Why do I buy her toys?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I should add that I buy toys for the cats at the shelter too. My favorite cat, Baron, used to be feral. He's afraid of everything. I have yet to buy him a toy that he likes. So the toys I buy him often end up with other special needs cats. I'm OK with that, but I wish I knew what he liked. I really want to take him home, but given how much Jordan has cost me in the last year, I can't afford another one right now.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by samalander

Yesterday Ishy's other mommy, my roommate, and I went to Petco and bought more toys than we could afford. We also (barely) resisted a sweet ginger boy called Pretzel.

So we get these toys home, present them to her, and go about our business. Later that night, I'm cooking and the roomie is watching TV and- trot trot trot! -here comes Ishy up the stairs. With a pen in her mouth. I buy her all kids of shiny and jingly and light-up whatevers. She brings me a pen for playing with.

She sure is a strange little noodle sometimes.
Both of my cats are the same way. I can give them any kind of cat toy imaginable and they'll ignore it, but bring out a pen and all heck breaks loose. Must be a cat thing

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats love pens too. There was a pen stuck and I couldn't get it out and Milo worked at it until he finally got it.
I find so many hidden pens when I move furniture its insane.

My cats do play with their toys too though. They play with anything that is sitting around.

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LoL... sounds like squishy... We buy her all kinds of toys, play centers, tunnels and cubes . she loves them all. We brought her play center back out to the living room the other nite cause she wasnt playing with it as much in the bedroom and it a plastic tube frame and cubes that connect to it, well she hides her toys in the bottom cube and plays with them inside of it. We dumped the toys out last night and found her toys but also, and aquarium plant, hairbands, a plastic spider from a bubble gum machine that was mine, a milk jug ring, and a stuffed bat(the flying kind)that was also mine.... i guess she got bored with her toys and had to take mine.......