You know you're a cat person when....

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...when the man who is doing the furnace maintenance tells you he found three mice in the vent (and you start getting kind of creeped out) and then he holds out his hand and gives you three little stuffed mouse toys.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

...when the man who is doing the furnace maintenance tells you he found three mice in the vent (and you start getting kind of creeped out) and then he holds out his hand and gives you three little stuffed mouse toys.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know you're a cat person when you let your cat play with your mouse and kneed your keyboard when trying to do anything important on your computer - like be on TCS!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
butzi, boy am I familiar with that.

My kitties type all sorts of stuff that I have to delete while I'm trying to post something or send an email.
Earlier today Polly somehow managed to click on an ad with the enter button and took me to a survey about my toilet paper needs.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mollysmom

You know you're a cat person when. . .
You see your cat shredding paper towels but don't stop it because you think it's cute (Molly's shredding paper towels right now and it's too cute, I'm just sitting here watching her and typing.
)
You mean like this?

I have a video of the incident, too.

Originally Posted by mollysmom

Your cats eat the highest quality food you can find and you often have cereal or top ramen.

I've been there a time or two.

You know you're a cat person when you have a very sick kitty who you're up with all night long forcing medicine down their throat so they get well quickly, and also force-feeding chicken broth to to make sure they don't dehydrate. You also know you're a cat person when you don't mind cleaning up hairballs or vomit because you know it's just part of owning a cat.

You also realize you're a cat person when you have a kitty scrapbook album which you show to all your friends (who usually give you a funny look - unless they're a cat person, too - and understand just why you have a kitty scrapbook.
).

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH and I were cleaning the apartment. We were in the bedroom, I was dusting.

He said "aren't you going to dust the leather ottoman at the end of the bed?"

I say "I already did!"

He said "what are those marks?"

Me and him at the same time "oh they're claw marks
"

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

You know you're a cat person when you refuse to take a vacation because you can't find anyone you trust enough to take care of your babies while you're away -- and you also know that you wouldn't be able to enjoy the vacation anyway because you'd be worrying about them the whole time you were gone.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! If DH and I take vacations, we do so separately so one of us will here to watch the babies.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

You know you are a cat person when the sound of purring so loud you can't hear TV is a great thing to you
Or when you mute the tv so you hear the purring better

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

You know you're a cat person...

when you find a cat hair in your food or drink, and don't even think about it.
Or you give your cat a lick of your ice cream, then go back to eating it yourself.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

Or you give your cat a lick of your ice cream, then go back to eating it yourself.
Or you set your glass of soymilk where it is easily accessible so he can help himself whenever you're not drinking.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

Or you put your cereal bowl on the table, go back to the kitchen for something, hear a thud of a cat jumping down from the table (knowing that cat is only on the table to sample the milk in the cereal), then eating the cereal.