2 Pregnant Strays Please Help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chele0909

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok so yesterday and today I gave Lily as much wet food as she wanted. I gave her a full can and she chowed it down like she's never eaten before (like she always does and then 1/2 an hour later she's right back at it trying to get my attention so I gave her another 1/2 can and she ate all if that (not quite as quickly but still chowed it down) directly after she sat at my feet meowing with her big 'ol "I love you" eyes so I gave her the other 1/2 of the 2nd can. This continued throughout the day by the end of the day she had eaten 7 full cans of wet food but hadn't touched the dry food. Today we are on can 5 already. I've been giving her the whole can all at once hoping it will satisfy her but she doesn't seem to be satisfied. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on mixing wet and dry food? I thought maybe if I mix 1/2 can of wet food with say 3-4 tablespoons of dry food it may fill her up and help me out here... In not a cheap person by any means but she has completely turned her nose up at dry food altogether and I feel like she's just spoiled. Not just that she chowed her little booty off yesterday every time she even looked at me funny I filled get bowl and she ate, yet when my hubby had his little bowl of ice cream last night she would not keep her head out if the bowl. He had to put her back down like 5 times because she was climbing the back of his recliner to sneak up over his shoulder. So how does everyone feel about mixing wet and dry food? And if so what ratio should be wet and what ratio should be dry? When I first learned shadow was pregnant I introduces her to wet food by mixing 1/3 of a can in with about 1/8 of a cup of dry food (close to 50/50) any suggestions?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sure, you can mix wet and dry.

She's not only hungry, she's enthralled by the food opportunities available.

She should slow down on her food needs once her metabolism slows down after she's spayed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chele0909

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh trust me the very second I can get her spayed she's going in. She's itching to get outside and sunny seems to be intrigued by the new female cat he's seen thru my sliding glass door. Hmmmm... Good thing shadow is in the basement... Poor thing doesn't need to see her boyfriend drooling over a younger cat. Smh... Lol

Last edited: