Working from home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m always grateful that, poor though our social security payments are, at least we have them! In all honesty if I had had a job that paid the rent I probably would have put Mum in a home long since, but even when we were both working - and they weren’t minimum wage jobs by a long way - we couldn’t afford to live separately.
Yes, I hear Australia's big cities, especially are very costly, particularly Sydney.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I hear Australia's big cities, especially are very costly, particularly Sydney.
Yes, our cost of living has always been stupid high in my lifetime, and I think Sydney is one of the worst. I’m in a regional city in Victoria now, and being in a retirement village at least the only utilities I pay for are electricity and my internet - the water is covered by the rent, as are the fairly ho-hum meals I’ve complained about elsewhere, lol. I don’t know what the rents are like in the rest of this city, we only moved here into the village.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could work from home but never experienced it. On the other hand, it may not work for me as I imagine Graham's endless complaining and rants in the background and i would probably not be able to concentrate.

Neely took over the computer so I had to end up getting a laptop
Neely's beautiful!

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s not a job I’d wish on anyone, tbh. My mother has vascular dementia from a stroke. At least it’s not Alzheimers, there’s no personality changes or sundowning and so on.
I can relate. It is one of the hardest things that anyone will ever have to do. Some days you think that you're not going to make it but you keep pushing on. They deserve nothing less. My MIL had all of those things. My heart goes out to you. If you ever need an outlet, just DM me. :bouquet: