Who's tried pine litter?

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been using it for yrs..it came in handy when I had a diabetic cat that peed tones and would end up wearing clay slippers with the scoopable kind...he has passed on but I still use pine....I like it...I now buy it at a feed store way cheaper....I buy 40 pound bags for around $7
If you live near the border, the same product is 5 in the usa. I stock up when ever I cross :p

kittymommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried the Tidy Cats Pine and at first I liked it but then I didn't because it seemed like the smell wasn't really being dealt with and once the cats started using it it got sort of sticky and I didn't like the way it clumped.  It wasn't too bad when I at first had mixed it with the Active Places Tidy Cats but once it was the only thing in the box it wasn't too good.

envy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use Feline Fresh as well, and I really, really enjoy it.  I do have a bit of problems with tracking, but I kind of assume that that'll happen with clay too, and I like to think it's a little healthier for my ladies, as there isn't all the dust and stuff.  I don't notice an odour (not a piney odour or a kitty odour, though that may be because I feed my cats raw). 

sekhmet87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Someone gave us a box of the Feline Pine- the loose stuff not the pellets and I have to say I am not a huge fan. I like that it is less dusty, and that initial smell was pleasant but the way it clumps is really odd to me. There were  clumps where I honestly couldn't tell if it was pee or poop. I mixed a little of the Tidy Cats scoopible in with it and it was a little better but I don't think I am impressed.