL  I'm glad you liked it, anyway.... 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Little Christmas is the feast of the 3 Kings, or the Epiphany, when the 3 kings gave their gifts to the baby Jesus. From my understanding, some religions use that date (Jan 6) as the day for giving gifts, and Dec 25 as a religious holiday to remember the birth of Christ. In our house, decorations never came down before Jan 7, which sometimes meant they stayed up until almost Feb. 

That's how it used to be for us with our decorations.  Now we have an early January baby in the house so they have to come down before party decorations can go up!  Motivation I guess!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just opened up all the other goodies from my SS, and it really brightened my night! Thank you so much, the furbabies and I loved everything!! :heart3: (Our wonderful SS was, Leighann...MoochNNoodles)

Here are pictures!

A funny Santa magic crystal lol!
Goodies for me: Santa Crystal Ball, some warm Christmas socks I'm planning to use after my bath, and some very pretty nail polishes!

Goodies for the kitties! Catnip mice, catnip bubbles, a honeysuckle/catnip blend, and two bags of their favorite treats!

All of the goodies!!

Mykelti and Ranger got goodies too!

Adorable card! As soon as I saw those adorable babies, I knew exactly who my sweet SS was! :heart2:

And another picture of the adorable "crazy cat lady Christmas house" I opened early! Everyone who had been to my house has had a fit over this; it is the best!!

Thank you again, Leighann! We love and appreciate everything! You made our Christmas very Merry and bright this year!

For those wondering, our goodies included:
-Amazing Crazy Cat Lady House, Christmas edition lol. Love it!!
-A cute snowman ornament, already on our tree!
-Christmas socks
-nail polish
-Santa crystal ball
-kitty treats
-kitty toys, bubbles, and catnip mix
-two dog toys for the Aussies

Last edited by a moderator:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I did not know about the Ukranian Christmas.  Jan. 6 is also a Hispanic tradition "El Día de los Reyes", Three Kings Day.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ons-behind-el-dia-de-los-reyes_n_2412379.html  I learned about it when I lived in Spain, teaching English--many moons ago! 

We celebrate that day with family instead of Christmas.  Mostly because stepkids always were at their mom's for Christmas, so we picked that holiday to be our "traditional" one.  And because it's Hispanic, I can make Mexican food (my favorite!) for the family feast.  

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you again, Leighann! We love and appreciate everything! You made our Christmas very Merry and bright this year!

You are very welcome!

Here's what the house looked like before I shipped it! :lol3:

ETA: I tried to find an aussie for it; but the only ones I could find would have been gigantic inside it!  I guess then it would have been a very fancy Christmas dog house! lol
Love all of the up close pics of it; it is adorable! A lot of our friends/family have cats, so they have all had a nice laugh over it! | haha I have the most difficult time finding Aussie things lol!

OK so through process of elemination, my SS is Starry ???
Sorry Hun, I was SS to Betsy (BetsyGee) this year!

I will try and find the list to add my name to it. Maybe you can contact a snooper to ask about your SS. :)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nurseangel - yayi
Pollýanna - Sivyaleah
parsleysage - GoldyCat
Andrya - Natalie_ca
Natalie_ca - Andrya
cheylink - Nebula
StarryEyedTiGeR - MoochNNoodles
Sivyaleah - cheylink
calico2222 -??
betsygee - StarryEyedTiGeR
Nebula - ??
GoldyCat - ??
EB24 - ??

Adding my name to the list.

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am pretty sure I know who my SS is- just waiting for confirmation! I did open my package and it was wonderful- working on a good recap post but you will just have to wait until tomorrow when I'm not so tired for me to finish it! 

It's pretty slim pickins now Nebula so that should make it a lot easier! 

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nurseangel - yayi
Pollýanna - Sivyaleah
parsleysage - GoldyCat
Andrya - Natalie_ca
Natalie_ca - Andrya
cheylink - Nebula
Sivyaleah - cheylink
calico2222 -??
Nebula - Cheylink
GoldyCat - ??
EB24 - ??

Did cheylink and I have each other? The list is confusing and that is what it looks like?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally had a chance to catch up completely here.  Goodness, what fantastic photos and gifts!

And it occurs to me as I looked over all of them that this group of people has awesome tastes in chocolate 
  There isn't a single one there I wouldn't be thrilled to receive, and eat!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

nurseangel - yayi
Pollýanna - Sivyaleah
parsleysage - GoldyCat
Andrya - Natalie_ca
Natalie_ca - Andrya
cheylink - Nebula
Sivyaleah - cheylink
calico2222 -??
Nebula - 
GoldyCat - ??
EB24 - ??

Did cheylink and I have each other? The list is confusing and that is what it looks like?
cheylink's gift came from you, cheylink was siyvaleah's secret santa (see highlighted portion above).

Looks like your options are me, EB24, betsygee, calico2222, and Pollyanna. To make it easier, it wasn't me. 
 As Mooch said, shoot a snooper a PM and see what hints they can give you, or just wait it out!

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l'll update from what l read too. betsygee was calico2222's SS.

nurseangel - yayi
Pollýanna - Sivyaleah
parsleysage - GoldyCat
Andrya - Natalie_ca
Natalie_ca - Andrya
cheylink - Nebula
Sivyaleah - cheylink
calico2222 -betsygee
Nebula - 
GoldyCat - ??
EB24 - ??

MoochNNoodles - 

yayi  -

l'm pretty sure there are 16 of us, but l've only got 15 down the receive side. Who am l missing?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

l'll update from what l read too. betsygee was calico2222's SS.

nurseangel - yayi
Pollýanna - Sivyaleah
parsleysage - GoldyCat
Andrya - Natalie_ca
Natalie_ca - Andrya
cheylink - Nebula
Sivyaleah - cheylink
calico2222 -betsygee
Nebula - 
GoldyCat - ??
EB24 - ??

MoochNNoodles - 

yayi  -

l'm pretty sure there are 16 of us, but l've only got 15 down the receive side. Who am l missing?
You've got it right! 

@Nebula; it looks like your choices are nurseangel, EB24, and pollyanna.  Did you get any hints at all?  Was there a postmark on the package telling you where it came from?  A card?  We need to know what clues there might be!

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Nebula
; it looks like your choices are nurseangel, EB24, and pollyanna.  Did you get any hints at all?  Was there a postmark on the package telling you where it came from?  A card?  We need to know what clues there might be!:nod:

Hmmmmm...... I wonder of it was from me? :idea:

Last edited: