Who all likes to workout?

siberian tiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I got back into weight lifting over the past two months and I have changed my diet.
I have also stayed off the sodas and I have lost some weight and gained muscle. It feels good to be in semi-good shape again.
Still need some more work on cardio. Still struggle keeping wind when I play basketball.

Is their any fitness buffs on the board. I just hope I can keep up with my routines. But them dam beer and mixed drinks is what I need to cut down on.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My entire workout routine consists of being dragged around by my dog for a few blocks, followed by 15-20 minutes of rough housing with him

Good for you though for making an effort to get back in shape!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go to the YMCA at least 4 days a week, running/walking 3 - 5 miles! I have lost 10lbs....yay! I love working out, it makes me feel so much better!

altzarina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I play football (soccer, whatever you call it) so my work-out sessions are covered through that. I am a real bad player and am the most irregular one(got practice sessions at 6 in the morn everday, who would go??!)...so err...I've gained a few pounds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siberian tiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes I know what you mean. I have so much more energy now and I starting to get my abs and love handles looking good again.
About three months ago it was a wake up call for me. I saw I was gaining to much weight. My last girlfriend liked me like that.

I usually just lift weights and do ab workouts. I am going to do more jogging and walking to improve my cardio more. I used to do kickboxing. But I injured my knee and lost the desire to keep up with it.
I do plan on getting back into it. Once I left it is when I really got out of shape.

caligirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I try to workout. I have a treadmill that I jog for a mile (about 13 mins) and after that I do Pilates for 20 min. then I start housecleaning and chasing after my 4 year old son and after my daughter gets out of school both of my kids do soccer so I go practice with them and if there's no soccer it's softball practice with my hubby.
So I think I keep pretty fit. Exhausted by the end of the day, but I feel that I good.

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i do advanced tai bo for an hour a day and i generally stick to water or diet coke, i'm into soft drinks anyway..or soda lol

it is a great feeling, i'm quiet toned now and my plan is to get to a size eight Australian for summer, Last time i did tai bo every day i lost a tonne of weight fast but i gave it a rest for a while...big mistake lol

goodluck

felicia

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was going to the gym religiously 4 - 5 days a week for a few years with little cardio and lots of iron/weights. I looked great but felt terrible. My elbows were in constant pain and I presently have a problem with shoulder/rotator cuff...very painful!! I had to stop completely. My real problem was that the gym became an obsession and not an enjoyment.

Just my personality I guess...but I couldn't go to the gym 2 - 3 times per wk., I had to go 4 - 5 times and not just go...but go hard!!

So...no gym for awhile for me. I have a very physical job (own a route) so for now, no gym at all and will just stick to work.

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I SUCK!!! I can't get off my fat A*s... I just get mad
& feel sorry for myself! I am really starting to hate myself!!!

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pilates every day, yoga every day, 30-60 mins. of freestyle dance every day (depending on my mood), 3-4x a week I add the Gazelle, Total Gym, Treadmill, Ball, Step, or one of the dance/tae bo/strip DVDs I have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siberian tiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just have to keep my partying down to minimum.
If I do that I should have my six pack back.
I used to have a good wash board stomach. I am starting to get their.

amanda8501

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i like working out but after 1 shift serving tables i am to worn out to go to the gym, and on the days i am not working i am in school. But i did find out, by wearing a pedometer, that a 8 hour shift is equal to about 6 miles of walking not including all the carrying i do....last weekend i has 2 back to back doubles, i walked like 24 miles.....so i think thats a good workout

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I go to the YMCA at least 4 days a week, running/walking 3 - 5 miles! I have lost 10lbs....yay! I love working out, it makes me feel so much better!
Which YMCA do you belong too? I go to the "Y" 3 or 4 times per week as well. I belong to the brand new Andover facility. I wouldn't say I exactley enjoy it, but I certainly feel better after 2 months of working out!

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emb_78

I SUCK!!! I can't get off my fat A*s... I just get mad
& feel sorry for myself! I am really starting to hate myself!!!
You just need a friend to help motivate you. I only go because my husband and I make a "date" of it. I'd rather be sitting on the couch snacking with my kitties!

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I dont think i would mind working out, but my problem is I cant find anything I enjoy doing. I get bored pretty quickly and just walking or running, or machines get old to me, then I start to dread going and then I start to taper off, then not going at all.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work out for at least an hour a day. Alcohol is the worst thing for you; it turns to sugar and fat so fast! My cousin needs to lose 50 pounds at least, and I think she'd lose half of it if she laid off the booze.