Worst. Products. Ever.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought this would be an amusing thread to have going on during the holidays! I'm sure at some point you have been shopping and seen a product that just makes you think "who in the world would buy that?!"
So what products fit into this category?

For me:
the dog snuggie! Why? I mean the regular snuggie was bad enough but dogs dont need to use their front paws! I just had to laugh at that!

I had another that I thought of earlier but I cant remember to save my life! Oh well!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my god I saw the snuggie for dogs at pets mart when I was checking out and I was in SHOCK for how idiotic it seemed!!! Then I just laughed for a really long time .....

I can't really think of any other similar examples at the moment but yea, the snuggie for dogs seems way out there...

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those supposed "Hair Removal " deals. It's sand paper people!
"I will never have to shave again"
Well no, because you have just sanded off a good deal of skin along with the hair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Those supposed "Hair Removal " deals. It's sand paper people!
"I will never have to shave again"
Well no, because you have just sanded off a good deal of skin along with the hair.
Haha I actually tried this. I didnt pay for it though! It isnt bad, but its not good. About the only thing its good for is getting spots you missed while shaving! Other than that it takes about an hour and a half to do a good job on your legs...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think the dog snuggies would be that bad. Some dogs have very short coats and little body fat - or the owners like having the heat turned down to save money, and do need some clothing to help keep them warmer. It looks like a dog shirt to me.

Snuggies for people look stupid, though. However.. it's probably one of the few advertised products on tv that actually does work and doesn't break.

Has anyone seen the commercials for the Dreamies, yet?

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Haha I actually tried this. I didnt pay for it though! It isnt bad, but its not good. About the only thing its good for is getting spots you missed while shaving! Other than that it takes about an hour and a half to do a good job on your legs...
I also tried it, years ago, paid for it, it was not fun and it hurt!
They now have the teeny ones for the "bikini area" oh dear lord no way!
Think about that ladies, sand paper and that skin.
Are they insane?

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say one of them has to be Rejuvenique. It's an actual mask that is for rejuvenating your skin. The catch is that the mask is Michael Myers from the movie Halloween. I love horror movies and don't get scared easily, but even I think it's creepy.

Speaking of horrible products, if you want to see some strange creations, Google "regretsy" and go to the site. It's a woman's very sarcastic and sometimes funny responses to some bizarre stuff on etsy. I won't directly link it here because it contains some swearing and some sexual references.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DiDi 7. It was some stuff that got out grease and all kinds of stuff from clothing. It smelled like gasoline and didn't do what it claimed it did.

Any number of home electrolysis kits. I have 2 or 3 and none of them worked!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hair removal cream - I applied, waited for the correct amount of time then washed it off how they described and da da still had hairy legs

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

DiDi 7. It was some stuff that got out grease and all kinds of stuff from clothing. It smelled like gasoline and didn't do what it claimed it did.

Any number of home electrolysis kits. I have 2 or 3 and none of them worked!
Home electrolysis, I have scars form them. On my eyebrows and navel hair. It melted my flesh, not really the look I was going for.
(and that was probalby way too much info for you to all know abut me.)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a Slanket (came before the Snuggie, but with a much worse name
) and I LOVE curling up on the couch with it in front of the tv or with a good book

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I don't think the dog snuggies would be that bad. Some dogs have very short coats and little body fat - or the owners like having the heat turned down to save money, and do need some clothing to help keep them warmer. It looks like a dog shirt to me.

Snuggies for people look stupid, though. However.. it's probably one of the few advertised products on tv that actually does work and doesn't break.

Has anyone seen the commercials for the Dreamies, yet?
then buy them a coat or a sweater LOL! Seems like it would be a lot easier for the dogs to get out of :idk: Oh and the bichon in the commercial really needs some leash training lol!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mollysmom

I would say one of them has to be Rejuvenique. It's an actual mask that is for rejuvenating your skin. The catch is that the mask is Michael Myers from the movie Halloween. I love horror movies and don't get scared easily, but even I think it's creepy.

Speaking of horrible products, if you want to see some strange creations, Google "regretsy" and go to the site. It's a woman's very sarcastic and sometimes funny responses to some bizarre stuff on etsy. I won't directly link it here because it contains some swearing and some sexual references.
I LOVE THIS SITE! Its on my blogger reads lol! Some of it just makes you wonder about people!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

) and I LOVE curling up on the couch with it in front of the tv or with a good book
Snuggies make me jealous, one of those products you hit yourself upside the head going "Why did I not think of this???"

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I just got a Slanket for my birthday and LOVE IT! Its actaully make of real, nice fleece... not whaver that Snuggie thing is made out of, lol

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

I LOVE THIS SITE! Its on my blogger reads lol! Some of it just makes you wonder about people!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who keeps up with it

I thought I'd seen it all before I saw that site. . .how very wrong I was!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually wouldn't mind a snuggie, but I would attach ties or velcro on the back to hold it in place. Yeah, I will look like I'm a member of a deranged church choir, but if it does the job that's great. I draw the line at the dog snuggies though...I can just see that. Although, I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea for an older dog that isn't very active and has a problem with cold weather and his/her joints.

Mine is the epilady...tried it...once. That was it! I don't even know if they sell them now, but it cured me for any quick hair removal thing. Although I did try those wax strips...once. Still didn't hurt as bad but then again I'm a wuss and sloooowwlyyyyy pealed off the strips which of course ruin the entire idea. Maybe I should try again after a few shots of tequilla when I'm quite numb.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We seem to be about hair removal. lol.
Did the wax, I had big nasty bruises in places you do not want big nasty briuises (far to much info again, I know)
Was frightend of the Epilady, never tried it. "Hey,this looks like a mediveal torture device, lets try it!"

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I picked up a Snuggie for my sister's Jack Russell. I will let you know how it goes

You know what product I think is a huge joke? Those Easy Off Microwave Oven pouch cleaners. You heat it up and it explodes releasing a hot cleaning mist. I think boiling a cup of water would work better than that stuff.