2010 Secret Santa Discussion Thread!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

Snakes for all! Sorry, I got excited. But I do think those King snakes are pretty. Just please don't send me a Coral snake by mistake.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

You just gave away that your SS is female. While I know most of the members here are female, maybe some of the boys signed up. Be aware. Be careful. Reveal nothing!
And??? I have yet to see that any men here have signed up or are posting in hints.... I could say some things that really would give it away, but I'm not gonna... I've played this game before...

Amanda

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

And??? I have yet to see that any men here have signed up or are posting in hints.... I could say some things that really would give it away, but I'm not gonna... I've played this game before...

Amanda
MrBlanche is taking part

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Well, we'll hypothetically say that before I was organizer and knew all the secrets of...secret santa
I might have been really nosy too
I became a snooper for that reason, hypothetically of course.... and i still failed miserably
there's no hypothetical about that

I have heard people can be bought... I am not, however, one of them
and there's only 2 other people that know that match-ups!!

wow, Karen, this power is kinda going to my head!
Last year, lol, I got a note from a little birdie that told me since you were a mod to make sure I didn't actually do a search for your name (because if you were online you could see it). So I had to make sure I did everything the hard way to find posts you'd made and such.

So while you all might be out there trying sooo hard to figure out who has your name, there are probably others out there trying to thwart your efforts!!!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

Last year, lol, I got a note from a little birdie that told me since you were a mod to make sure I didn't actually do a search for your name (because if you were online you could see it). So I had to make sure I did everything the hard way to find posts you'd made and such.

So while you all might be out there trying sooo hard to figure out who has your name, there are probably others out there trying to thwart your efforts!!!
I had wondered if the mods knew who had their names...but was afraid to ask!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

God, it's going to be wierd watching you guys do SS this year from the sidelines and not participate, but still will be fun!
Weird for me too, Cindy, but I am stilled burned out form last year.

Originally Posted by Kailie

Ahhhh, I have so many great ideas! Yep, super, super excited!
I think we should do this mid year as well, have a kind of "Christmas in July" thing going on!
Check with Katie around Dec 28th and I bet she will tell you what you can do with that idea.

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I have heard people can be bought... I am not, however, one of them
and there's only 2 other people that know that match-ups!!

wow, Karen, this power is kinda going to my head!
Hey, I am one of those people!
I think you are organizing SS only so you can know who has you.

Originally Posted by emrldsky

You can out me as the birdie.
Katie knew I was trying to thwart her at every turn. No one was trying to find out more who was their SS than Katie.

I had wondered if the mods knew who had their names...but was afraid to ask!
The Mods that are organizing (Katie and Kellye) would, but any other Mod that is participating would not.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Translated, that means she still has a mean hangover.

BTW, who is in charge of the liquor this year? Or are we using premium chocolate?

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ordered two perfect gifts today for you, SS recipient
Dont you wish you knew who you were!?

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Oooh my stalking has gotten me a list of stuff to start shopping for. And luckily, the gift I've already purchased will be liked!!
SO exciting.

I think I found the ultimate website for one of the gifts, too
I would say you have no idea how excited I am, but I know you all do because you're equally excited
I am super excited too!

Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

Woo hoo let the games begin just got my name this morning cuz dummy me forgot to sync my email to my phone....again...

Dear SS
I am ________ you a _______ and since you gave some amazing hints I also got an idea to _______ you a ________. Don't worry though I can't find any llamas haha!

This is so awesome although bf has already deemed me looney cuz I did my happy dance when I got my email.
Dear SS
I am _knitting_ you a _llama fur robe_ and since you gave some amazing hints I also got an idea to _paint_ you a _shiney red wagon_. Don't worry though I can't find any llamas haha!

Yeah, I know I'm so close!!!!!

Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Dear SS, I found the PERFECT website for a __________ gift, and will be ordering soon. I'm also going out today to get you _________, ________, and ___________, as well.

Dear SS, I found the PERFECT website for a _fun_ gift, and will be ordering soon. I'm also going out today to get you _chocolate, _cat toys_, and _other stuff, as well.

Yay!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Check with Katie around Dec 28th and I bet she will tell you what you can do with that idea.

Hey, I am one of those people!
I think you are organizing SS only so you can know who has you.

You can out me as the birdie.
Katie knew I was trying to thwart her at every turn. No one was trying to find out more who was their SS than Katie.

The Mods that are organizing (Katie and Kellye) would, but any other Mod that is participating would not.
Yes, I knew Karen took all precautions to prevent me from finding out my SS, I cajoled and weedled and got.....nothing
I even had a sheet where I woud eliminate people who snooped other people
I didn't know my SS until I saw the address on the box
and that was only because of Facebook

you know me all too well, Karen! that was one of my main motivations for wanting to be involved in SS

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Perhaps we should get a list of the usernames of all those participating. That way we can start striking off names as we think folks are eliminated.

Or would that make our lives too easy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

Perhaps we should get a list of the usernames of all those participating. That way we can start striking off names as we think folks are eliminated.

Or would that make our lives too easy?
oh no, that would be waaaaay to easy

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found another gift for my person, but am still debating on whether or not to purchase it. I figure he or she would either like it or hate it and I'd rather he or she like it.
At the rate I am going, I will be finished shopping long before Halloween. Which raises the question, would my person find it odd to get little pumpkin-shaped chocolates for Christmas?
Just kidding...the only thing holding me back is the chocolate. I must wait until a certain German store puts out their Christmas candy.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just want to say I am totally open for package misdirection assistance. So if you need your package remailed from a location that doesn't give you away...lemme know.

And then my santee will never know if the pressies came from me or if I redirected them for someone else.

Yes, I am being diabolical this year!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise

I found another gift for my person, but am still debating on whether or not to purchase it. I figure he or she would either like it or hate it and I'd rather he or she like it.
At the rate I am going, I will be finished shopping long before Halloween. Which raises the question, would my person find it odd to get little pumpkin-shaped chocolates for Christmas?
Just kidding...the only thing holding me back is the chocolate. I must wait until a certain German store puts out their Christmas candy.
I'll take chocolate any time. No need to wait for Christmas.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Dear SS
I am _knitting_ you a _llama fur robe_ and since you gave some amazing hints I also got an idea to _paint_ you a _shiney red wagon_. Don't worry though I can't find any llamas haha!

Yeah, I know I'm so close!!!!!
Close but no cigar...Hahaha

This is my first year participating in SS and I spent ALL DAY yesterday reading last years discussion thread and stalking my person. I hope they are going to be happy because they really did make it easy its like shopping for myself with a few tweeks! Now that I know my person BF is actually getting into it we planned out quite a few things, made our list and are going to _______ to get _____ in order to _____ them a ______. Im so excited I cant contain myself this is gonna be so AWESOME!!!!!
Im still doing my "SS has officially started" happy dance!! Im even psycho stalking this thread and the hints thread, Ive got them bookmarked on the computer AND my phone!!!