Who's watching the World Cup soccer/football matches?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say that the Portugal / Netherlands game was one of the worst shows of sportsmanship I have seen in ages, behaving like that and risking the next round is just stupid (especially for the winning team)

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
your forgiven Fran

okay is 12.37am here in Aus. The match against Italy starts in 23 minutes.... I am sooo tired but I must stay awake!! I MUST!!!

best get some more wine

GO AUSSIES GO!! GO AUSSIES GO!! GO AUSSIES GO!! GO AUSSIES GO!! GO AUSSIES GO!! GO AUSSIES GO!! GO AUSSIES GO!! GO AUSSIES GO!! GO AUSSIES GO!! GO AUSSIES GO!! GO AUSSIES GO!! GO AUSSIES GO!!

jeanor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I have to say that the Portugal / Netherlands game was one of the worst shows of sportsmanship I have seen in ages,
Could you believe all of those cards? I watched it, then watched it again with my husband when he got home last night. It was unbelievable. It's really hard for a ref to gain control once he loses it.

I have a question about uniform colors. Why do some of the teams wear colors that aren't in their flag. Like Italy wears blue and the Netherlands wears Orange, yet other teams wear the exact colors of their flags. Who picks the colors?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jeanor

I have a question about uniform colors. Why do some of the teams wear colors that aren't in their flag. Like Italy wears blue and the Netherlands wears Orange, yet other teams wear the exact colors of their flags. Who picks the colors?
That's a good question. I've always connected orange with Holland because of William of Orange (Oranje?), but have no idea why, e.g., the Aussies wear yellow and green. I know Germany has to wear white, because all their matches are "home games". They have a new design for their jerseys every year, usually in black, red, & gold. Maybe it's because so many flags are similar (like Italy's and Hungary's) or are the same colors (just think red, white and blue, or red and white).
Australia lost to Italy, 0 - 1.
At least they put up a really good fight.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

aww Rigel what a bummer that messico lost
............thank you Chick!

Originally Posted by jcat

Mexico lost, 2 - 1. Awww, Rigel. Now . Germany plays Argentina on Friday. Not good.
....No way Tricia!....

Well, now i has a promise to realize
.......I told you if Mexico does´t keep his own path, I will to Cheer to Germany......

So in order of that, ....

Go Germany Go!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You dont know how pissed i am!

Screw my italian passport!
I literally have nothing in me that feels italian right now i am on fire!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I stayed up until 3.30am to watch that whole match only to loose in the last 4 seconds to a penatly which most certainly wasnt a penalty

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

Its now 7.30am and I am shattered!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's tough when your team is knocked out. One of my students decided he had to commiserate with me today because the U.S. didn't get beyond the group matches (very polite kid), and was surprised when I said I was just glad that the team qualified in the first place, since the U.S. isn't exactly a great soccer nation. Hey, Scotland and Turkey didn't qualify, and Holland and the Czech Republic are out, too. I'll be pleased if Germany makes it into the semi-finals, since I feel I have to root for the team (which is what most of the Turks who live here are doing), but if they don't, I'll still enjoy the "party atmosphere" here, as it has been incredible to have all these guests from around the world. I'll just cheer on the underdogs.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

I stayed up until 3.30am to watch that whole match only to loose in the last 4 seconds to a penatly which most certainly wasnt a penalty

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

Its now 7.30am and I am shattered!!
oohhh....Dan!
.....at least Aussie, play one more, than México!..

On the other hand,.........
........So Tricia & Fran are you ready with the Beers and the Snacks for the next Friday?

Go Germany Go!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

oohhh....Dan!
.....at least Aussie, play one more, than MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico!..

On the other hand,.........
........So Tricia & Fran are you ready with the Beers and the Snacks for the next Friday?

Go Germany Go!!!!!
I happen to have a party on friday
but noone i know is going for germany! hahaha

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were ripped off!!

Italy should be ashamed of themselves!

How many times did they drop?? It was just ridiculous! If that is the only way they can win a game, then they should be banned from competition!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok ladies.... I never really paid much attention to this whole world cup thing because, well, it's just not that popular in the US, and to be honest, I'm not really into the sports we have here either. But I just got an email from a girlfriend with pics of some of the guys from the different teams...OMG! No wonder you all watch it! Those are some major HOTTIES!
I happen to get 4 photos of them in their tighty whitey's that I am going to cherish forever!
I might actually watch the games next time.... I just may become a sports fan after all!

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aaaagghhh.....no footie on tonight

Its a real shame for the Aussies, i was soooo disappointed for them.

So England -v- Portugal i think we have a real chance GO ENGLAND !!

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! I didn't know there were so many World Cup fans! I've been watching every match that I can. Go Argentina!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cougar

Yay! I didn't know there were so many World Cup fans! I've been watching every match that I can. Go Argentina!!!
Brandon, how could you??? Jamie is a German cat!

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Brandon, how could you??? Jamie is a German cat!
Germany is my second choice! Though I was born in Landstuhl, my blood lines come mainly from Argentina
Plus they've been my team through every World Cup I've watched

Crespo for the win!!!