Word aversion: Words that irritate you for no reason

Jahpan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lets see theres: (i guess more phrases than words.)
“Just saying”
Salmon (when they pronounce the L 🤦🏼‍♀️ in it)
“Whattee” (just say what! >>)
Bro (this little girl constantly been saying it!! I work for a preschool 3-5 yr olds)
“Well technically”
“But to be fair…”

Jahpan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone have a word that really shouldnt irritae them but does anyways?

For me clowder is one of those words. I can't really explain it but just hearing someone verbaly say it makes my skin crawl and gives me that nails on a chalkboard feeling.

Puss or pussy is another even if being used to affectionetly refer to a cat it just feels wierd
I totally agree with you on the word Pussy, it totally makes me cringe every time when addressed for cats!

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If I were Editor Of The World, I would ban the word literally. It's either used incorrectly ("I literally died of embarrassment when she met me wearing that dress!" If you literally died of embarrassment, this would be a funeral) or redundantly ("The sky is literally blue, this morning." This is the same as saying "The blue sky is blue").

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know of someone who pronounces "buffet" (the food variety) as "BuffeT" (like Jimmy Buffett). People got on her for it, and now, she does it purposely to troll everyone. At this point, it's actually kind of funny.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
For many pepple "moist" is apperenty an adversion word.

"Wet" or "mushy" are ones for me especialy when refering to food (thats why youll only see me call canned cat food canned on this form). "Moist" just makes me think of a fresh cake.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Much. Not the word specifically when used properly. But in a phrase. (ex.) If a person sees someone they like with someone else, then the term "jealous much?" is used.
Makes me want to tear my hair out.
Grammar fails people sometimes.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When everything someone does has to be referred to as a "journey". I get weight loss journeys, self help journeys, etc., but if you're drinking a glass of water, it's drinking a glass of water, not a "hydration journey". :lol:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"Darling." I don't know if I've heard anyone say it, but it's in enough books. I don't even read romance novels, yet there it is, "Darling, I am going to the store." "Okay, my love, I will see you when you get home. And darling, whatever you do, please don't forget to pick up a loaf of marbled rye."

iPappy iPappy that is hilarious. :spew:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
"Darling." I don't know if I've heard anyone say it, but it's in enough books. I don't even read romance novels, yet there it is, "Darling, I am going to the store." "Okay, my love, I will see you when you get home. And darling, whatever you do, please don't forget to pick up a loaf of marbled rye."
Actually...I use the term "Darling" regularly. Of course when I do I am talking to my cats! Truly, what is more darling than a cat?