Would You Rather Be Single Or In a Relationship?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

My s/o is like that, too. Drives me nuts!
The last time we went out to eat, I asked him where he'd like to go. As usual, he said, "You choose." I told him no - YOU choose this time! I'm always the one who does the choosing!
He'll do that when we make plans to go somewhere, too.

It's no wonder his ex/wife walked all over him..

I can't say that my s/o is that bad. He usually can make that decision on his own.
He actually has chosen some pretty good gifts for me more than once - if you can believe that!

I may be grousing and venting here, but hey, we have been together for five years (almost). That's a world record for me. I do love him and care about him. We have a lot in common and have a really good time together. I just don't think we should be married. Frankly, I don't think I'M marriage material.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love having a best friend and significant other go thru everything in life together and growing older and wiser together!
Life is just richer sharing it with another person that you very much love and care about. It is a great experience and creates a deep meaningful relationship that I love to share with such a wonderful person

I wouldn't be married to just anyone though just to be with someone, that isn't worth the trouble to me personally. Has to be the right person.

jezmondo69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well im single at the minute and have been for about 6-7 months, but the last time i was in a serious relationship was over a year ago.

im not just saying it, i am happy being single, i like being able to do my own thing and not worry about entertaining someone all the time, worrying if they are bored, hungry, upset with me, wants to go out, wants to go home etc etc

its just easiest doing what i want at the minute, as someone else said i do wonder if i am marriage material myself??

BUT, when im with someone and everthing is great, i do enjoy it, and suddenly its not a burden making sure someone is happy and so on....

but if there are any nice single girls out there, say hi!!!!

mind you when you look like me its nio wonder im single!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I am fine being single, but I prefer to share my life with someone I care deeply about
altho, to date, that hasn't happened... still, hope springs eternal!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SINGLE! Lordy, I make terrible, stupid choices when it comes to men. I have been single for over 10 years (never married) and it just gets easier every year
I haven't dated in almost 10 years either. I started dating at 15 and quit around 34. That's a lot of dating - ya just get tired.

Case in point: the love of my life, the only man I ever actually "lived with". I was shattered after we broke up. Well, looked up his mom last summer and him later. He is still with the woman he left me for .... BUT he is also interested in well, men. And he is a cross-dresser. We have had conversations about how difficult it is to find a good size 13 spike heel. You would have never met a more macho, intolerant jerk of a man. Guess he was overcompensating back then, eh?

I do like men and if I came across a guy who was compatible, who I could put up with and who could put up with me, I might give it a go
Not looking, though!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

To me, it really is small wonder that surveys have shown the happiest and healthiest people are single women and married men. Duh!

-End of Rant -
I remember that study! Too true!

yourbriness763

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I say in a relationship but only if it's the right one & apparently I'm always going to wonder! I'm in a relationship of 3 yrs but I think I'm too selfish to be in a relationship because I don't compromise well...definitely could use some improvement in that area! Plus I hold grudges (also not a good thing) but he hasn't left so he must love something about me...

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

I have told him sometimes it would be nice if HE planned a night out or something. He told me, "well, you're so good at it!"
Reading that was like i was reading something i would have posted about my late husband

He was exactly the same, in other words we were in the married routine where he thought he didn't have to try anymore
Don't get me wrong i had everything i wanted, but i resented the fact that all days/night out were arranged by me because he thought "I was good at that sort of thing", and sadly, it was because of this that i left and it was too late for him to change by then

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
omg...im so much happy being taken. ive had a hard time with relationships my whole life, ive always had alot of guys like me but either i wouldnt like them or i would fall madly in love with them and dumped like a ton of bricks. i hated it. i never liked being single for more than a month, after that playing the field gets stupid and boring. i love having companionship, im a hopeless romantic. im so happy i met mark, we been together for 4 yrs and its been wonderful.....i finally found my soulmate

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Married,married, MARRIED!

I have been in and out of so many relationships that weren't right. Loved and lost. Been loved, but didn't love back, etc...

Finding my soulmate, my best friend, my lover, my love and being married to him is wonderful.

Sure marriage (and other permanent relationships) is give and take, but in a good marriage, the more you give, the more you receive.