Your feedback about TCS required HERE!

nekokaasan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I joined TCS because when I adopted the boys, I somehow morphed into this crazy cat lady, and I wanted to discuss my love of kitties with likeminded folks. For some reason, the people at work get tired of seeing my kitty pictures, day after day...
hehe

I would love to subscribe but I just can't afford it right now, even the three month. Maybe in the future I might be able to swing it.

The only thing I'd ask for is a chat room, like some of the others have suggested.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I ran upon TCS by searching one day and I have never left. I read almost every day, but don't always post. If I ever have a question, I know I can always find the answer here. TCS is the most informative site I have ever read. You know that you can always get help here if you need it. I could never say enough Good things about TCS. The site has helped me out a great deal with my Kits. It is just a wonderful site. And I am glad that I am a part of it.

Okay, with that being said, I too, would like to see a Chat Room as others have mentioned.

As far as the premium service, I am on a fixed income and I just cannot afford it right now. But, I would love to join some day!

Paulena

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anne

I need your help with brainstorming some... I want ideas and thoughts - go wild on me!

1. What do you like best about TCS right now? if you could, what would you add or change?

2. What do you think can be added to the premium memberships that might make you upgrade to one? (if you're already a premium member, check out my new thread in the premium lounge).

Thank you! Feel free to PM me with answers, if you want to keep ideas or thoughts private.
1. I like the 'community' here. If I had a kid, I'd feel safe letting them learn on here. I like that there is no flaming or any of that nasty stuff. I also like the quality information available. I've learned a ton from just reading on this site.
2. I'm honestly not sure what could be added right now. I"ll have to think on it.

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. What do you like best about TCS right now? if you could, what would you add or change?

I like TCS the way it is, except that the time limitation on the levels that prevents you from changing your icon and other features....I hit the post numbers but I haven't been here long enough.

2. What do you think can be added to the premium memberships that might make you upgrade to one? (if you're already a premium member, check out my new thread in the premium lounge).

I am not 100% sure what it means to have a premium membership or how much it costs (not that I can afford to spend any money anyways).

So I'm not sure on that one.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ButterflyDream

I like TCS the way it is, except that the time limitation on the levels that prevents you from changing your icon and other features....I hit the post numbers but I haven't been here long enough.
You have to look at this a bit differently... if the time limitations weren't in place, the board would be spammed full with the chit chat of people eager to have the new features or to post in IMO. We wouldn't be able to keep up with all the threads

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
one more thing i'd like to see (sorry) is the depth of subforms displayed increased. as it is, you have to click the lounge first if you want to get to fur pictures. you can enable it in the admin options so that subforums are displayed as a link on the main forum index, so that it only takes one click to get to subforums, instead of two. might not sound like a big thing, but as someone who goes to "fur pictures" a lot, it would be easier if we could just click a link and go to that forum, instead of having to click through the lounge first every time.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise

I need your help with brainstorming some... I want ideas and thoughts - go wild on me!

Thank you! Feel free to PM me with answers, if you want to keep ideas or thoughts private.
Since I'm so new to the website, I'm still trying to "get around". This website offers SO much, I've only "scratched" the surface of all that is available.

Like so many others, I was in need of "emergency information", I was about to become a first time multi-cat mommy, and boy, did I need advice and help!

This site provided that help. I like the different subject segments, the way you have the control panel set up for each new member, the ability to be an individual, yet part of a family of very caring folks that are brought together by one common interest - CATS!

I'm afraid I don't have much else to offer at this time because everything is so new to me - so, I'm not at the point that I feel I need more.

Anne, I think that I'd be willing to make a small donation from time to time that would help you support what you are doing here, but - we're living on "retirement" funds, and commiting to membership "dues" wouldn't be an option for me.

OK, I've gotta get back to discovering more about the site so that I can "get around" better, and hopefully, be able to be a productive member like the example of so many others here.

