2013 Secret Santa received thread!

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I know is I had cheylink for my SS, and she messaged me confirming she got the package :D

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rbheart:
Okay, here goes. I can't be a total lightsider this year because I'm driving down Christmas morning to spend the day with my mother -- without the kitties. I figured I could just kind of sneak up on the darkside. There are 12 presents in the package. Starting yesterday I'm opening three a day, so I'll finish up on Christmas Eve.

Merlin checking out the box

First thing out of the box -- kitty toys! (er, packing paper)

All the presents together, along with the three cats who weren't napping

After I took the picture I had to put the presents away. Shareena is a little too interested in the ribbons on the presents.

A card that my SS said to open immediately. Inside I've been given strict instructions. The presents are all numbered and I'm to open them in order.

What's the box with the word 'loft' on it?

Opening Saturday's presents

:yummy: :drool:

Beautiful hair ties, comb, and clips

Neko Flies mouse toy was an instant hit. Iris prefers to play with the string, which made the mouse jump all over the place for the other kitties.

Even Cali came out from under the table to attack it

I'm sure you noticed the duckbilled cat toys that were used to decorate some of the presents, one for each of my cats. I tried to get a picture of each cat with his/her namesake, but they weren't exactly cooperating with the photo op.
Iris -- "We are not amused"

Miss Patchwillow & Merlin. "Who cares about toys when I can harass the Monkey (Merlin)?

Sunday's gifts coming up soon.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ukrainian Christmas starts on January 6th and finishes on January 7th.   My Mom was Ukrainian Catholic and we celebrated both Christmas and Ukrainian Christmas.

http://ukrainianchristmas.ukrainiangenealogygroup-pei.org/
Is that the same as Russian orthodox?
My grandparents both sides were ukrainian Jews who went to England in the beginning of the 1900's
I wonder if there are any foods we both eat!
Anyway merry Christmas.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandparents both sides were ukrainian Jews who went to England in the beginning of the 1900's
Anyway merry Christmas.
No Ukrainian Catholic and Russian Orthodox are different.

Here are some typical Ukrainian foods.  Very similar to Polish and Russian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_cuisine

Not sure if you are into history, but here is the history of the Ukrainian Catholic Church

http://www.cnewa.us/default.aspx?ID=69&pagetypeID=9&sitecode=US&pageno=1

I don't subscribe to the religion though. But my Mom did.

Last edited:

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View media item 194040
Rhys bunny-kicking the 'nip pillow while the other two chase the bows

View media item 194041
lt's MY turn with the 'nip!

View media item 194042
Rhys showing his excitement (and his boundless energy View media item 194043
Bretten catching mouse for breakfast
You're welcome!  You were fun to shop for! 

Did you like the colouring book and crayons?  LOL I couldn't resist. I think every adult should cave into their childhood from time to time and colour! 

So glad the kitties love their toys.  That Kong feather toy is Spencer's absolute favourite. I had to keep it out of his way or he would have claimed it as his own!

Last edited:

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l did like the colouring book and crayons!! 
 And l agree, l do love to colour, and draw, and doodle. l do it all the time, so they will be well used.

There is a video of Bretten chewing his way into the catnip bag, but since l'm on the Windows 8 computer, l have no clue how to upload it! l'll try and figure it out later when the rest of us Lightsiders have posted their pix.

Oh, and it turns out Rhys was saving his energy for a kitchen raid - l discovered him licking the cream cheese icing off the freshly baked cinnamon rolls!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I actually was a lightsider this year (surprise!) and it was worth it! Betsygee was my SS...Thank you for everything! We love it! I used DH's phone to take the pics since I can't find my digital camera, and some of them didn't turn out (stupid smart phone is smarter than me!) But here's what I was able to upload:

LittleOne napping on the box. This became her favorite napping place! See, I told you I can't use his phone!

Box is open!!!

