Who has Netflix? And how often do you rent?

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

We have the three at a time plan, and the main reason we went with Netflix is because we cannot rent the movies we want around here. Everything is limited to new or popular releases.
Not a lot of good if you want something odd from the 70s or 80s.
That's part of why we switched too... no good foreign films!

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
NETFLIX IS AWESOME
I'm on the two-DVD plan, and I try to watch two per week.

They have a great selection (much better than any video store I've ever been to) and a great price for the service. I rent old movies, new movies, concert DVD's, TV shows...they seriously have almost everything!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thanks to this thread, I signed up for a 2 week free trial

I signed up for the 1 movie at a time, unlimited for 8.99/month. If the turn around time is good enough during the trial, I'll keep it I think. There are a lot of movies out right now that I want to see

I also put movies on hold that just came out in the theater this weekend - Horton Hears A Who, and 10,000 BC that we saw on Saturday and loved!
Yay!!! I'm glad you are going to try it out! I forgot to mention they have instantly watch movies online now! They are mostly older movies, but it's great because you don't have to wait for the old or less popular movie to be mailed. Plus there's no downloading. It's literally instant! And it's free with membership.

Also, they keep dropping their prices. When I first joined it was $20 without tax and they have dropped the price twice now. I think it's 16.99 or 17.99 without tax for the 3 at a time now.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SammiesMom

Blockbuster pi$$ed me off a few years back. This was when the only option was going to the store.

I checked out 2 movies. One I returned almost immediately. The second, I will admit, was 2 days late. Next time I wanted to rent, they were trying to charge me late fees for both. I explained I had returned one, but took full responsibility for the late fees on the second. They wouldn't budge. Got the manager involved and he would not budge.

I refused to ever go back there again. And I have not.

I am all Netflix now.
My SO went to Blockbuster before I met him and I only went there 3 times. Each time I had problems with them

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Yay!!! I'm glad you are going to try it out! I forgot to mention they have instantly watch movies online now! They are mostly older movies, but it's great because you don't have to wait for the old or less popular movie to be mailed. Plus there's no downloading. It's literally instant! And it's free with membership.

Also, they keep dropping their prices. When I first joined it was $20 without tax and they have dropped the price twice now. I think it's 16.99 or 17.99 without tax for the 3 at a time now.
Well I changed it to 2 at a time, unlimited for $13.99 a month
I already have 61 movies on our list

John wants to see The Wire season 5 & I want a bunch of girly movies, this will be great I think!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Amen, sister! I was so sad when Hollywood Video went out of business (at least the one near me). I just won't go to Blockbuster.
No kidding!!!! I won't EVER go in another one again. It only took me three times of going into the store to HATE it!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well I changed it to 2 at a time, unlimited for $13.99 a month
I already have 61 movies on our list

John wants to see The Wire season 5 & I want a bunch of girly movies, this will be great I think!
You guys will love it!!! They are so awesome to deal with! I had a movie lost in the mail once and they didn't give me any hassel about it! They are just great

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also.....They changed something else to make me love them even more!!! Every blue moon you will get a damaged movie, it will skip or pause. They used to make you send it back before they sent you a replacement, but now all you have to do is get online and "report a problem" and they will send you the replacement ASAP!!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea i have, once i catch up on some movies will cancel my account again for a few months.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMGosh! we Love NetFlix!!! were like addicted to it!! lol
So... we currently have over 30 Movies in our Q and about 6 more in holding that were waiting to be available or to come out on DVD. Also.. even though I said we rent 3+ a week.. we actually Rent like 3 a Day

Now im not to Fond of the Watch Instantly Movies... they dont really have a good selection of Movies... there all mostly Old or really Stupid ((Bad Acting, B Rated, etc.)) so I dont usually Watch Instantly unless im making Fun of the Movie or I find one I think I might be interested in.

All in all... WE LOVE NETFLIX!!!!

EDIT:
Oh.. is it just me or is NetFlix starting to "Slow Down" on Mailing Movies out?? We've been getting one Movie every other day now... and were not getting curtain Movies our Q says we got and returned, its actually getting annoying... is that happening to any of you guys too??

