2 Litters.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also i forgot to say, talkingpeanut talkingpeanut , I didn't feel judged until the 3rd time i was told that I have to keep my outdoor cats trapped and stressed to help them.

Also if kittens die when they are outside at less then a month old how is there an overpopulation of strays? I'm lucky litter 2 was born inside at all. Quickshadow didn't want to come in Tuesday night. I had to put down wet food to get her to come in.
We seem to have different philosophies. I would stress my cat over keeping her inside and make sure she was safe. That's my perspective.

There is an overpopulation issue because cats can have 3 litters per year and start having kittens when they are 6-7 months old. Many, many kittens and moms die.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
So you are ok with a potential abortion? I'm not trying to judge you or anything it's your pets not mine.

Fact is cats can become preggers very easily and breed like rabbits. You could be financially overwhelmed easily. As long as you are prepared for this.

I used to have barn cats when I was little and they would be neutered when the vet came to do the livestock. I even remember the little striped kitten I hand reared when I was little.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kerskitty16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We seem to have different philosophies. I would stress my cat over keeping her inside and make sure she was safe. That's my perspective.
You do know animals including cats and humans for that matter can die from stress. They have a job outside and are proud of the ability to do it well. They have both brought us "gifts" and wanted to share their bounty.

IndyJones IndyJones
Ok with = No but as you said they bread like rabbits and her health is important too. If I could give her birth control I would to prevent pregnancy until she is spayed. As I said her temperament won't allow being trapped so long. I dont want to lose her trust and have her avoid me, if she gets injured, because I didn't respect her now.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some old-school farm vets may be willing to give you some megestrol acetate for birth control. It seems like a lot of vets in the US don't know about it but some do and are willing. It's worth asking about anyway.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

For those offering help in this thread, please familiarise yourselves with this 'sticky':
Pregnant Cats & Kittens forum Code of Conduct - Read before you post!

in particular:

The focus of this forum is to assist those who may find themselves having to care for a pregnant cat or to hand-raise kittens NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCE UNDER WHICH THE CAT CAME TO BE PREGNANT.

Please do read over the Anne's post as a refresher for this forum.

Thank you for your co-operation. :)

Kerskitty16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So weights are looking good. The range tonight 12hrs since first weight is 124 - 140 grams. Quickshadow has since forgiven my and i got identity pics with the weights so I can track them individually. I will post pics and weights separately. I won't name them until I can sex them and make sure they survive the first week or so. For now they will be revered to by facial markings and shapes. My kids will name them later. The first litter is Mickey and friends.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm laughing at 'negative racoon'.
Good news on the weights. :)

Kerskitty16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Adorable! Quickshadow is a great name too.
She is a Rescuebot. I have 3 boys! I guess I don't have her picture. I'll get one in the morning. She is gray with stripes on her face and legs.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I know they were just born this morning. Are they gaining weight or at least not losing?

They look nice and healthy! :)

Kerskitty16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is Mother 1 Cali trying desperately to keep her babies Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, and Minnie from exploring the "big scary world". This evening she relaxed and even tried to get them to follow her back to their porch. They had no clue what she wanted so I put them back in the cat carrier and she led the way for me to return them.
20170517_122420.jpg

Kerskitty16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know they were just born this morning. Are they gaining weight or at least not losing?

They look nice and healthy! :)
They are over 36 hrs old now. The while group range went up about 6 grams in 12 hrs. Quickshadow was trying to steal them back this morning so I put all the kittens in a bowl on my kitchen scale and took tare weights quickly as I returned each one. I have since been forgiven.

Kerskitty16

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww, I love this picture of mama with all her babies! :lovecat2:
I love how she uses her "hands". She is now thinking she messed up by not moving them "cat style." She can't figure out how to pick them up! They are getting big and her mouth just isn't coordinated enough. They do curl properly when I pinch the skin to lift them and they lay down and wait for her when she tries. She is just going to have to teach them to be a good little choo choo train.