You're scared of WHAT?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're all afraid of the vacuum.. nothing new.

Tiger is scared of soda... when you open it, he freaks out and runs.

The cat brats aren't afraid of much

Tonka used to be afraid of DH's guitar
But now he actually likes to hear him playing

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That rocks! I would so torture him whenever I had ice cream cones

A roommate I had in college, her cat was afraid of my leopard print purse. I would chase him all over the apartment with that thing

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL!!!!! Okay my Aunts cat is completly terrified of flip flops. You take them off anywhere near her and she puffs up and hauls rear away from them, it is soooooo funny.

Little kitty just hates my dad. And she does not like little people (kids). . . .She is funny.

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Simon is scared of the snail-shaped rug from IKEA that we have in our dining room! We had it in the bathroom, but our old kitty Wick liked it in the dining room so we moved it out there for her. Simon had never really noticed it before but he was scratching on his post outside the kitchen and I was eating at the table with one foot on the rug and accidentally my foot slipped and the rug shifted toward him. He jumped about 2 feet in the air! I did it a few more times just to see what would happen and he jumped every time! So cute and funny

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been reading this thread but haven't had anything to add as Riley doesn't seem to be afraid of anything, lol.

I'm sure something will come along though. The ice cream cone is just too funny

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amadeus is terrified of the (surprise!) vacuum. When I'm done running it (it's not even that loud, I think it's just the size of it) I have to go in the closet and move the hanging clothes out of the way and pet his wide-eyed cute self and comfort him so he'll come out. Yet he'll lay on it when it's dormant...

Both my guys are afraid of sudden movement and noises. They're not crazy about when I put a new trash bag in the can. They are afraid of sudden "blanket noises." When I adjust my feet or something in bed, they take off. And whenever someone knocks on the door they go running into the bedroom to hide for a moment.

Sebastian is afraid of (or he acts like it) the water bowl. He'll sneak up on it really slowly, stick his paw out really slowly like it's a hot burner, and all of a sudden smack it with all of his might and jump back. It's hilarious.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
These stories are just too funny

Sneaky Pie doesn't like the vaccuum. Nor does she like the coffee grinder. If she is in the kitchen and we put it on, she will RUN out of the room.

Mistoflees doesn't care about the vaccuum. I can run it right next to him and he won't move

Though he doesn't like loud noises and strange people. Last year we replaced the windows on our house. The workers were going around the house taking off the old storm windows, taking old ones out etc. Just making a ton of noise. I couldn't find Mistoflees anywhere, I thought he was hiding in the backyard. I went into our bedroom, and heard this pitiful meow from under the bed. Poor Mistoflees had been hiding under there. And he was scared b/c there were strange people in his house.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well, I found out what Posedon is afraid of!!! ME!!!! I was outside last night with the dog and I reached up to scratch at the screen because Electra is usually up there yelling at me, but his time Posey appeared. I said "hi Po-Po!!" and scratched the screen again- apparently that freaked him out so bad he leaped off the table in front of the window, knocking over my oscillating fan and half the stuff off my coffee table

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just an update....

It wasn't a one-off thing. She really is scared of ice cream cones.
I had another one last night, and it's a good thing it wasn't a ball of ice cream on the top because she smacked it good! We've GOT to get pictures of this!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is too funny. Oreo cracks me up cause she is scared of magnifying glasses. I kid you not. If there is one lying on the floor (because of a kid not putting it up) she gets freaked out and will crotch and run away with her belly scraping the floor. Don't you know that magnifying glasses are dangerous
?

Tosh is afraid of change.
He walks into a room and say you put a magazine on the floor, he freaks out and will crotch and try to bap it with his paw.
There is something wrong with that cat.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh all these stories are just toooooo funny!

My girls are both afraid of Mylar baloons. Mooch will bat at latex ones, but Noodles doesn't really care for those ones either. Sometimes Mooch will bat at one long enough and then Noodles is ok with it.

Both don't like the vacuum cleaner either. I always try to warn them when I'm getting it out and tell them to go hide in their bathroom, but they seem to want to wait to run till I've started it.

Mooch is afraid of the cat dancer! I think it's because Noodles turns into some crazy wild thing whenever it comes out.

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Just an update....

It wasn't a one-off thing. She really is scared of ice cream cones.
I had another one last night, and it's a good thing it wasn't a ball of ice cream on the top because she smacked it good! We've GOT to get pictures of this!
ROFL that is so hysterical! Man I love cats.

My mom's cat Athos is afraid of all food that doesn't magically appear in his food bowl. Absolutely EVERYTHING, even yummy chicken bits or meat nibblets or what have you....we put it on the floor and he gets barely close enough to sniff it before freaking out and running. Food is dangerous!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sibohan is affraid that the water in the shower is going to kill me because she sits outside the shower and meows for reassurance I have to keep saying "it's okay honey" thoughout my shower.
She is also terrified of the noise the katsup bottle makes when it's almost empty, you know that *PPPpptttttssss* or farting noise.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

Sibohan is affraid that the water in the shower is going to kill me because she sits outside the shower and meows for reassurance I have to keep saying "it's okay honey" thoughout my shower.
Petunia actually got so scared when she was in the bathroom while i took a shower, that she peed on the floor. I talked to her throughout the whole shower and she still peed. Since then, the shower seems to be ok. She's very strange. I found out yesterday that Pepper is afraid of the repairman. He loves everyone else that comes to my aparment, but the repairman is apparently terrifying.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Plastic grocery bags -- or more particularly the act of rolling them up for storage. They hate the noise, and I have to remember not to do it in their presence, unless I want cats squirting all over the place.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chynna isn't scared of anything that I can think of. Not even the vacuum or getting stuck in a crinkly plastic bag! She's a very easy going cat and takes things as they come without panicking

Abby on the other hand... well! I think the list would be shorter if you had asked "What aren't your cats afraid of!"