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I find the turnaround time to be outstanding. If I put one in my mailbox today, they receive it next business day (morning) and mail my next one that same day. I usually receive it the following day.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have the 3 at a time plan, the frequency varies depending on how much movie watching time we have...sometimes it's 3 a week, sometimes it's 1 a week. I have to keep going into the queue and moving stuff around or else we will have nothing but foreign and or depressing movies for weeks on end. (DH will choose a whole bunch, but he never looks at the order, then he complains that we haven't seen a comedy in weeks).

I'm also using it to catch up on TV I can't watch because we have mimimal cable...so I'm getting newer South Park seasons and HBO stuff...

Our turnaround time has been great, but we aren't really high-volume users. I have heard that they slow down the shipments if you send them back too quickly.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have the 3 at a time plan, and get 2-3 movies every week. 2 lately because I haven't had time to watch 3:10 to Yuma, and DH doesn't want to watch it. So it's been sitting on the entertainment center for a couple weeks.

I hate pretty much all of the local video stores. Blockbuster is the best of them I would say. At least with Blockbuster I know when a movie is due back. Don't get me started on Family Video.
EVERY time we rent from them, I get a late fee charged in less than 24 hours. I don't know how you are supposed to rent a movie and return it practically the same day.
They also have weird rental times. 1 day or a week. What the heck?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a huge fan of Blockbuster simply because they don't carry all the movies I want to watch. I mean, I want to watch a French silent film from 1913 how hard is that to stock? Why isn't that a high volume rental?

Blockbuster is great for those who want to watch mainstream movies, and people that have kids. It's very family friendly. If it were my only outlet for movies I'd go crazy, and half my paycheck would be going to renting them from other places on line.

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We've been with Netflix since Oct '05 and are pretty happy with it. We live in the middle of nowhere so sometimes the turn-around time sucks, but overall it's pretty good. In the winter we up our account to 5 at-a-time and when the weather gets nicer we drop to 3. I have noticed that when on the 5 plan I get better movies...mainly new releases. When we drop to 3, it seems we are less important to them and we never get new releases.
I read an article pertaining to just that, but I can't find it now.
So, yes, Netflix is good, but it also has it's glitches like anything else.

And I won't even start on the blockbuster topic!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

OMGosh! we Love NetFlix!!! were like addicted to it!! lol
So... we currently have over 30 Movies in our Q and about 6 more in holding that were waiting to be available or to come out on DVD. Also.. even though I said we rent 3+ a week.. we actually Rent like 3 a Day

Now im not to Fond of the Watch Instantly Movies... they dont really have a good selection of Movies... there all mostly Old or really Stupid ((Bad Acting, B Rated, etc.)) so I dont usually Watch Instantly unless im making Fun of the Movie or I find one I think I might be interested in.

All in all... WE LOVE NETFLIX!!!!

EDIT:
Oh.. is it just me or is NetFlix starting to "Slow Down" on Mailing Movies out?? We've been getting one Movie every other day now... and were not getting curtain Movies our Q says we got and returned, its actually getting annoying... is that happening to any of you guys too??
Do the movies in your Queue have a wait? They don't send you any movies until they can send you that one.

Short wait = about a week
Long wait = about 2 weeks
Very Long Wait = about a month

Make sure you don't have any wait movies in the top three of your Queue. They figure you REALLY want those movies and would rather wait for those movies than move your Queue.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have it too, and for awhile I only had the 2 per month plan, I do watch a lot of TV and just don't have the time to watch a lot of movies with school and work
but I upped it to 3 at a time while I'm on vacation
and I'm renting the Angel TV show DVDs and I'm flying thru them

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first 2 movies are being shipped out today!

I already have 80 movies in my list

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My first 2 movies are being shipped out today!

I already have 80 movies in my list
mine is well over 200
but in my defense I had a few TV shows in there

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We don't have Netflix over here, but Amazon has something very similar, which I've thought about signing up for. The only reason I haven't is that if I really want to see something, all I have to do is mention it at school, and I have a number of students offering to lend me their DVDs, etc..