Young Again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Dr. Elseys dry, if you ever decide to try it Chewy has a smaller 2 lb bag, and they are awesome about refunds.

I dont ever put out that much dry at one time, i worry about bacteria as well, and i have one cat that slobbers on the food wh

I forgot to say that I order the fussie cat from Chewy because almost no store in my area carries it, only one. I have it on autoship, three cases, and we always seem to run out because he eats so much I guess. I added on an extra case per month and i could see we were going to run out so I had ro get more at the store, fortunately she had the right one this time. I don't know how one cat can eat that much though, he is 11-12 lbs now and eats 2-3 cans plus scraps and sometimes the wholefoods tuna, ( when he eats that he eats less of the fc). The tuna is not wholefoods brand, Ive forgotten the brand. I need to check that one for guar gum too. Fussie cat is very expensive, it is costing $100 per month for 3 cases, so I think home cooked will be cheaper prolly as well as healthier hopefully but more work for sure.

I agree chewy has been very good overall, I returned some of the Stella & Chewy raw dehydrated because it made Wiz vomit and I think they just gave me a credit. I have ordered some great crate pads to use as blankets that were fantastic for Syb because her long fur did not stick to them and heating pads etc, as well as her denamarin, it was $10 cheaper there than anywhere else.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
fussie cat is very low calorie. even lower than the tiki cat i feed a lot of. with fussie cat my guys would want 3 or 4 cans at least, they use to eat quite a bit of fussie, but i think they got tired of it, so we are on tiki and almo nature chicken and green beans right now. and Dr. elseys dry.. i think a lot of fussie cat is less than 50 calories per can. My guy is eating a lot of tiki chicken with egg which is 85 calories per can. i usually feed two cans per day, and supplement with dry. They like the american journey minced flavors too, and they are at the 75 calorie per can range. It can get very expensive, which is part of the reason i also use dry.

Your avatar photo is gorgeous! Very pretty cat!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I checked out Dr Elseys and it seems to have no carbs and none of those additives, so it has very good ingredients. Is it really zero carbs? I’m going to try the ya calculator and see. I checked out alnutrin again and it seems they have two supplements for cat food with calcium for cooked food without bone: one has calcium from egg shells and the other has calcium added I guess which is calcium carbonate. I emailed to ask what is the difference. I noticed for the free samples though, you have to send them a card requesting the samples and a prepaid envelope so it will take longer. It’s kind of a hassle, but I guess it’s better than being stuck with something I cant use and not being able to return it since they do t take returns. I’m not impressed with companies that won’t take returns overall and rarely buy from them.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the Dr. elseys dry has some carbs, like 4.6% or something like that. I dont feed the wet, because my guys really are not fans of pate. I may try it someday. I dont like companies that will not do good customer service either.

I order a lot from chewy, and two other places i like, because they will let you order 1 or 2 cans of this and that to try, i will post below. but i have never tried returns with either one.

Natural and Holistic Cat Food, Treats, Supplements, Vitamins, and more from Only Natural Pet Store

Search results for "cat food"

FAQs - Dr. Elsey's

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
fussie cat is very low calorie. even lower than the tiki cat i feed a lot of. with fussie cat my guys would want 3 or 4 cans at least, they use to eat quite a bit of fussie, but i think they got tired of it, so we are on tiki and almo nature chicken and green beans right now. and Dr. elseys dry.. i think a lot of fussie cat is less than 50 calories per can. My guy is eating a lot of tiki chicken with egg which is 85 calories per can. i usually feed two cans per day, and supplement with dry. They like the american journey minced flavors too, and they are at the 75 calorie per can range. It can get very expensive, which is part of the reason i also use dry.

Your avatar photo is gorgeous! Very pretty cat!
Ok I see that makes sense, I did nit even check the calories lol. That is my beloved Syb, she was so gorgeous, everyone always said that everywhere we went to dvm etc. I learned years after I adopted her from a rescue I was volunteering with that she is part Norwegian Forest Cat, she was so athletic and graceful, she coudl jump up 4 feet like a helicopter and then look to where she would land on a dresser and barely make a sound, and she ran up and straight down trees, she had very long powerful hind legs and looked liked a cheetah when I gave her a lion cut in the spring. She was only a year or two old when I took that, she and my beloved Angie were out in the snow, she lved to run and jump in snow so I called her my snowcat goddess. I can hardly believ she is gone. She was 17.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I see that makes sense, I did nit even check the calories lol. That is my beloved Syb, she was so gorgeous, everyone always said that everywhere we went to dvm etc. I learned years after I adopted her from a rescue I was volunteering with that she is part Norwegian Forest Cat, she was so athletic and graceful, she coudl jump up 4 feet like a helicopter and then look to where she would land on a dresser and barely make a sound, and she ran up and straight down trees, she had very long powerful hind legs and looked liked a cheetah when I gave her a lion cut in the spring. She was only a year or two old when I took that, she and my beloved Angie were out in the snow, she lved to run and jump in snow so I called her my snowcat goddess. I can hardly believ she is gone. She was 17.
I have a cat or two that is gone now, that i will always remember, they were special. She is a beauty, i am sorry that she is no longer with you!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat or two that is gone now, that i will always remember, they were special. She is a beauty, i am sorry that she is no longer with you!
Thanks, I'm still in shock. Just picking pics for her memorial urn now and i will put in one of Byron, her best buddy outside. My cats mean the world to me and I will never forget any of them. Syb is the end of an era with 5 cats lost now from an 18 year period starting in 2000. But Byron and Tess were the first adopted and rescued earlier. Now there is only Quinn and I love him but I dont have that connection with him plus it has been so stressful with him jumping on Sybil and having to separate them. I feel terrible about the stress he caused her and would just have let her be an only cat if I had known what would happen, although she was lonely after Wiz passing I think Quinn just caused her too much stress. I regret that so much now.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its always hard to know, ahead of time. That crystal ball that we all want would come in handy. We do the best we can, and try not to feel guilty if it doesnt work out well. Remember the good, hold on to that, and not what went wrong, the bad memories are best to let go, no going back and changing things, let them and the pain go.. Remember and hold on to the love. I hope you have a peaceful night!

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
But it says it’s for raw meat, do you know if i can use it with cooked meat as well?
The website says it can be used with cooked meat. You may have to look through their recipes or email them for directions for cooked though.