Yogi, TNRd feral is missing

lovewhiskers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Once in a lifetime kind of love. I know we do love them all but our love runs deeper than the universe for some of them. He is your Yogi forever and probably still hangs out in his favorite spots in your yard. And he is watching over you, I am certain of that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for your supportive comments my TCS friends
. It has been twenty four days now. Last night I had quite a startle when I went outside on my deck at about nine o'clock. It was dark but I have a motion spot light on the deck so I can see the feeding station. Right in front of the opening there was a large coyote just standing there.
. I have never seen one that big. It just stared at me and then I ran it off.
I also have never seen one come around near the feeding station like that. I have seen them periodically running through the woods and I know we have them in our area but I have always thought the feral cats know how to keep themselves safe from these bigger predators. I am praying that this was not Yogi's fate but fear it might have been
. It is the not knowing what happened to him that is hard to deal with and I will always wonder but am accepting the situation now and realize that he did know what love was
. He knew I cared for him and did love him from a distance ( and the distance was getting shorter, about four feet
). I will always remember those moments we shared looking back and forth at eachother. He would sneak a peek at me and I would look away, then I would sneak a peek at him and he would look away. Yogi, I will never forget you
:hear t3:

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

Thanks for your supportive comments my TCS friends
. It has been twenty four days now. Last night I had quite a startle when I went outside on my deck at about nine o'clock. It was dark but I have a motion spot light on the deck so I can see the feeding station. Right in front of the opening there was a large coyote just standing there.
. I have never seen one that big. It just stared at me and then I ran it off.
I also have never seen one come around near the feeding station like that. I have seen them periodically running through the woods and I know we have them in our area but I have always thought the feral cats know how to keep themselves safe from these bigger predators. I am praying that this was not Yogi's fate but fear it might have been
. It is the not knowing what happened to him that is hard to deal with and I will always wonder but am accepting the situation now and realize that he did know what love was
. He knew I cared for him and did love him from a distance ( and the distance was getting shorter, about four feet
). I will always remember those moments we shared looking back and forth at eachother. He would sneak a peek at me and I would look away, then I would sneak a peek at him and he would look away. Yogi, I will never forget you
:hear t3:
Oh geez Lauren - I'm so sorry.
I sure hope that stinkin' coyote didn't get to Yogi.
Whatever happened to him, I sure hope it was fast & painless, and he didn't suffer at all.
I know the anguish you feel over not knowing: I think that's the worse thing of all, having been there so many times myself. It's the worst thing about loving & caring for strays/ferals.

Rest peacefully, sweet Yogi.
Your meowmy loved you very, very much, and will miss you.

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Hon!

It's so sad. And I know you are grieving so much. The coyotes are intense. I saw two myself this spring on my way to work. Nature is very harsh. As much as I love animals, I can't stand to watch "nature" shows.

You and Yogi are in my thoughts and prayers.

I just wish I could say something that would make you feel a little better.

All I've got is that I'm sure he knew he was loved by you, and he knows it now, wherever he is. And he's grateful for the care you gave him and his family. He will never forget you and your care and love.

Robin

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Oh geez Lauren - I'm so sorry.
I sure hope that stinkin' coyote didn't get to Yogi.
Whatever happened to him, I sure hope it was fast & painless, and he didn't suffer at all.
I know the anguish you feel over not knowing: I think that's the worse thing of all, having been there so many times myself. It's the worst thing about loving & caring for strays/ferals.

Rest peacefully, sweet Yogi.
Your meowmy loved you very, very much, and will miss you.
Your words mean so much to me and the support from everyone helps so much
, it brings tears to my eye thinking about him...

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bastetservant

Oh, Hon!

It's so sad. And I know you are grieving so much. The coyotes are intense. I saw two myself this spring on my way to work. Nature is very harsh. As much as I love animals, I can't stand to watch "nature" shows.

You and Yogi are in my thoughts and prayers.

I just wish I could say something that would make you feel a little better.

All I've got is that I'm sure he knew he was loved by you, and he knows it now, wherever he is. And he's grateful for the care you gave him and his family. He will never forget you and your care and love.

Robin
Robin,
and a big thank you for your prayers and support. It means so much to me. Yes, nature is very, very tough and if Yogi was sick or slow in anyway
that would have been the end if this coyote was preying on him. I have been through this experience before, feral's disappearing and never returning, BUT Yogi was different and entwined in my heart. It is still hard to write about him without tearing up so. I am just sorry I didn't trap him soon after Magilla went to my sisters. I guess the lesson learned is do not wait, don't put things like this off, today may be the only chance we get to do make a difference because tomorrow may be too late.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Oh that is scary. I honestly didn't know there were coyotes out there.

Lauren, my heart is breaking for you all over again.

Thanks, meow
for your concern. Yes, we have quite a few coyotes in my area. I remember last summer on a few occasions, I actually heard a few howling at night
. This particular one looked to be about 45 pounds and in good weight. So he must be eating well....... I normally have not worried about letting my JRT's out at night for a quick potty. I don't have a fenced yard, it is the electronic fence and they wear those collars. But after seeing the size of that coyote,
not anymore unless I have them leashed.

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are thousands and thousands around here, including in the city. A study of them has been in progress for a number of years with 60 of them wearing radio collars. You can google "coyotes in Chicago" and see the maps of their travels. Mostly, in the city they stay in the big parks. But a couple years ago one wandered into a sandwich shop on Michigan Avenue. Last year one got struck, somehow, on an iceberg in Lake Michigan. They are not dangerous to people, but they are to all small animals.

Robin