Question of the Day - Tuesday, May 7

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid, blue jeans with the cuffs rolled up at least twice- cowboy style- was the 'cool' look, but in the '50s and early '60s, cool was a relative thing.

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Black and white plaid bell bottoms. :rolleyes: I think I was the only teen that thought they were cool looking.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was in high school in the early seventies so the cool look was the hippie look. I had a couple of maxi dresses, peasant blouses and of course wire rim glasses.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Elementary cool was jelly shoes; bonus if you wore a different color on each foot.

Middle school cool was red or green plaid skirts. But you had to coordinate that with your friends so you wouldn’t be the only one wearing a skirt; but also not in the same color skirt!!

High school was those 2 color tops from Old Navy. And those faux handkerchief things to tie on your head without having to use a whole handkerchief. And peasant tops.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was so not cool, either as a kid or now.
Same here, but I remember stealing my older sisters pre-teen magazines to see what the "styles" were. Poofy permed 80's hair, teased up bangs, shoulder pads and/or hammer pants. Yikes. :lol:
I do remember wearing a very well done home made Poodle skirt (my Mom and Grandma made them!) during spirit week a few times with saddle shoes, complete with the high pony tail look. For one day a year, I was "kind of" cool.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Elementary cool was jelly shoes; bonus if you wore a different color on each foot.

Middle school cool was red or green plaid skirts. But you had to coordinate that with your friends so you wouldn’t be the only one wearing a skirt; but also not in the same color skirt!!

High school was those 2 color tops from Old Navy. And those faux handkerchief things to tie on your head without having to use a whole handkerchief. And peasant tops.
Oh, those jelly shoes hurt my feet!!!
Do you remember those slap bracelets?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never tried to be cool with my clothes because I definitely was never cool. I don't think I really cared all that much about being cool either.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was never cool, very neurodivergent, tried a bit but didn't care enough to be bothered, ultimately.

I tried jelly shoes but they gave me blisters, and I did wear very large-framed plastic glasses in the late '80s/early '90s but that's just because that was what the eyeglass store sold.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those parachute pants, jelly shoes, jams Hawaiian shorts, banana hair clips, double layers of slouch socks, suspenders, stirrup pants

tanuunibiwa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was too shy to care about what was cool, but I dressed similarly to my classmates because I didn't want to stick out like a sore thumb.