You're scared of WHAT?

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miagi and Tiger are both scared of those catnip bubbles.
and they are scared of those balls with bells if they are really big.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi - That's too funny!
As you can see George (2nd) was a little freaked out by the lei.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Hey Heidi: I just told my DH your story of Mojo and the ice cream then asked him if Koko was afraid on anything. His response: "Bears?"

Y'know, I'll bet it's the cold that scared him! Maybe he could feel the chill of it even without touching it...?

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh Heidi, that's too funny. Bailey is afraid of the vaccuum. Just getting it out of the closet makes him arch and hiss!
Yasmine is the same way. I pull it out and she BOLTS!!!!!!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Calamity is scared of my bare feet. If Im not wearing socks on my feet she will not come in the same room as me and if I take my socks off while shes in the room she flips out trying to get as far away as possible.

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Layla is scared of my flip flops! Everytime I put a pair on her tail puffs up and she attacks!
She is so cute, and she also hate paint brushes, she almost ruined a school project by smacking a fully loaded brush out of my hand...

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Mojo! How dare you attack her with that evil ice cream!!

Tailer is afraid of balloons. If there's one in the house, he'll go waaayyyy out of his way to avoid being near it.

Forest is terrified of the tape measure and milk rings.
I haven't a clue why, but when you take the tape measure out he'll fall all over himself tearing out of the room. If you toss a milk ring on the floor, he acts like you've just thrown a hand grenade at him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Hey Heidi: I just told my DH your story of Mojo and the ice cream then asked him if Koko was afraid on anything. His response: "Bears?"

Hmmm... could be bears.
Maybe you should try an ice cream cone!

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Y'know, I'll bet it's the cold that scared him! Maybe he could feel the chill of it even without touching it...?
I don't think it was the cold because she'll try to dive right into a bowl of ice cream.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sho is scared of anything dark that's out of place, say the tv remote fell on the floor. He'll creep up to it with his eyes all big. ...of course it doesn't help that I like to poke him from behind when he does stuff like this.

He's also afraid of tiny kittens. He can hear them meow but they don't even remotely look like a cat to him.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a hilarious story back from Nikita got petrified of underpants I wrote it up on my blog ages ago. Here it is:

Now I had a couple, two friends of mine, crashing at my flat for a few days. Late one night the male half of the relationship went to have a shower. Not really anything to write home about except that there is around an inch gap between the bathroom door and the floor.

Nikita engaged stalker mode pretty much immediately and was trying to follow what was going on behind the door. There were mysterious shadows and sounds coming through the gap.

Then! A ha! Prey!! The subject in the bathroom had apparently dropped his clothes off close to the door when shedding before showering. A nimble cat paw sneaked under the door and managed to claw at a piece of clothing and dragged it half way through the gap under the door. I started giggling because the clothing she'd picked was the poor guy's underpants. I don't think she was expecting any results at all in getting her prey from the other side of the door because she freaked out and ran off into the safety of the living room before then stalking veeeery slowly back to the door, slinking with belly to the ground. Then a safe distance away she reached out one paw (still ready to bolt if there was any movement from the potentially cat eating underpants) and then boxed the underpants madly in a fashion similar to cats trying to kill bees without being stung. She immediately shrunk back after the initial assault to see if the underpants were dead or if she'd just made them angry.

They offending piece of clothing stayed perfectly still. Probably trying to trick her into loosing her guard. So she sneaked back again, one paw stretched out, trying to keep her body as far away as possible and with a herculean effort pulled them all the way through the gap under the door. Oh NO! they were much bigger than she'd thought so she darted off again, hiding behind her cat tree for a short while to assess the situation. Then she went and attacked them yet again (I was giggling madly by now, could barely breathe) and pounced on them and threw them up in the air and they swung in a big majestic arc and landed just beside her scratching post.

This really freaked her out and she ran off into the living room again. I was helpless with laughter now but she'd had enough and just kept a careful eye on the offending underpants. Not daring to go near the weirdly smelling garment.

Then there was further amusement explaining to the poor sod in the shower why his underpants had vanished and exactly what had happend.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

I can't believe I forgot to mention bubbles. I remember buying them thinking it was a great idea, and the cats ran and hid.
Mine, too. They really DON'T like the bubbles.
Ended up giving them away. Oh, well...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harley is afraid of balloons too!
And those catnip bubbles...

Poor Mojo afraid of that terrifying ice cream cone!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is soooo funny!!!!
Scared of an ice cream cone???

Lets see.......

Kojak- he's scared of my betta fish, Blue Tattoo- he LOVES to sit in the sink in the guest bathroom and put his nose right up to blue tattoo's tank (it's a gallon corner tank). When the fishy gets ticked off - he will flare his fins at Kojak- and it freaks Kojak out
He gets out of that sink as fast as he can and he high tails it out of there

Jasmine - i'm not sure what she's scared of....i think she's scared that she's going to starve to death or miss a meal (that doesn't happen
)

Isabella- she's scared of everything - she's my little scardie cat
we try to make her as comfortable as possible.

Velvet- she's not scared of anything i don't think- but she sure does enjoy putting the fear of God in Whiskey when he tries to chase here
It's like they switch places with they typical "dog chase cat" scenario- and Velvet goes after him when he aggervates her. She keeps them in line

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

What silly things have scared your kitties?
i was putting on my makeup last week, & the kitten reflection in my hand mirror scared Firefox. mind you, she doesn't mind her reflection in the big, full-length mirror in the hall....

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Seriously I could not stop laughing at Mojo tonight!

We got some of those frozen ice-cream sundae cones. I was eating a vanilla one, had eaten all of the chocolate coating off and thought I would share. (Yes, I know where else they lick...don't care. They're cute and that must sanitize them.
)

First I offered it to Trent, who does NOT like people food. Well, except for vanilla ice cream, apparently.
He was going to town on it! Ssssooooo cute!

Then Mojo comes over. She's a total piglet, and most of the time doesn't even sniff before she starts eating something.
If it's not food, she figures it out when she's chewing it and spits it out.
Yes, we do have to watch her like hawks. Anyway, she comes over and I offer her the ice cream end of the cone. She flinched. I kid you not. I thought maybe I came at her too fast with it, so I offered it slower for her. She cowered and backed away from it!
What the heck is wrong with you, kitty? It's FOOD! I offered it to her one more time and she SMACKED MY ICE CREAM CONE!!! OMG I about fell over I was laughing so hard!

What silly things have scared your kitties?
OMG...... Now that sentence is going in my next sig. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Too true, that's exactly what I say. I share things bite for bite with them sometimes (not sweets--but approved veggies, fruits, cheeses, and cooked-but-not-seasoned meats are a big hit), let them lick my face, and hold bits of kibble in my lips for Chili to nab.

I found out all my kitties HATE soda.... they are terrified of it. If I open the cans now they go running.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I brought a dry leaf in once and Popsie sniffed it and took off. I tried to get him to play with it but he was too afraid.