Wondering when the kittiens are going to make their debut...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I gave momma some KMR mixed with her wet food but i'm still a bit concerned. I weighed them at 1PM, 6PM, and just now at 11PM and these were the weigh-ins:

Zeus- 232.3 g -> 235.6g -> 235g = a total gain of 2.7 grams in 10 hours and 3 grams in 34 hours.

Hercules- 207.1g -> 211.1g -> 211.6g = a total gain of 4.5 grams in 10 hours and 11 grams in 34 hours.

Ares- 229.4g -> 229.0g -> 229.5g = a total gain of .1 grams in 10 hours and 10.8 grams in 34 hours.

Aphrodite- 210.4g -> 208g -> 205g= a total LOSS of 5.4 grams in 10 hours and gain of 7.5 grams in 34 hours.

Athena- 230 -> 222.7 -> 219.8 = a total LOSS of 10.2 grams in 10 hours and a gain of 8.6 grams in 34 hours.

i'm really worried. Am I overanalyzing things- or should I be worried? Should the kittens be losing weight? I used to be able to feel large masses of milk on momma, now she feels pretty flat and I can no longer squeeze milk out of any of her nipples.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No milk in mum does sound worrying.  Have you given your vet a ring?  If you need to start supplementing it's good to get shown how first.

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've supplemented before with previous litters i've rescued, so I have no problem with that. I weighed them this morning however and their weights are pretty good- so obviously she has milk in her- and even if I can't get it out obviously they can! I do have KMR now present though, I gave momma some last night and i'll have it available should the kittens need it (hopefully not). I suppose my boyfriend and I were just overanalyzing- worried grandparents lol. It seems their weigh-ins alternate, the kittens who gain 15-20 grams one day are then only gaining 1-10 grams the next day and vice versa.

Day 10 weigh-in

Zeus- 247.8g ---> +15.5g

Hercules- 216.2g ---> +9.1g

Ares- 240.5g ---> +11.1g

Aphrodite- 219.9g ---> +9.5g

Athena- 233.2g ---> +3.2g

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Day 11 weigh-in

Zeus- 260.3 ---> +12.5g

Hercules- 231.4g ---> +15.2 g

Ares- 250.6 ---> +10.1g

Aphrodite- 231.1 g ---> +11.2g

Athena- 249.3g ---> +16.1g

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Day 12 weigh-in

Zeus- 270.8g ---> +10.5g

Hercules- 241.2g ---> +9.8g

Ares- 258.3g ---> +7.7g

Aphrodite- 237.2g ---> +6.1g

Athena- 254.6g ---> +5.3g

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Day 13 weigh-in

Zeus- 285.2g ---> +14.4g

Hercules- 251.4g ---> +10.2g

Ares- 274.6g ---> +16.3g

Aphrodite- 247.2g ---> +10g

Athena- 263.3g ---> +8.7g

All of the babes have their eyes fully open, except for Zeus. Each of his are about half way open, he's the fluffiest of them all so i'm wondering if he's a medium or long-haired.

nikkigrant99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
they doin great with the weigh ins arent they! u got any recent pics? im so happy to hear they coming along well, cant wait for my lil babies to open their eyes. are they crawling about yet?

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes they are crawling around and even starting to wrestle each other and their momma's face a little! It's way too adorable. Sadly, just got news that the couple who was supposed to take Aphrodite got approved at a new place, but can not have more cats than the two that they do have. So looks like i'll be searching for another furever home for her. Oh well- it wasn't meant to be. New pictures coming up NOW! Babies are two week old tomorrow between 6-9 am! All eyes are fully open!!!

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
CUTENESS WARNING!!! PICTURES <3

Zeus:

Ares:

Hercules:

Aphrodite:

Athena:

and even with the sad news about Aphrodite's adoption, I now have great news! Little Ares *hopefully* has his furever home in line! An awesome couple who has 1 spayed indoor cat who is 7 years old. They gave me their vet name and # and also said I can come over to see their house if it will make me feel more comfortable to see where he will be living :) I am VERY excited.

bellesmama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwww oh my gosh!!!! It really is cuteness overload!!!! They are all so adorable! I am waiting for mamas to deliver... Playing the waiting game, hoping in the near future they will make their way into this world!

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Slacking on updating the weigh-ins.

Day 14 weigh-in

Zeus- 297.2 g ---> +12g

Hercules- 258.1g ---> +6.7g

Ares- 277.6g ---> +3g

Aphrodite- 260.8g ---> +13.6g

Athena- 278.5g ---> +15.2g

Day 15 weigh-in

Zeus- 323g ---> +25.8g

Hercules- 287.3g ---> +29.8g

Ares- 289.6g ---> +12g

Aphrodite- 266.3g ---> +5.5g

Athena- 289.8g ---> +14.3g

and total weight gains for the first two weeks:

Zeus has gained a total of 212.3 grams!

Hercules has gained a total of 199.1 grams!

Ares has gained a total of 187.4 grams!

Aphrodite has gained a total of 172.2 grams!

Athena has gained a total of 191.9 grams!

