You know the cat is in charge when:

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a good thread!!
I know my cats are in CHARGE because...

I'd sit on the edge of computer chair if cats are already on the chair instead of removing them.
I give cats their food FIRST before meeting my own needs (even when i am DYING TO PEE!)

Whenever going shopping, go to pet stores FIRST to get stuff then if I run out of money doing errands for myself, then I "sacrifice" the things I was planning on buying for myself!

When my apt have more cat furniture and toys than human furniture!
Some of my friends actually calls my home the CATS' home instead of Pamela's home..
Sleeping AROUND my cats (try FOUR sleeping on you! You'd wake up with a SORE BODY)
Wearing turtlenecks to hide the marks made from 3-4 cats kneading at my neck
Not moving from the couch even if I'm dying for a drink or something to snack on cuz 3-4 cats are piled up on my body.

Leaving all doors (bathroom, bedroom, etc) open or the cats will get really upset.
Walking SLOWLY thru my apt so I won't step on any cats who are following me.
Yup, my cats are in CHARGE around here with a whip!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got out of the shower, cold and wet. There's Oliver sitting on my towels. Do I disturb him? Of course not... I get a new towel.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

This is a good thread!!
I know my cats are in CHARGE because...
Walking SLOWLY thru my apt so I won't step on any cats who are following me.
this is a good one for me - Cable hasn't learned not to lay on the floor in front of me... she starts off walking, then stops & lays down... mind you, i usually am walking thru the house w/o turning on additional lights, so i can't see real well... i think i've stepped on her a couple of times. now i stop & check!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cla517

You tell them goodbye and that you'll be back soon whenever you leave.

You call home from vacation just to check that they are OK. And you are really upset when you get home and they are mad at you.
Hmmm...yes, makes me think of three specific situations...

[1] Every morning: Ok, Bun, time for mum to go catch mousies. You take care of the house, OK? Mum's counting on you. See ya later. (punctuated with "mya" "mya" "mya")

[2] The nights I go see Dad: OK, Bun, Mum's going to see Grampa for a little while. Won't be long. Wanna send him a headbutt? (also punctuated with "mya" "mya", and usually followed by a headbutt!)

[3] The weekends we go to see Rob's Mum: Ok, Bun, Mum and Dad are going to see Tutu tomorrow. You don't mind looking after things over night do you? We haven't seen Tutu for a long time, and it's only one night. We'll be home Sunday. (punctuated with the odd "mya", and a scowl or two -- don't tell ME they don't know what we're saying!
)

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i now get up three times in the morning. once at 4.30 am for bellyrubs, again at 6.30 for feeding time and then again at 9.30 when she tap dances up and down my body.

i've learnt to stroke her in my sleep rather than deny her bellyrubs.

i've been known (much to my boyfriend disgust) to giver her my last bite of chicken, tuna or steak from my dinner because she's looking at me.

she had a christmas stocking. not a commercial cat stocking, one i bought and filled for her in case 'she feels left out'

she drinks from a pint glass and eats from a china saucer because she 'doesnt like her cat bowls'

everyone who goes up the stairs must give her head rubs or suffer the consequences ( usually a nip on the ankles or a full scale charge)

i'm only a few steps away from being one of those mad cats ladies you see on tv. and to make matters worse we've only had her 8 months!

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Well, aren't we a bunch of cat whipped kitty lovers???

I know,I know.......and we wouldn't have it any other way, right?

Anyone have anymore??
I MAY have actually had an in charge moment last weekend!! Izzie was knocking stuff off of something in the livingroom and I heard my boyfriend tell her no. She came running into my bedroom (where I was) and meowed to me like she was running to "mommy". I swear the meowing sounded exactly like a kid running from one parent to the next and trying to get sympathy!!! Was I having a human in-charge moment or was I being manipulated by a kitten?!?!

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you wake up in the morning, and you want to get up, but your kitty is sleeping on your belly so you stay in bed for another hour.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissCharlotte

I MAY have actually had an in charge moment last weekend!! Izzie was knocking stuff off of something in the livingroom and I heard my boyfriend tell her no. She came running into my bedroom (where I was) and meowed to me like she was running to "mommy". I swear the meowing sounded exactly like a kid running from one parent to the next and trying to get sympathy!!! Was I having a human in-charge moment or was I being manipulated by a kitten?!?!
Oh,yeah, ours play Daddy against Mummy, too, and "whine" about each other, or that "she started it!" (Mum: I don't care who started it -- everyone stop -- NOW!) I swear they're no different than human kids in that respect!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

sandpaper kisses
on a cheek or a chin,
that is the way
for a day to begin.
Sandpaper kisses,
a cuddle,
a purr.
I have an alarm clock
that's covered with fur.!
i love this!

niktemadur

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1. I do not make the bed all day because one cat or another is sleeping on it.
2. I sleep crooked on my own bed so as not to disturb the cats. In fact, my girl and I sleep squeezed on one half of a queen-sized bed, while the cats are splayed across the other half.
3. In fact, you could say that we bought the queen-sized bed with the cats in mind. We had a full-sized before, and for six living creatures, it just didn't cut the mustard.
4. I turn on the faucet in the bathroom sink so they can drink water, even as they have a Honeywell water fountain that cascades 24/7. And then, I stand and wait until they are good and satisfied, shake the water droplets from their fur, and walk away. Then I turn the faucet off.
5. I LOVE to listen to music on my headphones. But I forgo this pleasure so the cats can listen along too.

However, I do draw a line when I'm at the computer. The moment a cat jumps into my workspace, I sweep my extended arm across the desk and down he/she goes. My girlfriend draws the line in the kitchen, when she's cooking.

cirque

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
...when your cat dumps 30-50 burned cd's (in cases) onto the floor while trying to climb up to the top of your cd stand... and you DONT kill the cat.

Boy was I pissed off, but you gotta love the little fuzzy butts. Hes lucky it wasnt a big sword collection instead, curiosity killed the cat, or so I hear.

...when they train you to be their personal doorman, pooper scooper, chef, puke-cleaner, nail trimmer and all around affection giver. It's a good thing I don't work or I wouldn't have time to take care of our newest trouble maker Buddy.