Who has a special needs baby?

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Deaf Pickles picked by your deaf son - that brought tears to my eyes.

My sweet Smidge isnt too much of a special needs cat.
I adopted her from a rescue place with a bad paw. They said that when she was found abandoned she had an infected puncture wound, was treated, and would be 100% back to normal. After one mn and no improvement with her foot, my untrained eye, I took her to the vet. She was xrayed; come to find out her foot had been broken and never treated. She also was a kitten when it happened so the bones kept growing completely wrong. She walks on the "knee" joint of her paw and sometimes it is clear it is hurting her. She will have ortho probs/discomfort for life. The vet said there was nothing to do for her except give her a cushy lifestyle. She's got that!

The "funny" part is - my mum commented that I should return her or complain to the rescue place b/c they gave you an injured cat w/o the real story AND you had to shell out $118 to be told that. I never for a moment thought of her as "imperfect"; I committed to her the day I signed papers. Months later though, my mum now is like "Oh she is the most darling baby sweetie pie!" and goes to my house while I'm at work to play and pet her. Sucker!