You guys and gals would not believe what I found in the Wal-Mart parking lot!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Big-Cat-Fan

I went over to calm him down and he pushed my hand away with his paw!! I again tried to comfort him and he scratched and bit me!!!
You've just described Garfield the way Rosie was when i first brought Sophie home
Rosie growled and ran straight up to her room when she first saw tiny Sophie, so i left Sophie downstairs and went up to Rosie and sat with her talking softly to her.

I reached out my hand for her to sniff and she batted my hand with her paw and growled at me. I always describe it as her way of saying " I hate you!!!! "

You've probably seen this already but this was them two weeks later

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rosiemac, everytime I see your sig I just want to pick up Rosie and give her such snuggles and kisses!

catnapt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

How sweet!

Still, that's only 1 star - first kitty gets your name on the wall - after that it's pips (stars).

ETA: Please, mods, can we have this?
ok almost totally OT but i have never heard the term "pips" for stars next to someone's names, and i have to ask, did Gladys Knight and the Four Pips mean, her and for (other) stars

or did people come up with the name for stars because of her use of the word "pips"

i remember we used to try to guess where she got the term PIPS from....

anyone know?

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Garfield will accept the new kitten in time. Just be sure she is utd on her shots first! Festie is still hissing at my foster babies, yet she watches them all the time!

I like the idea of pips or stars for the hubbies...I put mine in under my name!
But my dh would not see more pips as a good thing!
Last Saturday at the adoption show where I was trying to adopt out 3 kittens, ds wanted to get a kitten. After all, he reasoned, none of the pets at home are "his". Then he saw the lizards! DH said he would rather get a lizard than another cat!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catnapt

ok almost totally OT but i have never heard the term "pips" for stars next to someone's names, and i have to ask, did Gladys Knight and the Four Pips mean, her and for (other) stars

or did people come up with the name for stars because of her use of the word "pips"

i remember we used to try to guess where she got the term PIPS from....

anyone know?
I was using the military term.

I'm not sure if this is the case with all awards or only with some, but for your first award, you put a ribbon on your uniform, and if you're awarded a second time you get a star. If you get enough stars (5 I think), there are converted into one star of a different colour. Presumably this is so you're uniform doesn't get too crowded.

catnapt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

I was using the military term.

I'm not sure if this is the case with all awards or only with some, but for your first award, you put a ribbon on your uniform, and if you're awarded a second time you get a star. If you get enough stars (5 I think), there are converted into one star of a different colour. Presumably this is so you're uniform doesn't get too crowded.
OH!! thanks for that information! now i wonder if that is what Gladys Knight had in mind when she called her back up singers "pips" LOL