Everything on display (please pay no attention to the wall behind the pellet stove. We are still finishing the dry wall and the mudding of it got...ummmm...stalled?)

2 shot glasses from CA (we collect shot glasses). Now, I just need to visit so I can honestly say "I was there" 
3 adorable ornaments, 1 kitty 1 doggy and a surfin starfish (LOVE that one!). We didn't put up a tree this year but they will be put in a very safe place for next year.

I have to get ready for dinner, so more pics later (if my puter cooperates!!) but we also got a very beautiful poinesetta (sp? you know, the red Christmas flower) ornament that can be clipped at the end of a branch. The pic actually doesn't do it justice. Also received a lovely smelling candle and handmade cherry-almond soap and candybars! (does one of the bars have pop-rocks in it????) And thank you for sending 2 peanut butter chocolate bars because DH stole one as soon as he saw it! Oh, and the furry kids got kitty treats and toys and the dogs got treats (which they love) and a tug rope toy. They've been busy girls out in the yard. Thank you so much for everything! Like I said, I'll attempt to post the rest of the pics later tonight or tomorrow if my computer likes me (should have asked Santa for a new one this year!)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
LittleOne napping on the box. This became her favorite napping place! See, I told you I can't use his phone!

Box is open!!!

Everything on display (please pay no attention to the wall behind the pellet stove. We are still finishing the dry wall and the mudding of it got...ummmm...stalled?)

2 shot glasses from CA (we collect shot glasses). Now, I just need to visit so I can honestly say "I was there" 
3 adorable ornaments, 1 kitty 1 doggy and a surfin starfish (LOVE that one!). We didn't put up a tree this year but they will be put in a very safe place for next year.

I have to get ready for dinner, so more pics later (if my puter cooperates!!) but we also got a very beautiful poinesetta (sp? you know, the red Christmas flower) ornament that can be clipped at the end of a branch. The pic actually doesn't do it justice. Also received a lovely smelling candle and handmade cherry-almond soap and candybars! (does one of the bars have pop-rocks in it????) And thank you for sending 2 peanut butter chocolate bars because DH stole one as soon as he saw it! Oh, and the furry kids got kitty treats and toys and the dogs got treats (which they love) and a tug rope toy. They've been busy girls out in the yard. Thank you so much for everything! Like I said, I'll attempt to post the rest of the pics later tonight or tomorrow if my computer likes me (should have asked Santa for a new one this year!)
Oh YAY, I'm so glad everything arrived in one piece.
 I was kind of worried about the starfish.  And I'm glad the dog treats were good, I've never bought treats for dogs before!  LOL  Pop-rocks in the chocolate?  Definitely not, though honestly I can't think what that might be.  Which one was that?  You said DH liked peanut butter but I'm not a good baker and thought you all would be better off with something NOT baked by me!  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyway merry Christmas.
Some similar but different names.

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh YAY, I'm so glad everything arrived in one piece.
 I was kind of worried about the starfish.  And I'm glad the dog treats were good, I've never bought treats for dogs before!  LOL  Pop-rocks in the chocolate?  Definitely not, though honestly I can't think what that might be.  Which one was that?  You said DH liked peanut butter but I'm not a good baker and thought you all would be better off with something NOT baked by me!  
Pop rocks? Is it not maybe crisp rice.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I received a package yesterday. Someone decided to be an "unofficial" Secret Santa to me. When the outside package was opened, there were two packages for the ladies and a card for me. The card had two Barnes and Noble gift cards with it. When I opened the two for the ladies, one had four furry mice and three ping-pong balls and the other was some Stella and Chewy's chicken freeze-dried raw food and some freeze-dried liver treats. When I get back from going to my sister's this weekend, I will try and see if they like them. They love the mice and ping-pong balls. I gave them one of each for the time being.

The note with the card for me said something else is coming, but didn't make it to them before Christmas.

Whoever sent the presents, bless you. May your generosity and thoughtfulness be returned seventy times seven.

Last edited: