Willow still not eating much!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very sorry

please be kind to yourself at this time as you grieve the loss of your beloved Willow... she really is thanking you for helping her pass with dignity, hard as it was

RIP Willow - you will be deeply missed but never forgotton

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sad for you. Reading this thread, I can really see the love and care you provided for Willow. Poor little girl, she just could not recover. You made the right decision, and now she is happy and carefree over the Rainbow bridge.

Rest in peace, sweet Willow.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss of Willow. Your vet sounds wonderful, very caring. I hope time will heal your pain...

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've just read this full thread with tears in my eyes

I'm so very sorry for your loss of little Willow, but you did everything you could and she knows that

RIP Willow, have fun playing with the other kitties over the bridge

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was following this ealier but only just saw the last few posts. I am so sorry but of course you know you did right by her in every way. It is just so hard, the last few steps. I hope you find peace in the new year.

ginnyp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My thoughts are with you in your loss. I know how it hurts, having just lost my kitty Candy on Dec. 27.

lisakmusco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah, so much of your story with Willow sounds so familiar. I just went through much the same thing at the same time with my Jasmine. Jasmine crossed the bridge on the Thursday before Christmas...12/22/05. I haven't been able to bring myself to write about her passing yet...it just hurts too much.
I have the beginnings of a page here (on thecatsite.com) for her.

Jasmine was 12 and a half, and had been ill on and off over the past few years. She'd had bladder stones removed surgically, yet still got occasional bladder infections, even while on prescription food. One infection she just couldn't seem to kick early last year and she was on antibiotics for a couple months straight. Jas had always been a plump little piggy when it came to eating. She was the ringleader when it came close to feeding time and if I didn't watch, she would eat not only her food, but everyone else's too. Over the past year or so, she settled down and became more picky when it came to eating and lost about half of her weight (down from 12-13 lbs to about 6 lbs the last time we were at the vet last month). Some of that we attributed to age, and some to the different bouts with infections. My husband thinks there was more wrong with her that the vet never found.
This fall we were hit hard by Hurricane Wilma, and while we didn't have any damage to speak of, we were without power for 12 days. We did have a generator, but that sound put everyone on edge, and Jas got more skittish and picky about eating -- some meals she would just look at her bowl of food, then walk away and get a drink instead. When she didn't return to her normal appetite once we got power (and blessed silence), I took her to the vet. He talked about liver lipidosis, and hospitalized her for a couple days. When she came home though she was much liker her old self....energized and eating fine. That lasted about a month. Christmas week I noticed she was slowing down in her eating, but was still eating some, and I managed to get her to eat more by adding different things to tempt her. I knew I was going to have to take her back to the vet, but it was totally unexpected when my husband woke me that Thursday morning telling me that she had died.

I feel so guilty, like I failed her. I had been planning to call the vet that day to bring her in either that night or the next day.