Your feedback about TCS required HERE!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I need your help with brainstorming some... I want ideas and thoughts - go wild on me!

1. What do you like best about TCS right now? if you could, what would you add or change?

2. What do you think can be added to the premium memberships that might make you upgrade to one? (if you're already a premium member, check out my new thread in the premium lounge).

Thank you! Feel free to PM me with answers, if you want to keep ideas or thoughts private.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a. I like the quality of the information - both in terms of the articles and in the advice suggested by members in the forums.
b. I like the atmosphere - the Cat Site is different from any other forum I've ever been on in terms of atmosphere and group dynamic. No forum can achieve perfect harmony, of course, but the Cat Site at least is not nasty.
c. I like the non-educational aspects of the site, too - the Lounge for it's often playful threads and fur pics (for obvious reasons), but especially the Paws and Reflect and Crossing the Bridge areas, because they fulfil a special and profound niche in our hearts.

a. The main reason I don't have a premium membership is to do with short funds on my end, and nothing to do with the site. I anticipate getting a premium membership when that situation resolves itself.
b. Having said that, that is mostly to support the Cat Site, not because I'm particularly impressed by the subscribtion service - the most valuable parts of the site are, and because of the Cat Site's eduational mission, probably would have to remain, free.
c. The ads on the Cat Site are very useful and relevant, so there is less incentive to sign up because of their annoyness - they aren't.

Those are my thoughts for the moment. If I can think of anything that you could offer that I would find especially tempting, I will post again.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 - I like the overall quality of information. TCS isn't just focused on cat behaviour or just care. Like Satai said, I think the atmosphere is wonderful here, especially since there are areas like the Lounge and IMO.
The only thing I would change is when a user receives a new PM from another member. When you click OK to read, Internet Explorer displays the pop-up blocker message. I think when you click OK, you should just be taken right to the Inbox of the PMs. Sorry, I don't really want to disable my pop-up blocker.

2 - I don't have a premium membership, mainly due to lack of funds. Heck I need to join a gym, but can't afford to!
Maybe run a special such as sign up for the first year at $40 instead of the $65 (or whatever the membership fee is) or test a premium at 1 week for free. Sure you take a beating, but if you want to see the premiums would improve this is how. It's one thing to talk about what the premium membership can offer, its totally different when the users get to experience it.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined because, like so many, I needed health information in a hurry, but I stayed because of the great atmosphere of the site and the friends I have made. It is still wonderful when I have a cat problem of any sort to be able to search and find something relevant and helpful, but that is not why I log on every day. I love to feel there are people out there like me, who don't feel I am crazy talking about my cats, and I like to learn about the different ways people care for their cats around the world - one can always find an idea that might be worth looking into. And of course, as one gets more comfortable with the site, we can exchange personal information and problems too, and know there is a sympathetic ear.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like black on yellow. A simple black on white would be more than sufficient.

I like TCS because it is a really busy forum and someone is always ready to post a response.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do I love TCS? I love it becasue of the people. They are knowledgable and kind. TCS is a great family to have. I don't know that I would change anything about it. I like the forums the best though.

To encourage people to become a premium member I might offer a trial period as was suggested before. Or easy monthly payments not a 60 one time payment. It would be tons easier for me to be able to pay 5 or r10 bucks a month that a one time bigger payment.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Jenny joined due to a crisis with one of my cats.
Several other situations arose with several TCS members lending support.
I think its interesting to meet other people across the US/Canada and abroad.
Secret Santa is fun too!
To change- a few yrs ago I was on ivillage a diet/exercise forum and they would have live chats a few times a week at different times. That could be fun.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by shengmei

I don't like black on yellow. A simple black on white would be more than sufficient.
Are you taking about the forum colors?

There are different color choices in the bottom left-hand corner.

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The TCS members are why the forums are so darn addictive
The subject categories on the forums are all very interesting. With so many categories, the forums are surprisingly easy to navigate.

Every so often I have $10 or $20 to donate to someone. I wish I could just mail or upload a payment as a donation. Maybe you could sign up for PayPal and put "Make A Donation" buttons on the site. I wouldn't expect membership status but I would like to be able to donate on an irregular basis.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I Joined this site because i was getting a kitty and needed information to how a cat would get along with a bunny.

