YOWZER!!!! I cut my thumb very badly~~

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

Sure, Susie. It took some doing, but I managed to press the remote control on the camera with my thumb. Do ya see it????
Perfect E!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, poor thumb, how awful!
ok, Eddie, forgive the nurse in me having to ask, are you taking proper care of your injury?
Should you see your Dr., have you cleaned it thoroughly, applied Neosporin and a bandage? I know you are able to monitor your wound for any s/s of infection, but the question is, will you? You tend to take care of everyone but yourself, so I ask, if this was my thumb, what would you recommend that I do? Do I need stitches, perhaps an antibiotic? Is your Tetanus vaccination up to date? Now that I've got that out of my system...
Sierra says she'll kiss it, and make it better!

I know just what you mean. Often, it's not until you lose function of a particular body part of sense that you realize how very much you use it! I voted for smell. My sense of smell isn't very good anyway. Sometimes I can't smell at all, yet other times I can detect the faintest smell. Next would be hearing, although I would miss the sound of my baby girl's voice, the sound of the ocean, and things of the sort. It would also interfere with my work since I would not be able to fully assess my patients. I would rather not do without the other options. Actually, guess I'd prefer to hang on to all of them! Thank you for the opportunity to ponder this today, E!

Please take care of my dear friend's thumb!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stephanie, you do bring something up I need to think about...I think my tetanus shot is up to date...but I can get that checked. So far the red stripes down my hand have started to fade just a bit (where the blood is coagulating, is that how you spell it?) and the pain has lessened a lot. I have no hx of staff or anything, so it just didn't occur to me about tetanus, good point. I will check on it.

That is, if I can get up from my traction... just kidding, just a dork as usual.

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm in my early 20's and already have hearing aids (since 6 years old) and glasses (past few years), I don't wanna lose anything else!

I think I could manage without a thumb though.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got a PM from somebody asking me what a "toochie" is....and if it was sounding the way they thought it would be...then they didn't want to lose theirs!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

I just got a PM from somebody asking me what a "toochie" is....and if it was sounding the way they thought it would be...then they didn't want to lose theirs!
Maybe you should spell it "toushie"?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My "toochie" well I can stand to lose part of it. There are other parts are could do without-that roll around my waist and under my boobs and yes smaller boobs would be ok too!!

Is there a workman's comp claim in the works?????
You better take some time off so you don't aggravate it

Take care!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that goes that idea-maybe Eric could pamper you..........bon bons and flowers!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
E~ my stomach went all shivery when i read what you did

I voted that i'd hate to lose my sight. I wouldn't be able to see my babies!!!

OR READ TCS!!

Aww rats i've read it wrong!!. Can i scrap the above and change my vote to smell

mistys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
sorry that you have cut your thumb, hope that it heals well. HOpe you have some one to do the dishes for you tonight.I voted for the teeth because i could get a plate made.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

Oh Good Grief, Elizabeth! You left that WIDE OPEN for someone like Ryan to answer!

Sorry about your thumb
Did I ever miss this thread.
Okay let's see... the body part that I would have the hardest time giving up would be...

Originally Posted by captiva

Oh, I didn't see the poll
Good thing you have choices
...Oh yeah the poll... You're safe Chris. Tell us what you thought I was going to post.
I took the easy way out and chose my two front teeth. Then I could get dentures and do my best with them. Sorry to hear about your thumb Eddie. So... what were you cutting when you sliced your thumb? I'm surprised no one else asked that yet. Let me guess... a tomato?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry about the hurt Elizabeth!
Hope it gets healed quick!

I didn't vote! It wasn't me who sent you the PM, so I'm asking now WHAT IS A TOOCHIE?????

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Sorry about the hurt Elizabeth!
Hope it gets healed quick!

I didn't vote! It wasn't me who sent you the PM, so I'm asking now WHAT IS A TOOCHIE?????
That's slang for "bum".
I think it's supposed to be spelled "tushy", but what would I know?

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys just crack me up!

Ryan, it was a freak accident, I got cut on a hot bobby pin, if yoiu can imagine. I have long hair and once ro twice a week I blow it out and put it in hot rollers but I use a bobby pin underneath the roller to secure them, so I don't end up looking like Phyllis Diller or something (I'm not sure it's helped
) so I was sliding the pin out from underneath the roller and the little plastic tip at the top of the pin came off which just left the metal or whatever it is underneath....and that sliced through me thumb in a fraction of a second really, really deep. The pin was hot from the heat of the rollers so I guess the skin cut fast and opened up. It was a very weird accident!