2 babies abandoned...just some questions

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can use water if you want. It didn't get soft because you didn't use enough KMR. You really have to soak it and let it sit for awhile - almost like a bowl of cereal. Mine are 5 months old and still love it softened with KMR :).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara715

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i think I'll use water. I'm on a very limited budget and these piggies are drinking about 20mL per feeding...that's after eating mush with KMR.

Now on to my daughter; she is about to drive me nuts! Can I hold her. I wanna hold her. They are so cute I just want to hold her. I want to let her spend time with them, but I feel like they are going to get annoyed with her and end up not wanting to be around her at all. That and she's attached to one and not the other - I'm all about not choosing favorites even with animals lik

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's normal for her to be fascinated with these adorable little kittens :).

She can certainly hold them under your supervision, but they are not suitable playmates and need to be handled gently and for very brief times. They are still very fragile.

Explain to her that when she picks a favorite it hurts the other kitten's feelings, so she needs to love them both the same ;).

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you can give your daughter a 'chore' to help with the kittens.  Like making sure there is always water in the dish or refilling the kitten chow.

tara715

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh she helps, she has to or they will be given away for sure. She is 4 and doesn't understand that even animals don't have to do something just because she wants them to. She is also non-stop and always has been so EVERY. TIME. she wants to check on them or play with them or hold them or anything she feels the need to tell me about it and I just don't want to hear it lol. I know, that's horrible, but oiy! my ears hurt!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she's a typical precocious four-year-old who needs a play date with another little girl ;).

Is she starting preschool soon? That might help.

I remember that age. Mine is 18 now, but was always precocious. It can be challenging! :)

tara715

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she's a typical precocious four-year-old who needs a play date with another little girl

Is she starting preschool soon? That might help.

I remember that age. Mine is 18 now, but was always precocious. It can be challenging!
She needs a playdate about as much as I need a bath...she has them all the time.

She starts T-K next Wednesday. She's been in preschool since she was 2 - I was a teacher there. I could handle 24 children that were not mine waaaaaaaaaaay better than my 1! lol

tara715

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now I'M starting to drive me nuts! lol Should they still be wanting to eat every 3 hours? I would say they aren't getting enough with each feeding but they eat until they just refuse the bottle/mush...I asked this question before but at what point do you know they are meowing from hunger or just for attention? They LOVE being loved on.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Every 3 hours is still necessary when they are this little. They may not need their bottle anymore though.

If they are full then they just want comfort since they have no mom. I see who's in control here ;).

tara715

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm trying lol. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm sitting here typing and I hear my daughter say - the black one weighs 38 pounds! I'm dying laughing.

I gave the KMR on a small plate, there isn't much drinking but lots of bubble blowing lol. I would bottle feed them forever if I could...I just love the sound of a baby suckling a bottle - any baby!

Well if every 3 hours is normal, then it's time.

Thanks again for all of the speedy and understanding responses. I appreciate it so much!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I appreciate your good humor with all of this!

This too shall pass :).

tara715

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Jesus for small favors!!
If I can't laugh or love, I have nothing!!

tara715

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ALL of you are FIRED!! Lol Nobody ever mentioned that clumping cat litter is the devil! How in the world do I get this demon mess off of my babies paws? I have tried and tried and tried and nothing. I feel like a meanie b/c they get down right angry lol. HEEELLLLPPPPPP!!!!!

tara715

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh of course it is lol. That's how awesome I am!! Lol

fostersrule

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ah I hate that stuff. Blue buffalo has a walnut based litter that I really like.
I read that crisco might work. Someone suggested it in another thread. Keep it on for around 10 minutes then wipe it off with a warm dry towel

tara715

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah I hate that stuff. Blue buffalo has a walnut based litter that I really like.
I read that crisco might work. Someone suggested it in another thread. Keep it on for around 10 minutes then wipe it off with a warm dry towel
I would love to know how somebody nb                         4444444444444444444444444444444444444444rtfffffffffffffffffffy666666666yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy6445555555555555544444444444 (Sophia says hello...)

anybody has succeeded in keeping anything on, around, under, etc a 4.5 week old kitten. I am willing to try though lol