Kind regards,
Gloria

P.S. How about a spell check for these messages

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

You have to look at this a bit differently... if the time limitations weren't in place, the board would be spammed full with the chit chat of people eager to have the new features or to post in IMO. We wouldn't be able to keep up with all the threads
I gotcha, I didn't understand the why.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

ive been on a few different cat forums, and none of them really felt like "home" to me til this one. i think tis a nice balance of moderation, but also letting people debate. its a fine line sometimes. if you never allow any disagreements it can get pretty boring and...gah can't think of the phrase. hopefully you know what i mean. on the other hand, without the right amount of moderation, things can get really ugly - ive seen it on other boards. i think this board has the perfect balance.

i don't buy a premium membership because i think 60 dollars is a lot of money for one year, and i can't see what i'd actually be spending the 60 FOR. i don't mean that in a negative way at all - love this place and the people here, but i'm just being honest. 60 is a lot for a year membership at a forum. if it were 20 dollars i would definately join..if it were 30 i'd probably think bout it for a bit, and then join. but i think 60 is too much.

perhaps you could have different levels of premium memberships? there must be others like me who'd be willing to pay 20 or 30 but no more. it could be a graduated system of "perks" for the different levels. free accounts get 50 pms, 20 dollar accounts get 150, 30 dollar accounts get 300, 60 dollar accounts get 500... ect ect. and of course, a scale like that with the other premium benefits as well.

as a vbulletin admin, i run two boards myself and really enjoy making custom vbulletin styles.. i'd love to make a style for this board - not for profit, just to be able to use on the board and see other members use. maybe a style making competition? tho i dont know if anyone else here knows how to make vb styles - if not it would be kind of pointless to have a contest, i suppose :p

i dont see myself leaving here anytime soon. i like the people here. i've learned a lot here.. always thought of myself as someone who knew a lot about cats, but i found out that i didn't know quite as much as i thought i did :p i came here during a cat crisis and peoples advice helped a lot.

i love the pictures forum

ETA: when VB 3.6 comes out, i would love to see you guys upgrade to the latest version. it's got lots of great features, including multi-quote, which allows you to quote multiple people at the same time..just go thru a thread, click a box next to each post you'd like to quote, then when you hit reply, each post is neatly quoted in the reply box already for you to respond to. so convenient in busy threads when you want to reply to like, five people...
Yup, we are about to upgrade soon enough! And we'll have or the new thingies in place
I noticed quite a few nifty new options, going to take a while to get used to probably.

As for forum styles, my problem will be with integrating the current advertising hacks and ads. Also, as you mentioned, not many people here who have access to a VB ACP to work on styles

I appreciate your feedback about pricing. I am looking into a layered membership plan, I just don't want to get it too confusing, so not sure there. Thanks all the same for bringing it up

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Just went through the whole thread and wanted to thank everyone once again!

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Yup, we are about to upgrade soon enough! And we'll have or the new thingies in place
I noticed quite a few nifty new options, going to take a while to get used to probably.
good to know

As for forum styles, my problem will be with integrating the current advertising hacks and ads. Also, as you mentioned, not many people here who have access to a VB ACP to work on styles
true true...if you ever want some new styles made for this place tho, just holler

I appreciate your feedback about pricing. I am looking into a layered membership plan, I just don't want to get it too confusing, so not sure there. Thanks all the same for bringing it up
cool.. like i said, i would definately buy a 20 dollar membership if you had that option

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just remember the one thing that would make this site perfect........
Free chocoate droping out of the computer every time you log in>

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

Do you know how many chocoholics there ARE on this site?? That would hike the price of a membership to something none of us could afford

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Do you know how many chocoholics there ARE on this site?? That would hike the price of a membership to something none of us could afford
Tis' True

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

truffles for all

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Just a tip about PayPal for those who don't have credit cards. In some countries, you can make a payment to your PayPal account by direct debit, or a credit transfer, also (I've used all three options). Check out your country's PayPal website to see if it's possible there.
I just thought I'd add that I recently subscribed to TCS for the third time, because I feel that I should do something for a site that provides so much advice, enjoyment, and entertainment.

sandra

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont think that anything needs to be changed it is perfect the way it is
... TCS is a very informative website for all catlovers and should be required reading for anyone who owns a cat or wants to own a cat. I just wish I could be here more often

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have anything constructive to say but I love this site because I'm not made to feel odd for keeping my cats indoors!
Although it's becoming more popular in England, most cats are still allowed outside and a lot of people think I'm very odd (or cruel) for keeping mine indoors.

I've learnt loads since joining here - esp about nutrition.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it would be lovely if you added a chat room for all members. I know there are soooo many members who struggle financially that can't afford a premium membership- so i think it would be nice to make something that both normal TCS members and premium members can use harmoniously. Everyone is constantly comming up with good ideas and posts, i think they would be even more effective with a chat room- especially for people who are new and are having an emergency or need advice very quickly.

Oh and did i mention- some kind of program on TCS that lets you post a picture and it automatically resizes it within TCS regulation standarts- that would be awesome!!!

Keep up the awesome work! I'm addicted to TCS!!! This is by far my favorite website on the net.