You guys and gals would not believe what I found in the Wal-Mart parking lot!!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

How gorgeous is she!!
And she's just the right colour to blend in with the others!

I can't wait to hear the outcome with hubby. Tell him all the ladies of TCS will love him forever if he says she can stay
What a great idea! We should have a TCS DH Wall of Honour for all the Hubbies who let kitties stay!

ETA: and we can pip them (add stars after their name) for each additional kitty.

Who's with me?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

What a great idea! We should have a TCS DH Wall of Honour for all the Hubbies who let kitties stay!

ETA: and we can pip them (add stars after their name) for each additional kitty.

Who's with me?
I am SO with you!!!! That is a GREAT idea!!!!
But then it might start fights between the husbands over who has more stars!!!!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Big-Cat-Fan

I am SO with you!!!! That is a GREAT idea!!!!
But then it might start fights between the husbands over who has more stars!!!!
Ah, but that's the point...

catnapt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Ah, but that's the point...

exactly !!

what a sweet girl, and i LOVE the photo of your girls holding her, so sweet

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Poor little thing I bet some rude person didn't want it and dropped it off.
My dad use to do that when I was a kid. One of our cats he was taking to the shelter and he tried to say he changed his mind (yeah right) he went to the store and from what he said it just jumped out of the car and ran away. Yeah right I am sorry but that cat would not have been that hard to catch.
We had hamsters once and he got sick of them or something and took them to the woods and droped them off. Our animals always came up missing so I am sure he did it more than once. It makes me sooooooooooooo mad that people do that sort of thing.

Im glad I am grown now and can have pets of my own and not worry about them coming up missing one day.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Krazycatlover

Poor little thing I bet some rude person didn't want it and dropped it off.
My dad use to do that when I was a kid.
Great and little gods. I am so sorry that this happened - to you and to those little lives.

ETA: maybe you could post a tribute in Rainbow bridge? It would allow you to remember and honour them.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she's won over the hubby. Now we work on Garfield. Susan has offered extra treats. Ari says he can contribute a live mouse.

jin & spawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Excellent! What an adorable face! I just love her coloring!
I'm so glad you were there to find her!!!

Oh, my husband gets two stars on the TCS wall. The first one he brought home himself after almost running over her. (Chaos) The second one, when I called and told him about her he said "Why don't you just bring her home now and skip all the beating around the bush."
(Kyrie)

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is BEAUTIFUL! Good luck with Garfield!

Oh and Oscar does the tail swish thing. It's funny AND cute!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jin & Spawn

Excellent! What an adorable face! I just love her coloring!
I'm so glad you were there to find her!!!

Oh, my husband gets two stars on the TCS wall. The first one he brought home himself after almost running over her. (Chaos) The second one, when I called and told him about her he said "Why don't you just bring her home now and skip all the beating around the bush."
(Kyrie)
How sweet!

Still, that's only 1 star - first kitty gets your name on the wall - after that it's pips (stars).

ETA: Please, mods, can we have this?

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Tell Garfield i'll send him some treats over if he loves her
Im not sure if it is because when I got him, he was on his death bed and I nursed him back to health (I have always been VERY close to him beause of what we went through with him being sick) or just because he is a spoiled little mommas boy.... but my friend brought over a kitty she rescued the other day (she brought him over because she said he was an exact copy of Garfield just smaller) anyways, he saw me petting this kitten and he literally freaked out!!! he has never acted this way before!! I went over to calm him down and he pushed my hand away with his paw!! I again tried to comfort him and he scratched and bit me!!! He wasnt himself again until the cat left. Even my husband was in awe!!! We could not believe the way he acted.
That day he needed more than some treats ....

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Krazycatlover

are you going to keep the cat or find it a home??
I am still trying to figure that one out....
I just love her to pieces. My husband is already sold on her but I am working on Garfield now.

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Well, she's won over the hubby. Now we work on Garfield. Susan has offered extra treats. Ari says he can contribute a live mouse.
Hehehehehe ........ a live mouse!?!?!?
That just might work, Ari, thanks!!

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

She is BEAUTIFUL! Good luck with Garfield!

Oh and Oscar does the tail swish thing. It's funny AND cute!
Isn't it just the cutest thing you have ever seen?!?! When I 1st saw her tail doing that.. I thought "what in the world"!!!

But now that I know it is normal for some cats... I'm not worried about it.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Big-Cat-Fan

Im not sure if it is because when I got him, he was on his death bed and I nursed him back to health (I have always been VERY close to him beause of what we went through with him being sick) or just because he is a spoiled little mommas boy.... but my friend brought over a kitty she rescued the other day (she brought him over because she said he was an exact copy of Garfield just smaller) anyways, he saw me petting this kitten and he literally freaked out!!! he has never acted this way before!! I went over to calm him down and he pushed my hand away with his paw!! I again tried to comfort him and he scratched and bit me!!! He wasnt himself again until the cat left. Even my husband was in awe!!! We could not believe the way he acted.
That day he needed more than some treats ....
You know, I was going to (selflessly
) offer to take Garfield off of your hands, but after reading this, I'm no so sure!

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You did a wonderful thing for this little one! She is so beautiful. You may want to check back in the parking lot, sometimes people will drop them off in places like that. I have several from the Walmart parking lot. Two of them were stuffed into a box and dropped off there.They made it out of the box and I found one near the box where I had heard meowing. I only thought there was one and took him home and the next day went to walmart and heard mewing and another one was in the bottom of a trailer they kept on the edge of the parking lot scared to death. They are both identical black cats. They are almost a year old now. If there are more they may run and hide at the edge of the parking lot if there is anything to hide in. I also have a buff colored polydactyl cat that I picked up when he was a tiny little guy from there. Your kitten is so lucky you came along! It will take some time but your other cat will get used to her. I've been through that a few times too.