Who drinks tea???

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love tea, I drink PG tips de-caff. Strangely, it wakes me up in the morning even though it has no caffeine!

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I drink cofee with vanilla creamer. I don't really like cofee that much but it wakes me up in the morning.

and it cheap too

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by chelle

Anyone know of a brand of Tea that i can drink at night to help
me relax?
Try Celestial Seasonings "Sleepytime". It's lovely anytime actually, but especially before bed. I love it with a touch of lemon and honey.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never drank tea before... but my Aunt & Grandpa got me hooked on Diet Lipton Green Tea with Mixed Berry. Its SO good, and good for you too. My Aunt used to get bladder infections at least a few times every month or two, and ever since she started drinking this daily, she hasn't had one in about 4 months!

Its really yummy!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely adore tea
- hot tea!
And it has to be Tetley! I usually drink plain old Tetley orange pekoe, but have been known to enjoy the occasional cup of Earl Grey or green tea. Drinking it at night is a problem for trying to sleep, so a nice cup of camomile is great in the evenings! Also, mint tea made with fresh mint - YUM!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

I LOVE hot tea! Every morning I have English Breakfast tea with breakfast!
I also like:
Chai (currently I have Masala Chai from a place here in Orlando called Teavana)
White Tea (though it's generally more expensive)
and fruit flavored teas! We have a mango tea at my place right now that is pretty good and a while back my roommate bought me some strawberry tea that was JUST delicious!!!

Tea bags or loose leaf are fine for me! Though I honestly think it tastes better when it's loose leaf. Just a difference in freshness perhaps? The chai I have right now is a loose leaf.

I'm a tea fiend.
Katherine you will need to come over and have tea with me sometime! We have Teavana here in Jax as well. I drink English Breakfast, at night though. I also have the Masala Chai and add a bit of soy milk to it. Yum!

I enjoy the taste of loose leaf tea more than the tea bags. It takes a little more time to make, but it's worth it

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hot, I like anything, herbal, black, green. Have not tried oolong, red, or white, but I want to as I'm pretty sure I will like them. I don't add anything.

For iced, though, I don't like plain tea, it has to be flavored. Bigalow Cinnamon Stick is really good iced with just a touch of Splenda.

I'm wondering if I can create flavored tea by using plain black or green tea and adding a bag or two of herbal tea. Do you think that would work? If so, I think it would be a really neat way to make your own custom flavors.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure you could "create" your own teas - go for it!

Gary and I drink a LOT of tea, though it's only green teas these days.

Other than specific types of herbal teas that are from mint or chamelia or whatever, almost all "tea" is from the same plant, Camellia Sinensis.

The only difference between white tea, the various types of green teas, and the various types of black teas, is processing and flavoring. Black tea is fully fermented green tea. Green tea is fermented slightly more than and processed a little bit differently than white tea.

White tea is the least fermented/processed of all the "tea" types of teas (meaning not compared to some herbal teas, but compared to anything that is from camellia sinensis).

The various types of teas within the black or green category have to do with the length and type of fermentation, and flavor additives that create Jasmine green tea or Earl Grey black tea, for example.

Tea comes originally from China, and if you want a quick read on the history from the chinese perspective, here's a link: http://www.tenren.com/teahistory.html

If you are interested in the different types of tea, a quick read on fermentation is here: http://www.tenren.com/fermentation.html

Green tea has been shown to have bazzillions of health benefits. A quick search at prevention magazine turns up this list: http://find.prevention.com/vignette/...archresult.jsp

It helps boost the levels of antioxidants in your blood, so it helps fight cancer, boost your immune system, etc. It has been shown to help you lose weight - it boosts your metabolism (and not because of caffeine). It helps fight allergies, colds, etc. ...and it helps you get down those GALLONS of water you should be drinking every day!

Now that we are working again, Gary and I purchase our tea from Ten Ren. We go to the store in NYC - but because of this thread, I found out they have a site from which you can purchase stuff. www.tenren.com. Gary and I purchase some of the higher grades of green tea, and always have King's Tea, Ti Kuan Yin, Jasmine and a good organic oolong on hand. We purchase whole loose leaf - not powder.

Happy drinking!

Laurie