Your engagement ring...

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ex got me one from the pawn shop
Can't imagine it cost too much or was real. He tick me off one day and I throw it in a wishing well and made a wish
Didn't come true, as far as I know he hasn't been hit by a bus. I don't have one now and don't think I will ever marry some one, my girls father bugs me to, but I wont marry him (mabey if he won the lottery)

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

My ex got me one from the pawn shop
Can't imagine it cost too much or was real. He tick me off one day and I throw it in a wishing well and made a wish
Didn't come true, as far as I know he hasn't been hit by a bus. I don't have one now and don't think I will ever marry some one, my girls father bugs me to, but I wont marry him (mabey if he won the lottery)
I like the wishing well idea!!! I would have wished the same thing on my ex!!!!

I did get remarried, and I find a simple band of gold is really nice too!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Here is mine! It's kind of hard to tell but it is a heart in the middle, 1/2karat. My engagement ring was actually a solitaire and a wrap but I had them put together. I sort of picked it out. I tried them on with friends to see what I liked and then I took the store's book and circled the ones I liked. This one was circled a whole bunch of times!
But I'd have been happy with whatever he got me! (I took the pic myself so I rotated it to make more sence.)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/LilacGlory7/100_1548111.jpg
I love your rings Leighann!, very beautiful!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

I think it's beautiful!! I agree - expense is not the issue, it's what is beautiful to you that matters. My first (well, my only...lol) engagement ring was only a few hundred dollars, but I loved it as much as I would if it were thousands. More, actually, because I couldn't justify spending that much money on a ring. I'd rather go to France!
Thank you! I really like it!
I read the tag the other day and it's only a .08 carret diamond. (or however you spell it! But a diamonf none the less!) But we only paid like $50. Like I said we are really poor and it needed to be cheap or I wasn't going to get one. I can't see spending $$ on a ring if I need the $$ for other things!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I love your rings Leighann!, very beautiful!
Thanks! DH has been really good to me! The story is he was very picky about the stones. He made the jewelry store order a different wrap because he didn't like one of the side stones in it. I'm glad he's picky with gems!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yaaah I got my ring!!

It's an octagonal-cut stone in a claw setting, in 18 carat white gold. Here's a pic, and also a not-so good pic of it on my finger. The phone camera makes it look bigger (and rounder) than it actually is. It's very geometric and groovy - I love it!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..

Yaaah I got my ring!!

It's an octagonal-cut stone in a claw setting, in 18 carat white gold. Here's a pic, and also a not-so good pic of it on my finger. The phone camera makes it look bigger (and rounder) than it actually is. It's very geometric and groovy - I love it!
Bling Bling!! I love it!!!!!

weloveellie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great thread, I love seeing everyones rings.

My engagement is a princess cut diamond in a platinum cathedral setting (cut: very good, color: D, clarity: VVS1, carat: 0.83).

I will post a picture soon.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy cow Sarah! That ring is STUNNING!
You're going to have to start driving your car so that your hand is always visible at the top of the steering wheel

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Holy cow Sarah! That ring is STUNNING!
You're going to have to start driving your car so that your hand is always visible at the top of the steering wheel
Another great way to show it off is when you are signing your credit card receipt! Just stick your finger out there when you are holding the little slip of paper in place to sign

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's my rock:

It's 3/4 carat set in 18K white gold, color H/I and it's EGL/UN certified as not being a conflict stone and there's other stuff about it that I don't remember, but all in all, impressive that a college-age guy had the discipline (and job!) to save up for this baby! I LOVE it...I'm into things that are really simple and elegant and kind of understated. The only other jewerly Ian ever got me was an 18K white gold locket with tiny little pictures of us in it. I wear that a lot, too!

Tanya, I like your tip for showing it off. Flute playing is another great way to do so, since you left hand is turned and faces directly out towards your teacher/audience/colleagues!

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies

Yaaah I got my ring!!

That is one beautiful ring!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to have to quit reading this thread. It makes me want that time to be here NOW for me! I haven't seen a ring on here that I don't like!!

fatkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My first ring was a heart shaped diamond (can't rmember the size, not huge, but not tiny either) but one day after we got married it dawned on me that with the wrap, it had a total of 13 stones. I'm not superstitious, but that just BUGGED me! Well this January we went to the jeweler to have it inspected for the warranty, and they were running an "upgrade" special and we decided to get a new ring set. This one is worth twice what the old one was (but they gave us credit for the value of the old one), and is MUCH prettier. I get tons of comments on it. The main stone is still heart shaped, but a little bigger, and the wrap has three small inlaid diamonds on either side, and a larger oval shaped diamond on either side of the main diamond. The band is 14k gold. I absolutely LOVE this ring. Just love it! Sometimes I just sit and look at it!

Amber

jlutgendorf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Yaaah I got my ring!!

That's a beautiful ring! The cut on the stone is so unique. I don't know that I've seen that before!
I found out my fiance' was thinking about getting married at Sam's Club, when I went to look at their rings and he commented that Shane Co. had better prices!

When I wormed it out of him (at the fish section!), I immediately started looking around for local jewelers. I love jewelry, I've got at least 6 or 7 jewelry boxes full, so no way was I not having a say on the most important piece I'll ever own!
I was really lucky to stumble across www.jacquelinesanchez.com and ended up with this ring!

It has the gold rivets like this ring

and the smaller diamonds like this one.

My fiance's is the same shape with a thicker band, but with gold inset where my diamonds are and the rivets polished smooth and a half circle where my pearl is.
We were also super lucky that right as we found her, she wanted to redo her website, so we just traded, service for service!
These are our engagement and wedding rings. My parents only ever had one each, and I like the idea that we both can wear our rings before we're married.

~Julia