2 Litters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kerskitty16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's a beautiful cat! Her coloring is awesome!
Thank you I agree. I was actually surprised she ended up pregnant as I've always been told calicos are sterial. I won't be making that mistake with her 2 tricolor daughters! Her boys will be neutered so the Tom is less likely to run them off. Like I said plenty of mice to go around and cat food is cheaper then cleaning up dead mice and droppings.

Kerskitty16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Overnight 12 hr gains were not super impressive. But man later down and started feeding them as soon as I started weighing so these are empty belly weights.

White ears +3 =136
Negative raccoon +9 =142
White goggles +8 =148
Mole +4 =128
Black +1 =136

It was at about a week that I started noticing the size difference between the runt and the giant of the other litter. They are now over 100 grams different in weight but the runt is more active and "runs" better.

I won't worry too much as long as everyone keeps gaining. It does bug me that she isn't snuggling them but they do have a warming pad and she leaves them all in a heap so they are snuggling each other. I think she just doesn't know what to do and is too young.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hopefully, the gains will pick up some on the ones who are not gaining 6 grams a day. You can top them off with formula feedings 2-3 times a day if you'd like. They should ideally double their birth weights by the end of week one. :)

Kerskitty16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Quickshadow and babies.
20170519_073259.jpg

Yesterday day gains were good I just didn't know identities because mama was pissed at me for lockong her in the dog crate.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Male calicos are often sterile (and very rare), since in order to have both black and red a cat usually needs 2 X chromosomes, so the majority of male calicos are XXY which would make them unable to pass on their genes. But female calicos are very normal and very fertile ;).

She is so pretty! I love calicos, and especially longhairs.

The newer mama is pretty, too---a blue tabby. What color is the resident tom? He must not carry the dilute gene since none of the babies are dilute.

Kerskitty16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The newer mama is pretty, too---a blue tabby. What color is the resident tom? He must not carry the dilute gene since none of the babies are dilute.
I've only seen him once when her broke into my chicken coop to share the leftover meatballs I fed them. He was very scared and so just a blur. From what I could see he is completely black. The only thing I really noticed is his head and neck were the same size as his body. He is a big Tom and I know he could hurt my girls pretty easily. Thats why they hang out pretty close the house when they aren't hunting, lots of places to hid and still be able to escape.

Kerskitty16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well litter 1 (almost 4 weeks) is trying out solids. I have pulled the biggest of that litter out of the nursery box twice today and saw him pick something up and chew it (could have been spilled litter). So I put some of tonight's scrambled eggs and tuna on a plate on the floor. 1 decided to chew on dry food instead but ... growing up!

Kerskitty16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes rescuesbots is a cartoon spinoff from transformers. Quickshadow had 2 brother's that are no longer with us. My boys named them after the cybertronians on that show. Quickshadow is the only female transformer so by default.

Kerskitty16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So the kittens are growing on fits and starts. But if I average it out they seem to be doing fine (White ears only gained 5 grams in 24 hrs but was 10 grams heavier overnight and needing to eat breakfast). I still wish Quickshadow would pay more attention to them and less to the clubhouse kittens (litter1) but oh well she is keeping them alive and they are getting baths.

Thanks for all the help and support. And the concern from @talkingpeanut. We can disagree that is what makes this world great.

I have learned that people with indoor cats are saints. Even with only 2 using the litter box it still is a mess after only 1 day. I can not handle that long term. I will love you and pet you and feed you but I draw the line at scooping poop and per clumps everyday. My aunt had 6 indoor cats. She told me once she has 7 litter boxes. I understand why. You are better people them me!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people have litter genie or litter bots litter genie flushes like a toilet after each use and litter bot rotates and puts the dirty litter into a trey you just dump.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your boxes may be filled more right now because pregnant and nursing cats eat more and pee more.