I joined and never left! I have learned so much valuable information, and i have made so many great friends.

When i did have the money for the premium membership, there were some complications because Hissy had just left the forums, I then needed the money for the vet bills ect.

When I do have the spare extra money I will definetely join up on the premium account!
I
TCS!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just joined in June also from a cat issue I was having. I think this is a wonderful site !!!!!! I come on daily reading through the threads ..... finding new info for myself and about my kitties. I enjoy so much looking at everyone's kitties and especially enjoy looking at all the newborns and how they grow. The stories on here are amazing .... how much people are really out there helping with all the needy kitties in the world. Its truly inspirational and many of the stories have me in tears.

What I would suggest is having a donation link. Not everyone may be able to afford the membership ..... but there are so many people on here that I know truly enjoy this site to come to get info and to even chat with some friends that I am more than sure all of us wouldnt mind giving a donation when we have the spare change..... to just give something back to the site that gives so much to us.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

What I would suggest is having a donation link. Not everyone may be able to afford the membership ..... but there are so many people on here that I know truly enjoy this site to come to get info and to even chat with some friends that I am more than sure all of us wouldnt mind giving a donation when we have the spare change..... to just give something back to the site that gives so much to us.
I think that's a good idea.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like everything. A couple of times I thought my post had been edited/deletd unfairly but then the next day looked back and realized that whoever did so was right. It is harmonious as much as it could be, and the sites I've seen where they tried to prevent any debate at all (you could not discuss declawing, s/n, or outdoor v indoor at all, not even mention them) weren't worth joining. I like the people especially, with very very very few exceptions and those are people who don't stick around long.

I joined because I found Zissou and I was a new cat mommie and had never had a pet before, except a dwarf hamster who had brain damage from an accident and got really mean so my parents got rid of him (I was 11). So I wanted to learn more about it. I actually was on the other pages of the site and noticed the forum and didn't intend to be as active as I am...

What do I not like... Well, I don't like that people who pay get a separate forum I can't even read. I always wonder if they're in there talking about the people who aren't members. Maybe I'm just crazy. I do understand why you do it I guess. I just think maybe that getting a little star by your name or something would be better.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined to learn more about cats. I only had Miagi when I first came here and got Tiger last year since I thought he needed a buddy of his own species since Buster was getting too big for him to play with.
so that's whY I joined to learn more about cats. and the people here are very nice.
I enjoy seeing everyone's cats and other pets they may have pictures and hearing about them.
so that is why I joined to learn more about cats.
I have found out that this place is addicting, though.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

What do I not like... Well, I don't like that people who pay get a separate forum I can't even read. I always wonder if they're in there talking about the people who aren't members.
I've got to comment on this one.
No, no and NO!
There is no talk about other members in the Premier Lounge. That is not allowed. That forum is not "moderated" per say, but if someone did say something about another member, it would be removed just as it is in any of the regular forums.
Because that forum is password protected, people that are not members of TCS can not read it, so subscribing members feel more comfortable opening up and talking more about themselves, not other members.

Also 3 month memberships are available for $19.50.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined because I am interested in cats; I stayed because it is a great site. The cat care info is really good, and on the whole people are kind and tolerant.
I think the moderators do a good job to keep the atmosphere friendly, the Lounge is interesting and fun and I like looking at the pictures.
I have been playing in the siggy shower and I think that anywhere else it could have got competitive; instead it is helpful and supportive.

What I would like, is another easy way to join the Premier membership (I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have and donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want a Pay Pal account)
I also think that if putting Country of origin where it says location was made mandatory
It might help to stop some of us that live outside the US getting slammed every time we mention having indoor/outdoor cats

I wouldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t like to see it change much because it is great as it is.

Anne

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1 I love the people... I came cause I was doing research and google pulled TCS up first .... I stay cause it is a lovely community...

2. I when that first came about didnt have any $$ ... Now it is more a ummm how do I do that??

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found TCS during a FeLV crisis. I stay because there is always more to learn about cats and I do have a lot of experiences that I like to share with others. I try to give as much as I take away.

Add a donate button and explain how it helps to keep the forum up and running.

For the premiere lounge? It would be great to have a trial membership, even if for a day. I like to try before I buy.