Worried about my cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Makes my heart ache knowing those feelings, the sadness and the torment is inescapable........Big sigh.

Thanks. Little Lion is only three and  a half, making it even more shocking, considering FIP is mostly only seen in the very young, and the very old of cats.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks. Little Lion is only three and  a half, making it even more shocking, considering FIP is mostly only seen in the very young, and the very old of cats.
True, by far the most common age is between 4 months and about 14 months. Chance drops way down beyond then, and dramatically drops after 18 months-2 yrs.

Ugly, and so unfair. Tragic for something like this to even exist.

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

True, by far the most common age is between 4 months and about 14 months. Chance drops way down beyond then, and dramatically drops after 18 months-2 yrs.

Ugly, and so unfair. Tragic for something like this to even exist.
It makes me wonder if this is a misdiagnosis, but what else could cause fluid in the lungs, a lowered appetite, and that uneven pupil? It's devastating. If a cure for it existed, I would pay as much as needed to get it. I have read about trials for FIP treatments, but nothing solid exist yet.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The thing to remember is, while this is the most commonly seen age, it doesn't mean other ages don't get it, actually I was just recently given advice and support to a member here who's cat at 6 years old had it. It's out there plenty, just not the highest percentage age-wise.

Correct, there really is nothing. I wish there were, even a small chance of recovery.

lucia123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Why don't you try colloidal silver find a good brand, ask around i'm from europe so i can't help you by advising a good brand. You have special droppers at the pharmacy which are scaled in ml's. What i would also advice you is go to a homeopathic vet... i've seen them do miracle stuff  in cases which normal vet's could not help anymore .I had such an experience so i'm talking real life stuff here. You can use the colloidal silver also with ordinary meds from the vet, i know that it's possible am a fan of colloidal silver have 4 books about it, read all of them and have been using it for years also for animals dogs and cats .But really also vist a homeopathy vet . Love and hugs for you and your little one.

Last edited by a moderator:

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. I lost an adult cat and a kitten to FIP about 5 years ago. It is impossible to be sure of the diagnosis, as you know, but gradually as the disease progresses, it becomes more and more sure. ANd if it is FIP, then there really is nothing to be done. It is a horrible thing.

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. I lost an adult cat and a kitten to FIP about 5 years ago. It is impossible to be sure of the diagnosis, as you know, but gradually as the disease progresses, it becomes more and more sure. ANd if it is FIP, then there really is nothing to be done. It is a horrible thing.
It's hard to put into words just how horrible it is. Ever since I found out on Saturday that Little Lion has FIP I have been in a constant state of sadness. The vet called yesterday and said those feel good meds won't work forever. That, coupled with my grandfather holding Little Lion and calling her his 'Forever Friend' made me cry. We love that little cat so much. I feel so powerless right now. I saved her in the summer of 2013, when I found her as a malnourished, nearly dead stray kitten, and I would give anything if I could save her again.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
This is absolutely heartbreaking. It could still be a misdiagnosis, though. Did your vet do a biopsy or how was it diagnosed? If it is FIP, ask your vet about obtaining a polyprenyl immunostimulant, which can increase life expectancy in FIP cats. My heart and my prayers go out to you, your grandfather, and your sweet kitty.

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is absolutely heartbreaking. It could still be a misdiagnosis, though. Did your vet do a biopsy or how was it diagnosed? If it is FIP, ask your vet about obtaining a polyprenyl immunostimulant, which can increase life expectancy in FIP cats. My heart and my prayers go out to you, your grandfather, and your sweet kitty.
No, they only said it was FIP because nothing else matched up.

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This whole situation has me emotionally wrecked. I am supposed to graduate college in May, but my cat being in this condition makes it nearly impossible to concentrate on studying, or focus on anything much. I have never felt this bad before. I also have a hard time sleeping ever since I found this out. I love Little Lion so much, and would give anything to make her well again. Not being able to is tearing me up inside.

lucia123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been looking through my books for you, I would still recommend the colloidal silver and since it's a virus i would also give vitamin  C and L-Lysine, stops the virusses from replicating . Go to a homeopathic vet i can't stress that enough ....they have what they call nosodes for every type of disease , they can also make a personalized nosode for your cat .This is a very serious disease if you have other cat's they can get infected too.Please for your sake and your cat's gather yourself together and fight for your little one .Borrow the money for the homeopatic vet if you have no money anymore, the vitamin C and Lysine are not expensive and the colloidal silver you could buy a small bottle from 250 ml or even less . In one of my books i came upon a doctor called Wendel Belfield who had achieved complete remission of FIP with high vitamin IV's twice a day for a period of five days i don't know if this is feasable or too expensive . If you go to the homeopatic vet also ask him if he can give you either Formic acid or beevenom in homeopatic dose this means dilutions upon dilutions so not harmfull to your cat , these two venoms kill off a lot of diseases, what is also remarkable is propolis tincture although it should be given together with other things so as to attack from different angles.If you are interested i can look up what the dose would be from the vit C and lysine and the other stuff , but go to the homeopatic vet.Let me now if you want further information now go gather yourself and shake off your depression it's no good for the both of you and depression never cured any disease fighting spirit does.

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
No, but her lungs are full of fluid. Her belly however is just fine.
The abdomen fills with fluid for wet FIP, causing a pot-bellied appearance. Since she doesn't have this symptom, it might still be a misdiagnosis. Did you try taking her to another vet to get a second opinion? Are you sure it's not pheumonia or lymphoma?

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The abdomen fills with fluid for wet FIP, causing a pot-bellied appearance. Since she doesn't have this symptom, it might still be a misdiagnosis. Did you try taking her to another vet to get a second opinion? Are you sure it's not pheumonia or lymphoma?
They never mentioned pneumonia or lymphoma. I haven't, yet. But I really should. Looked those both up, and both of them cause similar symptoms, other than the eye thing.

tml1991

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I made a mistake with my last post. Lymphoma was the other possible disorder they said could be causing this.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, go ahead and check out these possibilities. And, don't disregard the fact that the eye and lung issues might not be related. It's entirely possible for a cat to just randomly have both pneumonia or lymphoma and an eye infection at the same time. Unfortunately, not all veterinarians have the same skill set, so you could also go to another vet to get a second opinion. Do you have a veterinary school anywhere close to where you live? These often have clinics and the veterinarians teaching there are usually very knowledgeable.

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello your cats eye and breathing problems sounded like my cats, a URI until you get to the fluid in or around the lungs.
I am sorry for you and her that she's so ill and am also wondering when it might be time to let my cat go.
I am trying to think of my neighbors example this fall the 10 year old golden lab wasn't well, they took her for a beach trip at a cabin not really that far from home and were taking her to the vet mid week during the trip. Cancer was confirmed so they went home Friday and Saturday and she was not well but the Sunday it was sunny and she walked up the field and ate bacon and eggs and what ever else she wanted , and laid in the sun well they did some yard work. They put her down the next day so she would not have any more hard days like the Friday and Saturday.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
If it is a URI, like howmany suggests, that can be treated.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hey, I was just wondering how Little Lion is doing. It's been a while since you posted. A great thing about TCS is that you have a whole community of cat lovers who want to help you and give you support no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.