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Day 16 weigh-in

Zeus- 339.6g ---> +13.6g

Hercules- 298.9g ---> +16.6g

Ares- 299.1g ---> +9.5g

Aphrodite- 281.5g ---> +15.2g

Athena- 293.4g ---> +3.5g

Day 17 weigh-in

Zeus- 352.6g ---> +13g

Hercules- 306.5g ---> +7.6g

Ares- 316.9g ---> +17.8g

Aphrodite- 285.7g ---> +4.2g

Athena- 309.5g ---> +16.1g

The kittens are all progressing amazingly, soon i'll be having to place them in a box instead of just the floor of the closet, they're starting to be more and more mobile and faster every day. They all also each have their own personalities growing each day and it's so freaking cute. Zeus is the laid back boy, curious but never first to jump into anything. Hercules is an absolute sweetheart, and has stolen my heart. He reminds me so much of my Monster who I recently lost.. I honestly don't see how i'll be able to get rid of him. He's the only one who is completely content with laying with me for as long as I please, he loves rolling on his back and attacking your hand as you give him tummy pets. He's always play attacking his brothers and sisters. Ares is pretty laid back too, but he's a leader and is one of the first to investigate further from the play area. He also will fight to the death over one of momma's nipples! Haha. Aphrodite is the LOUDEST even though she is the smallest. She has cattitude and lets you know it. She's also very playful. Athena is SUPER calm and quiet and seems to just love laying next to mommy and watching her brother's and sister's get into mischief- although she's definitely curious and a constant surveyor.

Momma is THE best momma cat I have ever seen. I've dealt with 3 rescue/stray mommas, and she rarely ever leaves her babies side. She's constantly grooming them and stimulating them to go potty, keeping them clean. She leaves to eat and potty, and that's really it. Maybe an hour a day collectively- and if she hears a mew she's AUTOMATICALLY back in the closet. She keeps a close eye on me when i'm weighing them [the babes dont like it and are very vocal] but other than that she has no problem with us loving on her babies and seems more comfortable leaving when i'm there to be sitter and watch over them.

Athena and Zeus will be going to a furever home together- which I couldn't be more happier with. I've talked to this woman a lot and she seems very responsible and capable of taking care of the two, as well as a great pet history and i'm just completely content with knowing these kittens will be going to a new home. Ares will be going to a home that has one other cat, a 7 year old female. The woman and her husband are looking for a companion for their shy cat, as well as the husband! Apparently the 7 y.o. cat is the wife's absolute princess and lap guard, so the husband is jealous and decided it's time for his own best friend!!! Haha. He will be an indoor cat with an occasional outside play day under supervision. They also gave me the name and # to their vet and invited me to their home to inspect :) I feel like these are responsible people and will be a great home for him.

Aphrodite had one person who was interested, but after some moving issues they can no longer take her. Hercules hasn't had ANY inqueries- which honestly i'm perfectly fine with. In my heart and mind, he's mine. Just need to convince the boyfriend. Haha. Also been talking to him about making an outdoor enclosure so our kitties can still enjoy what they love the most without being at risk for being hit by cars [RIP Monster], hurt by predators, or worse.

feegee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I loved reading your thread, it encouraged me to join and share Ningas pregnancy. Your mummy and babies are certaintly stunning, I can't wait to meet Ningas new family (hopefully soon)

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So glad you joined!!! The waiting game is a WHOLE LOT OF FUN. Hahaha. I thought "This was it!!!!" many, many times- and then when it WAS it I missed the first one!
Goes to show you just never know! I believe I think I saw you had started a thread earlier, so I am going to go read that now! Good luck to you and Ninga- and the soon-to-be-born babies!

feegee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I fell in love with each of yours instantly, my hubby was peering over me going wild at the pictures (hes a big softy
)

clynn11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm in love with all of them too, same with my boyfriend. It's funny- when we first started dating 6 years ago he didn't think he was a cat lover. That's definitely changed since we've been together, he's HILARIOUS, in love with every single one of ours they have him wrapped around their finger. AND the strays in our neighborhood, he's constantly checking on them and calling for the more friendlier ones to come get some love. He adores the kittens, as do I. It's going to be so hard to send them to their new homes when they get old enough, it's the first litter i've ever actually watched being born- as well as weighed every day, etc, etc. I've had 2 other strays have babies at my house but they were outside and in the shed and definitely would not let me get as close and comfy as this momma does. I just love each of them so much, and they are growing every day it's amazing to watch.

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in love with all of them too, same with my boyfriend. It's funny- when we first started dating 6 years ago he didn't think he was a cat lover. That's definitely changed since we've been together, he's HILARIOUS, in love with every single one of ours they have him wrapped around their finger. AND the strays in our neighborhood, he's constantly checking on them and calling for the more friendlier ones to come get some love. He adores the kittens, as do I. It's going to be so hard to send them to their new homes when they get old enough, it's the first litter i've ever actually watched being born- as well as weighed every day, etc, etc. I've had 2 other strays have babies at my house but they were outside and in the shed and definitely would not let me get as close and comfy as this momma does. I just love each of them so much, and they are growing every day it's amazing to watch.
Haha that's funny about your BF- I love when people who claim they don't really like cats end up being at their mercy. I grew up in a strictly dog family and when I adopted my cat my parents and brothers didn't really understand why I went for a cat and not a dog. She won them over in no time but they swore it was because "she wasn't like other cats." When I started fostering they all said I was crazy. Wouldn't you know a year later and they are all owned by a shelter cat (my parents adopted my first foster Momma and my brothers adopted a year old tortie who had been caged with illness after illness for most of her life.) 
 Hooray for cat converts! 

Your babies are absolutely precious. I do feel like I get more attached to the ones who I have had since birth but the satisfaction of knowing they are going to a good home and will be good, social cats because of what I did for them makes it worth it. It's always sad but extremely gratifying at the same time. You gave them a chance at life when they may not have had it otherwise- never forget that!