Your name...do you like it?

purefusion

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've always really liked my name. No one else in my class was named Carolyn until 4th grade and she went by Carrie. My mom actually asked me before I entered kindergarten if I wanted a nickname and I said, "No, I like my name." the only problems I've had were the constant calling me Caroline or spelling my name that way. [My aunt spelled my name that way until two years ago when I was 25. I think my mom finally wrote her specifically mentioning the issue. I remember having temper tantrums because her Christmas gift to me was addressed to someone who didn't exist.]. I hate that name, it's so harsh with the hard "line" syllable. I really can't stand it. Carolyn is so much smoother on the tongue. At one point I introduced my self as Cara Lynn so my new friend would get the hint, but then she thought my name was Cara and that's what she called me from then on. Sometimes you just can't win. I was named after my great grandmother Carolina. My dad changed it to Carolyn and I'm glad he did!

What's funny is that my now husband had never heard the name before he met me and then his cousin started dating someone also named Carolyn. Carolyn Stalker, in fact when my name is/was Carolyn Walker. He, he. We both got married so now there's two Carolyn's in his family. Funny stuff.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name is Keysha and I've always loved it! I think its a very pretty name. I've never met another Keysha that spelled hers the same as mine, and I've not met that many Keyshas either. The only thing that bothered me growing up was getting people to spell it right. You wouldn't believe the wacky ways people would spell it!!

I'm like "you spell it just like it sounds Key-sha".

auntsewissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Over all, I like my name. It's rather long though, and my middle name is ridiculous. You ready?

Cerissa Halfacre Morrissette

Middle name is my mom's maiden name. I never did change my last name when I married. My first name was a perfume my parents saw when she was pregnant. In the 70's you didn't get sonograms to know the gender, they just hoped for a girl so they could use the name. You can still find the perfume on ebay!