Worried about Tiger again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not having a good day unfortunately, she has had some Almo Nature which is pretty much pure chicken, and brought it up, then I got her the chicken and rice special food rather than the duck and rice and she has brought that up as well. Will have to keep an eye on her, and fingers crossed it isn't anythign too serious.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear that tiger is having a bad day. I hope she feels better later and is able to keep her food down. Feel better vibes to Tiger.

So, the vet says the thyroid problem indicates another serious issue. Have none of the blood tests indicated anything that would give the vet a clue? I may hve missed this somewhere but is she being treated for the thyroid problem?

Hugs to both of you. I know this situation is difficult for you.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys - gave her dry food for her supper, and she kept that down, then I realised she hadn't brought up any dry food at all yesterday, there was dark bits, but I suspect that is Lucys wet food, so she is now being fed upstairs so Tiger can't get at it!! She had a small amount of wet today with mainly dry, she wolfed the wet and has only picked at the dry!! Have given her some Antepsin that the vet gave me for her tummy, she didn't like it, but hopefully it will work.
Jean - no, they know from the thyroid being suppressed that something is going on outside the kidneys, but the rest of the bloods were fine, there was a couple that were ever so slightly different, but not enough to indicate anything, the ultrasound was also clear, so it could be related to the leg (she is limping quite badly today). Vet said there was no need for treating the thyroid, so she is currently on no meds at all, apart from what I have given her this morning for her tummy.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She hasn't been sick since fortunately, she is just back on demanding food constantly, am going to take her with Lucy to be weighed on teh 23rd, if she has put on weight, I wont bother too much, but if she continues to lose weight while demanding food, I dont know what we will do next. I have bought her chicken and white fish to help vary her diet, as well as supermarket own brand food in case it was the high meat content food she couldnt tolerate.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WAs really pleased with her last night, she was back into demanding food big style, but keeping everything down and playing lots - I did say to my friend that I hoped her sudden change of character was a good thing. Have had to come home for lunch though, as she has been sick 3 times so far today, so am not going to give her any dinner, and either chicken or white fish for tea. Have got a provisional appointment for tonight for her, but she isn't dehydrated and I have anti-sickness meds in, so not sure whether to put her through the stress of the journey, and the fact we would be at the other branch, so a vet she has never seen before. Am waiting for my normal vet to finish operating so I can have a chat with her and decide what to do next. Have been trying to work out why she has been sick, I have introduced normal cat food to her sensitivity again, she had Morrisons own on Sun and was fine, Asda own yesterday and was fine, Whiskas today and has been sick. So, if it is the best case scenario and just a food intolerance, she can cope with some wet foods but not others. She doesn't bring dry up at all, but convincing her to eat a dry only diet is tricky. her limp has been a bit more pronounced, but it is normally after she has been sat/laid down for a while. So, please keep your fingers crossed this is just a temporary blip and not the start of something more serious.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks - she has kept everything down since, but has only been given white fish and dry food - why can't she just eat purely dry, as she never brings it up??? But give it to her and she fusses for more, including going to try and find Lucy's leftovers (and my attempt to get Lucy to eat upstairs failed miserably!!)

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has been fussy again tonight, I am getting to the stage where I am going to have to decide whether to keep her on bland food so she is well, but put up with her seeming hungry yet not liking what you put down, or give her what I know she will wolf down, but potentially could make her sick - in which case she will still be asking for food as she will have an empty belly. She isn't that keen on fish or chicken, but they have both been microwaved, which is'nt normal. Not noticed much improvement on the Antepsin either. Going to get the small bags of JWB at weekend, so she can have a choice of flavours.
Another odd thing today was she decided not to stop at scratching the spare mattress, but to climb it as well (never tried it in all her time here) - sadly, she didn't get down as well, and has been limping ever since, it was a hell of a thud, not sure how much she jumped rather than slid. Here is a pic of the cheeky madam on the mattress!!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things are looking better, I have found a food routine that seems to be helping, she hasn't been sick for over a week, is demanding food lots, playing and she had even put 100g on when weighed on Thurs. So, just the limp to deal with now.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

Things are looking better, I have found a food routine that seems to be helping, she hasn't been sick for over a week, is demanding food lots, playing and she had even put 100g on when weighed on Thurs. So, just the limp to deal with now.
I am glad to hear this. Hug the darling kitty for me!

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so good to hear that Tiger is feeling and eating better. She must feel better if she's climbing on the mattress. More positive vibes and hugs for both of you.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, she is still doing well on supermarket own brand food and good quality dry, so I am happy. Now her tummy is under control, I am debating whether it is worth putting her through the exploratory surgery on her leg. The only thing putting me off is if it does show cancer, as we can't do anything about it, so is getting that diagnosis really important?

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as Tiger is eating well and not in a lot of pain from her leg I think I'd agree with you about delaying the surgery. Her situation seems to be improving overall and there's no sense in risking a set back.

Hugs and good thoughts to both of you.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like I spoke too soon, we have had a bad morning - she was acting weird this morning, really desperate for food to the stage she was getting aggressive. Then decided not to eat everything I gave her, and has been sick, plus there is some dodgy poo in the tray. I had increased the amount of wet food she had, so will try knocking that down again and hope it helps. The problem with her leg is I dont know if she is in pain, I can only go off her moods, but she is a temperamental cat anyway.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she has been doing better since, she has acted like she had a furball today, so has had some Katalax, and have introduce some Bozita in with her 'cheap supermarket food'. Her limp seems to be slighly worse, but apart from being more aggressive, it isn't bothering her, she is demanding food a lot again.