Why do "friends" do this stuff?

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not email him. I would write a nasty letter and then destroy it (just to get my feelings out).

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pipersjo

This is an old thread but I am going to ressurect this just to update everyone. Turns out, he does have a new GF and that is exactly why he was ignoring me and lying to me. I guess good riddance but it still sucks since we were supposedly such good friends. I would really like to send him an email teling him that I know that he has a new GF and I am happy for him and that I know he was lying the entire time but I don't want to butt in his life since he doesn't me there. What do you guys think-- would you email him?
I have to say that after reading this thread, I would tend to agree with Whisky's Dad. It seems your ex-friend has moved on with his life and is trying to sever any ties with you. The mature thing to do would be to let it go and move on yourself. Perhaps he felt he needed to lie to you because of your potential reaction in which case I can't really blame him. He was essentially trying to be nice to you by not telling you the truth. Guys seem to have more trouble breaking things off than girls in my experience.

Let it go, let him go, and you move on with your own life would be my advice.