Would you eat after your cat?

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. Anya always sticks her nose and tongue in my glasses or milk and cereal bowls if I leave them lying around. It's unavoidable.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I first adopted Katie more than 13 years ago, I would thought it was gross. Now, it's just part of life with cats!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't generally make a habit of sharing my food with Spike and Oz -- although if it falls on the floor and isn't bad for them, it's theirs -- but on the few occasions when they do manage to stick a paw or a nose in my food, it doesn't really bother me. They're healthy, I'm healthy, what's the harm? *shrug*

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

If you were eating a bowl of cereal and your cat came and took a lick out of the bowl, would you continue to eat your cereal or would you make another bowl?
You described my daily life. Yes, I just keep on eating

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats tongues contain bacterias that are foreign to our mouths and their systems can combat those bacterias better than ours can, so I wouldn't eat from the same bowl.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Lord, yes. Just think. You'd have more of a chance of "getting something" from kissing your boyfriend, husband, child, mother, aunt, sister, brother, etc. Yes, cats have different bacteria, but our systems usually are not affected by them.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I would...um even though Trout licks her own butt...On second thought...hmmm, I'll have to think this through..

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont let it bother me. Now if DH saw her he would probably make me throw out the food...hes a weirdo. I also agree though, if Ceci had just finished up a can of food and her face smelled funky I probably would throw it out.

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ashten tries to eat my ice cream all the time. Sometimes he sneaks a lick in. I don't waste a whole bowl of ice cream because of one lick! Just like others have mentioned, I've probably already ingested a cat hair or two!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Until I realized that 8-Bit could gain entry into the refrigerator with out my knowledge, I would have said no, but then I realized that I was most likely eating things that he had already sampled I gave up and moved on with my life.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jacob loves to sneak drinks out of my water glass and no ice cream cone is considered "safe" until Mr Jacob taste-tests it first (his rule, not mine).

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No way, no how, NO NO NO. I won't eat anything another human has licked, either. My husband laughs 'cause I'll kiss him all night long and then shudder, completely grossed out, if I mistakenly drink out of his water glass.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girlies share with me all the time. I keep my own water glasses all about for them to drink, Sierra loves bread, Serenity likes green beans, and they both enjoy baby lima beans and blackeyed peas. I don't give it a second thought, in fact, there's noone I'd more enjoy sharing with!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Cats tongues contain bacterias that are foreign to our mouths and their systems can combat those bacterias better than ours can, so I wouldn't eat from the same bowl.
Wyan you're such a spoil sport!

Jeesh, when I had my full quota of cats if I refused to eat every time a paw/tongue/whisker/tail got in something I'd be a lot skinnier! (Hmmm, now there's a diet tip!)

All the time. Bit different with the doggers - their tongues are A LOT bigger. Although I kiss them on their noses all the time and let them lick my face, so I guess I'd still eat something they licked...or maybe not....