WORRIED, Angel having trouble peeing again!

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww..lookit him the sweet boy! That's for when he gets his fluids?
Mazy actually TELLS me now when she is going to go down to the boxes to pee, in case I want to stick a strip under her, or a test tube or something. She doesn't know WHY I do these things, but she does know it is important to me, and so she lets me know.
Or disect any palindromes?

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or disect any palindromes? :clap:
:lol3: No, actually Mazy is a very private pooper. She lets me do almost anything to or around her when she pees, but she will step from box to box to box, back and forth waiting for me to go away, when she has to poop.

Anyway, Kelly I'm glad Angel is doing so well, the sweet boy.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Toby & otto. Yes, that is when I give him fluids. (every other day).  I close the bathroom door, or he would be outta there!  I just make sure I stay standing, or squatting in front of him.

I tried to massage the area around the site as suggested to help the fluid disperse better, but he was not having it! I think that's when I got hissed at Sunday. "Oh well." 

I'll be glad when were all done, & hopefully for good this time! (I'm scared to see my next care Credit bill between August still on there & now the E.R & the vet again!) 

NO more dry food as snacks, that's for sure!!  I guess I'll be giving an almost full bag of Natural Balance Duck & Green Pea away.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, saw these Cranberry Relief treats at Pet Super Market at the end of last week. Thought they would be a good thing to get for Angel & have been giving them to him 2xs/day as the bag says. Anyone seen these before? Opinions?   Also found these freeze dried Duck liver treats. It's just duck liver, so is safe to give, even though it was in the dog section. (Because of his itchy skin, I go by the holistic Chinese Med. of not giving him "warming foods," so no chicken, which is in EVERYTHING! he can do beef, duck, & turkey, but it's hard to find affordable treats that don't have chicken in them).

I just break up a piece & give it to him. They are pretty soft & crumble easily.

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's interesting that Catnip is the first inactive ingredient!  That's a good tip about finding the dried liver in the dog section, I am not seeing any freeze dried liver in the cat section where I go, Thanks!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you using the cranberry to lower his urine pH? You might want to read this first. Cranberries are a problem for kitties, even though so many foods contain them, and so many supplements marketed for cats are sold with them. :( http://www.thecatsite.com/t/245844/cranberry#post_3220685

With Spooky, I'm using the amino acid methionine, 1/3 of a 500mg capsule sprinkled on each meal (until her pH stabilizes - I use pH test strips) to keep her urine pH between 6.25 and 6.5.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you using the cranberry to lower his urine pH? You might want to read this first. Cranberries are a problem for kitties, even though so many foods contain them, and so many supplements marketed for cats are sold with them.
http://www.thecatsite.com/t/245844/cranberry#post_3220685
With Spooky, I'm using the amino acid methionine, 1/3 of a 500mg capsule sprinkled on each meal (until her pH stabilizes - I use pH test strips) to keep her urine pH between 6.25 and 6.5.
No, his pH has been fine. I just thought sense it was a cranberry supplement treat, that it would be good, sense he is having this issue, but I will read the artical. Thanks Laurie!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just read the thread link.  OMG!!!  Laurie, Thank you sooo much!! Angel will NOT be getting those anymore. He's had them for 8 days now, so I hope I didn't do any damage! 

I feel like a bad mommy! But thought I was giving him something good.
 Stupid companies!!!  They should really have to know what they are doing, & have proof, before using an ingredient!!

Geez, "We need a TCS hot line number to call when standing in a store looking at something like that & wondering." It would be nice to get a knowledgeable opinion when your unsure.

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just read the thread link.  OMG!!!  Laurie, Thank you sooo much!! Angel will NOT be getting those anymore. He's had them for 8 days now, so I hope I didn't do any damage! 

I feel like a bad mommy! But thought I was giving him something good.
 Stupid companies!!!  They should really have to know what they are doing, & have proof, before using an ingredient!!

Geez, "We need a TCS hot line number to call when standing in a store looking at something like that & wondering." It would be nice to get a knowledgeable opinion when your unsure.
You could never be a bad mommy if you tried!  You were doing the best you could

I agree about the TCS hot line!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could never be a bad mommy if you tried!  You were doing the best you could

I agree about the TCS hot line!
Thanks Toby!!  Yes, I know, when I was in the store, I was wishing I did have one of these experts numbers!

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Come to think of it, I think they have cranberry treats for cats at the place I go.  I will check when I'm there next week. 

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure you didn't do any damage! :hugs: I'm just glad WhollyCat posted about the issue, because most pet stores DO have cranberry treats. And a lot of cat food has cranberries in it. :(

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And a lot of cat food has cranberries in it.
Wow, I just looked at what's left of the kibble here and right smack in the middle of the ingredient list is cranberries, apricots and cherries!  The brand is Nutri Source PureVita.   This is considered a premium grain free kibble that I was leaving out for grazing.  I think I even saw those ingredients and thought it sounded healthy!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be throwing the bag away!  To bad someone can't use it, a dog maybe?? (My sister has two, a lab & a Maltese).

I only used a weeks worth. To much used to take back, & don't have the receipt anymore anyway.

Last edited: