Why you shouldn't drive on ice - UTube Video

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I fishtailed my way through a busy intersection today as the light changed to red, and that was scary enough! Slip sliding all the way home, nothing like that though. They don't need cars, they need skates!
More of the video has loaded and I would presume this occurred on a hilly street.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can' believe that after the first car slid and smashed into all those cars, that people would even CONTEMPLATE trying to drive their own cars!

What did they think was going to happen??

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is just crazy
It's been on the news here several times lately. Ice and cars just do not mix well

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that is awful! I just showed DH. If it gets like that.....I'll let DH pull the cars forward into the yard, and then I'm staying put and so is he!

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Referring to the first video. I know exactly why everything happened as it did.

Everyone got caught with their pants down! The forecasters said that there was going to be a light "dusting" of snow and it wouldn't stick.

So everyone went to work, or their normal business thinking that.

A couple inches later and everyone who left their homes in the wee hour of the morning got screwed.

I also know the location to where this incident happened and its a really busy area. Plus it's by the west hills, hills being the key word. So every turn in the area there is going to be a slope. No matter where ya go.

Of course I didn't leave my house. I didn't have to work that day. lol.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember around 2000 I think in Massachusetts we had the first snow squal of the season. It was one of those times where not much was on the road but looks were deceiving. I was going down a hill, and saw cars everywhere off the side of the road. I barely touched my brakes and started doing 360's down the hill. I eventually stopped, but had to get out of the way quick because other cars were coming over the hill. I needed a change of pants that day

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

I can' believe that after the first car slid and smashed into all those cars, that people would even CONTEMPLATE trying to drive their own cars!

What did they think was going to happen??
That's what I was thinking...Where is that you need to be that's so important.

Am I the only one that was laughing though???

I mean, I know its horrible and stuff, and I've driven on icy roads before. However I almost felt like it was staged...

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I forgot to add. What I was suprised about the first video is that they didn't show the car crashing into the fire truck that showed up. That was the finale.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Breal76

I forgot to add. What I was suprised about the first video is that they didn't show the car crashing into the fire truck that showed up. That was the finale.
Oh, noooooooo!!!!