Worried about Tiger again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WEll, she has put weight on, and has kept her food down for ages now, she is still limping though, but while she is eating well, and being her usual fiesty self, I am not going to push for any more tests.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Jean, I hope she continues to do well, although I know there is a chance this is a cancerous tumour - but, it is a slow growing one, so we could have lots of time together yet - well, sharing a house at least, she is back to her 'don't do humans' mode, and hasn't sat with me for ages!!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not had a good couple of days with her, she has been sick 3 times this week (2 times in one day, then once the day after), and is limping quite badly - but is happy to play!! She has been grumpy this week though. Vet has recommended MEtacam and more Katalax, but reluctant to take her up, as unless we either knock her out or do exploratory surgery, we can't find out anymore, so it is more a case of managing things to keep her quality of life.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

Not had a good couple of days with her, she has been sick 3 times this week (2 times in one day, then once the day after), and is limping quite badly - but is happy to play!! She has been grumpy this week though. Vet has recommended MEtacam and more Katalax, but reluctant to take her up, as unless we either knock her out or do exploratory surgery, we can't find out anymore, so it is more a case of managing things to keep her quality of life.
I send love, hugs, and kisses to the sweet angel kitty.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks - although I might not be able to pass on teh hugs and kisses, she doesn't really like those!! A few nose/head strokes might be acceptable to the madam though.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear your girl has been vomiting. Here are some healthy vibes to put a stop to that. Playing is good, though. Hugs and positive thoughts to all.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I hope it is just furballs.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sorry to hear she is getting achey and vomiting again
as long as she's still feisty she'll be fine!!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks - she has barely eaten tonight, so gave her extra Katalax, and will try her again in the morning. I am hoping while she is trying to attack me for nothing and responding when you put some string near her, it is a good sign. I Truly hope she sees Christmas - she doesn't look like she is losing weight, which is anohter good sign. I have an overnight stay next weekend though, so she might not eat then either, and while my neighbours will pop in and feed them twice, there are no guarantees she will eat for them.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will try, but she hasn't tolerated much fuss today!!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After talking to a friend last night, I think Tiger's current limp is her arthritic hips, as it is worse after she has been sat or sleeping for a period of time. Think I might look into some supplements, but when I put Metacam in her food, she doesn't always want to eat it, so she might do the same whatever I give her.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your thought about the arthritis sounds logical. Is the limp getting any worse? How is her activity level? Is her appetite better than it was earlier this month?

More positive thoughts, vibes and hugs to Tiger and you.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would certainly prefer it to be arthritis!! ERm, not sure really, as it is mainly when she has been asleep or sat down for a while, I dont really notice it any other time. She isn't playing as much, and has been very grumpy this week. She is fussier with her wet food, I Think she just gets bored though, I need to order more of a variety of food next week!!

Thanks.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

After talking to a friend last night, I think Tiger's current limp is her arthritic hips, as it is worse after she has been sat or sleeping for a period of time. Think I might look into some supplements, but when I put Metacam in her food, she doesn't always want to eat it, so she might do the same whatever I give her.
I am praying for the sweet baby.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not the best news, her hip is worse, and we are running out of options for pain control, and if we can't control it, I might have to make a decision. Off my head, I think she has had Metacam, steroids (although that was for her tummy, but it didn't help her limp either), cartrophen, and we are now trying Rimadyl. Ultimately though, even if the Rimadyl does work, I know I am only buying her time, as we still dont know if the leg is cancerous, and she does still have 2 arthritic hips.
Her chest fortunately sounds clear (although the vet worried me by how long she listened for!!). And the vet has recommended Katalax/Lactulose for a few days due to the blood in the tray, she has already had Katalax for the past few days. I am concerned about how crazy she is getting over food though.

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here are lots of healing vibes for Tiger

I know you are at your wits end trying to help her, but I'm concerned that the vet has recommended Rimadyl for her. Phitzer (sp.?) the company that makes Rimadyl states that it is absolutely not for cats.
A university web site stated that injectable form is approved for use in the UK but not the oral form. Maybe, a call to your vet to double check would be in order?

Here are more vibes just for you

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had issues with the Rimadyl too - it wasn't actually my vet that prescribed them, they were given my by rescues vet for a different cat, but it is the only thing left that we can try - we do know there is a risk of side effects (in the UK, it is similar to Metacam, not licenced, but has been used in cats), but the alternative is leaving a cat in pain, so it is a tricky situation really, but at 14, with 2 arthritic hips and either a tumour or chronic inflammation in one of her knees, she isn't going to have a long life, so we feel it is worth a go.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise