Work Woes

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a truck returned today from the auto electricians after a major electrical short that burnt out gauges, radio etc.etc. I signed it off and paid the bill and few hours later checked the truck out.
Found the radio would only operate when the headlights were turned on..I didn't know whether to laugh or cry..lol
Mechanics and auto electricians drive me crazy.
I leave tomorrow for 3 weeks vacation..I just cant wait or else going to go nuts!!!!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once had to re-wire the dash of one of our trucks after a short. It was ever so much fun working without the benefit of a wiring diagram- just a bunch of melted wires. It took me 2 days to figure out where everything went, but it all worked when I was done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once had to re-wire the dash of one of our trucks after a short. It was ever so much fun working without the benefit of a wiring diagram- just a bunch of melted wires. It took me 2 days to figure out where everything went, but it all worked when I was done.
You did well..auto electrics confuse me the way they switch negatives and things like that.
Put a trailer plug on a friends Audi once and the motor wouldnt start..had to tow it to the shop...one of those "what the.." moments