You know the cat is in charge when:

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...when you wake up in the middle of the night because you're sleeping in an uncomfortable position but you tough it out rather than remove the cat from your back.

portdevoix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

...when you wake up in the middle of the night because you're sleeping in an uncomfortable position but you tough it out rather than remove the cat from your back.
When you delay a morning run until noon because you have TWO cats on your back.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...when I sleep on my back the whole night, because to turn on my side would discommode Cindy, who is buzzing between my legs.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you are trying to fold the nice warm laundry and the cats sit in the basket on top of the clothes.

Trying to type with a cat in front, blocking the monitor.

Trying to find a comfy position in bed with multiple cats.

They get fed before you have your morning breakfast.

jaspers mummy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I lost control of this place the day he moved in

JJ's comfy on the bed i sleep on the couch we have a queen size bed

JJ's hungry all else is stoped to refill his bowls before ancle biteing beingns

I'm eatting my tea and JJ decides that looks good mum so he has his share I won't share with my hubby but JJ gets it if he want's it

And the list goes on and on and on

JJ has decided JJ is not a kitty he is the lord and master and we are his slaves and of cause he is right

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you bring home some new wooly jumpers and they end up pulled and dribbly before you've even worn them

When you are making clothes and you have cats inside the fabric

When you are sewing on the machine and take care not to disrupt the cat on the rest of the fabric

When you make another sandwich because the cats have chomped their way through yours (while your back was turned for a second!)

I love this thread!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, aren't we a bunch of cat whipped kitty lovers???

I know,I know.......and we wouldn't have it any other way, right?

Anyone have anymore??

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I can't go to bed yet because there's already a row of kitties sleeping there!

cirque

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You know the cat is in charge...
...when you sit in your chair for hours watching TV because the cat is asleep on your lap but you really want to get up and go pee.

...when you scoop the cat's stinky poo because he keeps making a face and poking at it every few minutes.

...when you stand and wait for 10 minutes to take a shower because the cat is busy drinking from the dripping tub.

...when you end up cuddling with the cat instead of your woman because the cat gets jealous and wants to be in the middle ALL THE TIME.

...when you find yourself reading about cat's being in charge and realize your cat runs your life also!

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know the cat is the boss, when no matter how important whatever you are doing is, if they start to meow, you get up to find out what they need and meet their demands.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(I know this has already been said... but...)

I know my cats are in charge when... I'm snuggling into my bed and one by one, the four that sleep with me mosey in and take their 'spot' on the bed. Snickers, on my feet; Hammie, next to my arm; Zorro, next to Hammie; and KC, on my hair up on my pillow.

And from that point forth, I better not move, or I will get little mews of protest from very comfy kitties in their bed that they share with 'the human' who takes care of them.

I know my cats are in charge when I have to cut holes in doors (www.catdoors.com) in order to have a house that is functional... i.e., I want to keep doors shut to certain rooms but still give the cats access to the rooms so they can use their litter boxes.

I know my cats are in charge when I have to create a cute little sign to hang above the toilets.... "please put lid down, cat will drink from toilet!". I don't use those toilet-tank treatment tablets simply because Hammie prefers toilet water over the water in his bowls. But still the weirdness of walking into the bathroom and seeing his big fat butt hanging onto the rim, lapping up toilet water... creeps me out.

I know my cats are in charge when I can't leave dishes full of soapy water in my kitchen sink. You know how you have to pre-soak some stuff before putting it into the dishwasher? I have to cover any pre-soaking pots with a towel because Hammie (the water-cat) will lap up the soapy gunky stuff, no matter how it tastes.

Another sign they are in charge: every morning when I get up and my boycats follow me, I have to wait until all three of the boys are in the bathroom before I am allowed to shut the door & take a shower. If not -- Hammie will jump & grab the doorknob (he opened it once, he's like that Raptor from Jurassic Park), Snickers will cry, and Zorro will dig at the door. So I wait until all three of the boys are in the bathroom before I do my stuff every morning!

But I love them and I would miss aaaalll this stuff. Point proven when I was in the hospital for 5 days and every time I wheeled my IV cart into the bathroom with me, I'd watch the bottom of the door 'waiting' for the cats to follow me. Okay so I was on Vicodin and a little out of it, but still I woke up in that hospital bed several times feeling around for cats.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

And like how Rosie is sitting right in front of the screen now and i have to look at either side of her to see whats on the screen!
Now Sophies joined her!
ok, similar to ^ but ... Cable lies on my chest, right under my chin - blocking the view of the TV or the book i'm reading. Mouse used to do the same thing... isn't that weird? Cable's really trying to take her place - literally!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you actually get used to waking up in the middle of the night to give a demanding cat some stritches.

I too have the cat on lap problem, if there is a cat on lap, then I don't get up. Thankfully I usually have the phone right next to me. (Note: This rule doesn't apply when I'm using the bathroom, Gandalf for some reason wants to be on my lap then.
)

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you anticipate the cat about to harangue you from around the corner, so you patiently lift the leg that is in the way and wait for the cat to pass, all the while looking like that stupid captain morgan commercial on the TV

When you opt against using a hair dryer because the cats like to lick your hair dry.

cla517

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You know the cats are in charge when. . .

You make a deal with them "I won't chase you off the table if you promise to get down before daddy sees you and mamma gets in trouble!"

You get mad at your significant other for yelling at them.

You see the cat staring at you from the floor and automatically spread his favorite blankie out on the sofa so he can jump up and lay on it. (My Simon has an unnatural attachment to one particular blanket. If he sees it, you have to spread it out for him so he can lay on it.)

You can't help but give them scritches whenever you walk by, even if you really have to get somewhere.

You tell them goodbye and that you'll be back soon whenever you leave.

You call home from vacation just to check that they are OK. And you are really upset when you get home and they are mad at you.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha i love this thread!!!

I know when my cat is in charge when......
I am on the toilet and he opens the door to come and sit on my lap so i cant finish my business.

Also has to be in the bathroom with me when im taking a shower.
Has to sleep with me everynight. He now likes to sleep inbetween me and bf but he notices that bf takes up too much room and decided to put me in the middle to get squished!