Yogi, TNRd feral is missing

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am very, very sad this morning. This is day five that Yogi, Magilla's dad
, has been gone. He was TNRd last December and released back out and I have been caring for him since then. I see him EVERYDAY for the last five months at both feedings, am. and pm. The only time he was gone for a day and a half was during that terrible blizzard. Lately, I have been able to get within four feet of him and would sit out in the grass with him for quite awhile. I was hoping over the summer to become closer with him and see if he would be interested in becoming socialized.

He is gone. And I fear the worst and am just so sad about it. I see his pal, Boo Boo, each day. Those two were my regulars that just live outside and I would see them on and off all day long. I try to ask Boo where Yogi is and of course he doesn't know how to tell me. I know he knows, because those two were never separated. Even during the blizzard, they both showed up walking together side by side from wherever they had been hunkering down.

I honestly can say, I worry more about the outside feral's than my inside cats. I don't have control over the feral's safety and it just breaks my heart. Yesterday, I looked all through the woods and under the deck of the abandoned house next door where they hang out. Nothing. I am feeling very pessimistic about the situation. He was neutered and would not have any reason to roam, which he never did. He was always outside most of the day. I get filled with anxiety when I think that he is suffering somewhere and I can't help him. Please send prayers my way for Yogi, I appreciate it.

dunnyboy69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Likewise, wishing you all the best.
I'm crossing my fingers for you and Yogi (Magilla's brother, right?) - I know from first-hand experience how worrying it is when the outdoor cats disappear for a few days.

dunnyboy69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sorry, am not with it today...just seen your comment about Yogi being Magilla's dad.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope that wherever Yogi is, he's safe. I hope that he returns home soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by dunnyboy69

sorry, am not with it today...just seen your comment about Yogi being Magilla's dad.
That's alright. The vet wasn't sure on his age when he was TNRd. The kittens were about six months and the vet told me Yogi was about one or so
. So he could have been a brother and was just a bit bigger or he was the dad. Spitting image of Magilla, just bigger. He was EXTREMELY wild and crazy when he was trapped, very, very angry, where as the kitten girls and Dixie (the mom) really didn't make much noise at all. So maybe he was a bit older then them. Still no sign of him this afternoon. I went searching again just worried that he could have been hit by a car, or became ill and can't move, or worse.......
Thanks for the vibes.

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear! How distressing. I wish and hope he comes back.

Caring for ferals must be so difficult because of things like this.

I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Come on Yogi. Find your way home!

Robin

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Still no sign of him today
. He truly was my friend and I his and I can't help but get very sad
and heartsick thinking about something horrible happenning to him. He would have never left the yard or the neighbor's yard unless something made him.
Thanks for the kind words.

lovewhiskers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lauren I am so terribly sad to read this, I am actually crying. I know how much you love your feral kitties and it sounds like your heart tells you something bad happened to him. I pray that he is not sufferring somewhere and that if he is indeed gone, his passing was fast and painless. But maybe a miracle is at work because your love for him is so strong

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know what your going thru ...I'm going thru the same thing right now....the not knowing is very difficult and I am sorry

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nance

I know what your going thru ...I'm going thru the same thing right now....the not knowing is very difficult and I am sorry
I am sorry to hear that, Nance. Caring for ferals means so much to me but this is the part of it I cannot handle well. My heart is in it and when someone goes missing, they take a part of my heart with them. I wish I could do something but I am realistic about the situation and know that I have no control over their safety. They are on their own and that is the part that tears me up.

Thanks everyone for your prayers
. No sign of Yogi and at this point, I don't expect it. It has been a week.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't give up on him yet - my daughter's cat showed up after 10 days, and I had a cat turn up after 2 weeks once. Massive vibes from here that he will come back.

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you Lauren. I know you are grieving over the loss of Yogi. You've done what you can for him. At least he had shelter and regular meals because of you.

Ferals have a short life expectancy. So many things can go wrong. The anguish would be too much for me. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with it where I live as there are no ferals here. But I have a neighbor, a block away, who has been dedicated for many, many years to TNR and placing tame outside cats in homes. I really respect and appreciate what people like you and her do. The cost, financially and emotionally, is so high.

I'm so sorry.

Robin

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Lauren, do you have any pictures of Yogi you can put up around the neighborhood?
Yes, I did have only one of him sitting in the snow waiting for me in his usual spot but it is a bit blurry because it was snowing. I have gone to the "nice cat neighbors" to see if they have seen a long-haired black cat this week. Also, went to the houses next to ours on the next block and talked with a few people who were outside with their kids. Nothing.
The hardest part of this, is the not knowing. Also, I have not seen Boo Boo, Yogi's buddy (brother) in two days now. I have seen Dixie in the evenings as usual though. I wonder if Boo went looking for Yogi.

Thanks for the support and words everyone

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bastetservant

My heart goes out to you Lauren. I know you are grieving over the loss of Yogi. You've done what you can for him. At least he had shelter and regular meals because of you.

Ferals have a short life expectancy. So many things can go wrong. The anguish would be too much for me. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with it where I live as there are no ferals here. But I have a neighbor, a block away, who has been dedicated for many, many years to TNR and placing tame outside cats in homes. I really respect and appreciate what people like you and her do. The cost, financially and emotionally, is so high.

I'm so sorry.

Robin
Robin, thanks
for you kind words. This is the painful part of caring for these feral cats. I absolutely hate it and this is very hard to stomach, at least for me. If he never comes back, I will wonder about him for the rest of my life, that is how much he meant to me, he was always outside waiting for me, everyday, for many months. I was planning on re-trapping him this summer because I was getting closer and closer to him and would sit with him and he would stay and sit with me, about four feet apart. And we would just talk, cat talk
..... I wanted to see if he would want to become more socialized and I would take him in and work with him and try to find him a home. Now,
, I feel like I should have trapped him over the last two weeks and he would still be , well, you know.
Sorry, I am just sad this morning and feeling guilty like I let him down, even though, I know intellectually, I did not and could not have foreseen his disappearance.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Don't give up on him yet - my daughter's cat showed up after 10 days, and I had a cat turn up after 2 weeks once. Massive vibes from here that he will come back.
Thanks, Jenny. I will try, but don't feel it.... it just feels empty when I go outside now to feed.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

No sign of Yogi and at this point, I don't expect it. It has been a week.
I'm so sorry