Contest Yoga Cats - Sept 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea, the boys have very small incisions and usually the sutures for spays are internal and they glue the outside skin together but I guess it was a combination of little pieces of litter getting stuck in her incision (I tried to pick them out) and her biting/licking at it that got it infected. After they cleaned it out they stapled it together just to be sure it would stat more closed this time. I've never experienced a spay heal until Zelda got spayed so I freaked out over everything haha. But I'm so glad that's over with for now. No new cats/kittens for a few years until we move and have the space haha. Will still foster though! Look at the 2 kittens we've fostered so far
View attachment 197427
This guy we nicknamed Soot, who's name is now Levi
View attachment 197428
And this guy we nicknamed Cabbage (cow + tabby = cabby --> cabbage) (he had some stripes under his black layer), who's name is now Adonis
So adorable (of course!!!) and yes, they say all cats have stripes. :chessirecat: THANK YOU for fostering! I work for cats needing loving forever homes every day on social media and we are always encouraging people to see if they qualify to foster. It saves so many precious lives!:kneading:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So adorable (of course!!!) and yes, they say all cats have stripes. :chessirecat: THANK YOU for fostering! I work for cats needing loving forever homes every day on social media and we are always encouraging people to see if they qualify to foster. It saves so many precious lives!:kneading:
The shelter/rescue where I volunteer will only let you foster kittens. I wanted to foster an older cat and was told no because they wanted the cat at the facility where people could see her. I can see that point, but it also makes me sad when the older ones get stuck in the shelter and stay there for years. Does whoever you represent allow the older ones to be fostered?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The shelter/rescue where I volunteer will only let you foster kittens. I wanted to foster an older cat and was told no because they wanted the cat at the facility where people could see her. I can see that point, but it also makes me sad when the older ones get stuck in the shelter and stay there for years. Does whoever you represent allow the older ones to be fostered?
TYSM for caring about adult and mature cats! I don't represent for anyone specificially *except cats* but most of the advocacy I do is for the cats of the NYACC, and yes, they do allow fostering of adult cats. In fact, one of the cats we're really hoping finds his loving permanent home is a gorgeous panther prince of around 8, currently being fostered in what looks like a really nice home environment.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:(:bawling2::bawling: :disappointed: :sniffle: :headshake:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something I thought to add is that the cats at NYACC are advocated for by a group called Pets on Death Row (PoDR) on social media; these are the people I work through/with on social media. They post each cat's photo, videos if there are some, and profile listing all available information. So whatever the age of the cat or kitten, all of this is viewable by prospective adopters on social media, through the site PetHarbor.com. Your shelter/rescue should be doing the same. ALL of them should. Photos especially are essential in today's environment for getting them adopted, and statistics indicate that most companion animals are adopted through online sites in these times.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a hard time choosing just 1 entry, so I'm posting 4 (down from 12....)! I can only choose one, but by golly I will post all 4 and may just change my mind on which to enter (hey, i still have a day.. ;) )

The top one "Box Stretch" is my current entry, but I love all 4 so much I'll probably change my choice...

Box Stretch
View media item 419947
Super Content Stretch
View media item 419945
Assisted Stretch
View media item 419946
Kitten Super Stretch
View media item 419944

Status
Not open for further replies.